New Orleans To Remove Excremental Rebel Monuments

Tiberius

You do a pretty good job at making statements, not discussing them with anyone, and then getting mad at all the 'ignorant pinheads' who disagree with you.

I'd still be interested in hearing how the United States wasn't being traitorous to the crown by rebelling to form our own nation, yet the Confederacy were being traitorous by rebelling in order to form their own nation.

If the American colonist had lost they would have been traitorous but since they won (the winning meaning God was on their side) they were glorious nation builders - the Confederacy lost which means they were traitorous losers.

If the American colonist had lost they would have been traitorous but since they won (the winning meaning God was on their side) they were glorious nation builders - the Confederacy lost which means they were traitorous losers.

If that's logic, then it's terrible logic. If it's sarcasm, it's seriously pathetic.

I was actually looking for an honest answer.

Apparently I still am.

If that's logic, then it's terrible logic. If it's sarcasm, it's seriously pathetic.

I was actually looking for an honest answer.

Apparently I still am.

"Treason doth never prosper, what's the reason? For if it prosper, none dare call it Treason."

When are these going to be renamed instead of honoring "Sheets", or don't Dummycunts care about his being a grand dragon of the KKK?

Robert C. Byrd Academic and Technology Center

Robert C. Byrd addition to the lodge at Oglebay Park, Wheeling

Byrd Aerospace Technology Center

Robert C. Byrd Bridge between Huntington and Chesapeake, Ohio

Robert C. Byrd Cancer Research Center

Robert C. Byrd Clinical Addition to the veterans’ hospital in Huntington

Robert C. Byrd Community Center, Pine Grove

Robert C. Byrd Community Center in the naval [communications] station, Sugar Grove

Robert C. Byrd Drive, from Beckley to Sophia (Byrd’s hometown)

Robert C. Byrd Expressway, U.S. 22 near Weirton

Robert C. Byrd Federal Building

Robert C. Byrd Federal Courthouse

Robert C. Byrd Freeway

Robert C. Byrd Green Bank Telescope

Robert C. Byrd Hardwood Technologies Center, near Princeton

Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center of West Virginia

Robert C. Byrd High school in Bridgeport

Robert C. Byrd Highway

Robert C. Byrd Hilltop Office Complex, Mineral County

Robert C. Byrd Honors Scholarships

Robert C. Byrd Industrial Park, Hardy County

Robert C. Byrd Institute in Charleston

Robert C. Byrd Institute for Advanced Flexible Manufacturing

Robert C. Byrd Library and Robert C. Byrd Learning Resource Center

Robert C. Byrd Life Long Learning Center

Robert C. Byrd Locks and Dam

Robert C. Byrd National Technology Transfer Center

Robert C. Byrd Rural Health Center

Robert C. Byrd Scholastic Recognition Award Byrd Science Center, Shepherd University

Robert C. Byrd Technology Center at Alderson-Broaddus College

Robert C. Byrd United Technical Center

Robert C. Byrd Visitor Center at Harpers Ferry National Historic Park

My position is that the Confederates were traitors. They lost. Raising memorials to traitors in a conquered land is, I suppose, understandable to the traitors, but the conquerors now want them removed. And removed they shall be. They are disrespectful to the United States of America, because they honor traitors. They are also painful to some descendants of slaves, just in case they ever forget that their ancestors were stuffed into ships like cattle, and when they got to America they were treated worse than cattle. Of course many of you would question their right to feel that way - that doesn't surprise me at all.

Had the traitors won, then they could erect statues of themselves all they wanted. They could remove any memory of those who came before. They could rename the entire country Dixie. But they didn't win. So that's tough for them. They've enjoyed their little statues, now their pigeons can crap on someone else's likeness.

In closing: I really don't give a shirt about you ignorant pinheads. For the most part you have proven over the years that you are bigots, incapable of engaging in a discussion rationally or without derision for everyone who doesn't kowtow to your "superior knowledge". So on the rare occasion when you express an intelligent idea, it's chalked up as an accident. This is a little playpen that belongs to a handful of under-endowed little "men" who have nothing better to do than rip others to shreds, hoping when they get up the next day it'll be bigger. The disappointment must be heartbreaking. Good luck with that.

Do you feel the same way about Israeli settlements?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/19/world/asia/south-korea-comfort-women-park-yu-ha.html?ref=world&_r=0

This is an interesting history controversy. The part about the American GIs in the story is also interesting

When do they pull down the Lincoln Memorial for his suspension of habeus corpus?

But we admire Lincoln and think he was a good man and a great President. Those Confederates tried to do something the majority of us think is not worth celebrating, so take them away. In a democracy we can celebrate the history we think is good.

• Haha (+1) 1

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/19/world/asia/south-korea-comfort-women-park-yu-ha.html?ref=world&_r=0

This is an interesting history controversy. The part about the American GIs in the story is also interesting

But we admire Lincoln and think he was a good man and a great President. Those Confederates tried to do something the majority of us think is not worth celebrating, so take them away. In a democracy we can celebrate the history we think is good.

why is the first part interesting? are you just now learning about the birds and the bees? god damn you're slapgum retarded, boy.

and who is "we" and "us?" i don't think lincoln was that good, and what the confederates did i celebrate in supporting states rights, included your hated robert e lee; whom was quite and amazing man. along with jefferson davis and more so his wife.

i'm a moron half educated in anything and have more sense and knowledge than your dopy ass.

Who is this "we" that defines what is "good" or not?

Who is this "we" that defines what is "good" or not?

sane people. reasonable people. people with a conscience. ethical people. moral people. people of good faith. but apparently not you...

slavery is bad. it's morally wrong. it benefits a few at the very great cost to many. it's cruel. it's inhuman. it's torture. and it's is antithetical to libertarianism.

yet the confederacy fully supported it and economically depended on it. regardless of whether you admit that the civil war was primarily about slavery, it was a major issue. and one side supported it and one side fought against it. no getting around it and on balance any good done by any leader on that side is fully negated by this issue. those that continue to glorify these figures ignore this and minimize the great suffering of the slaves and their ancestors.

far past time to put these monuments in the official dustbin (toilet) of history as far as the government is concerned.

Edited by birdog1960

sane people. reasonable people.

slavery is bad. it's morally wrong. it benefits a few at the very great cost to many. it's cruel. it's inhuman. it's torture. and it's is antithetical to libertarianism.

yet the confederacy fully supported it and economically depended on it. regardless of whether you admit that the civil war was primarily about slavery, it was a major issue. and one side supported it and one side fought against it. no getting around it and on balance any good done by any leader on that side is fully negated by this issue. those that continue to glorify these figures ignore this and minimize the great suffering of the slaves and their ancestors.

far past time to put these monuments in the official dustbin (toilet) of history as far as the government is concerned.

So was the KKK "bad"? Why is Byrd honored then? He was a sheet-wearing-negro-hating Bona fide Klansman. NO Republican would be able to hold office like the racist Bryd did.

So was the KKK "bad"? Why is Byrd honored then? He was a sheet-wearing-negro-hating Bona fide Klansman. NO Republican would be able to hold office like the racist Bryd did.

yes, the kkk is evil as was robert byrd. west virginia is an enigma like much of rural poor america. they often vote against their own best interest. it's a tribute to the power of propaganda.

but i call a 15 yard unsporsmanlike conduct penalty for this: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/no-true-scotsman

Edited by birdog1960

Yikes, this is the dumbest post I've read in a long time. My fear is that ....lybob could actually mean it!

Yikes, this is the dumbest post I've read in a long time. My fear is that ....lybob could actually mean it!

we finally agree. pretty scary example of moral relativism.

we should all also agree that slavery is absolutely immoral. yes?

Edited by birdog1960

sane people. reasonable people. people with a conscience. ethical people. moral people. people of good faith. but apparently not you...

Obama uses some pretty clever and crafty wording to frame his arguments. My favorite is when he says "common sense". Well common sense according to whom? Because usually when I hear him utter those 2 words, what follows I think is complete rubbish.

So here in lies the problem when you frame an argument based on saneness, being reasonable or moral, or having common sense you only espouse those viewpoints that agree with your stance as being able to be considered "reasonable, moral" etc..

Whoever is in power and controlling the dialogue can do as they please and use some creative language to silence and bully dissenting viewpoints.

• Like (+1) 1