New Orleans To Remove Excremental Rebel Monuments

Tiberius

Maybe the slaves who make birdog's iPhone will get a little extra rice for the holidays. It'll keep them from jumping out of the factory Windows for a couple more weeks.

What a bunch of crap minus this amazing nugget below

This is a little playpen that belongs to a handful of under-endowed little "men" who have nothing better to do than rip others to shreds, hoping when they get up the next day it'll be bigger. The disappointment must be heartbreaking. Good luck with that.

Penis smack !

Maybe the slaves who make birdog's iPhone will get a little extra rice for the holidays. It'll keep them from jumping out of the factory Windows for a couple more weeks.

Penis smack !

She still hasn't responded to my response about Israeli settlements. Because she has none. I'm tempted to add a vulgar response to her rooster smack but I'll take the high road lol

Penis smack !

Slaves make iPhones?

So being taken advantage of by large corporations is good just as long as it doesn't happen here? Did I get that right?

Being exploited by large private corporations is bad.

But those corporations are a wing of the Chinese government. So its not exploration or slavery, because government grants rights.

And thEy are damn happy to have the jobs, too. Lifting them out of poverty

You ought to rethink your simplistic position on the matter and do some research. These "employees" are not being lifted out of poverty. They are being exploited, abused, and according to the UN definition, are in fact slaves.

Here's one talking about how hard Apple is trying to stomp out these practices. And by trying hard I of course mean turning a blind eye to it until they're called out for their exploitation.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/12/8024895/apple-slave-labor-working-conditions-2015

You ought to rethink your simplistic position on the matter and do some research. These "employees" are not being lifted out of poverty. They are being exploited, abused, and according to the UN definition, are in fact slaves.

Here's one talking about how hard Apple is trying to stomp out these practices. And by trying hard I of course mean turning a blind eye to it until they're called out for their exploitation.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/12/8024895/apple-slave-labor-working-conditions-2015

According to that article it doesn't look like they are turning a blind eye to the exploitation, but are in fact making real efforts to correct the problems.

According to that article it doesn't look like they are turning a blind eye to the exploitation, but are in fact making real efforts to correct the problems.

They've been much better under Cook, but they (along with Nestle) are still two of the largest corporations employing slave labor today. The only reason they began making an effort was because they got called out. Props to them.

So being taken advantage of by large corporations is good just as long as it doesn't happen here? Did I get that right?

It that what I said? No. Try again

But I thought welfare and social programs lift people out of poverty, not working hard.

I've always said the best social program is a job.

Here's one talking about how hard Apple is trying to stomp out these practices. And by trying hard I of course mean turning a blind eye to it until they're called out for their exploitation. http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/12/8024895/apple-slave-labor-working-conditions-2015

No, auctually millions have been lifted out of poverty and that definition, while yes slavery, is a matter of enforcing laws against slavery. And Apple is not starting a civil war to spread slavery it's actually trying to help eliminate it.

Aren't these companies sub-contractors who bid the jobs, making it difficult to police their practices? I'm not in any way condoning the de facto slave labor but if Apple is really trying to eliminate it, good for them.

Thumbs up! Good post

I've always said the best social program is a job.

Do you ever read what you write? Just about every post you make has a grammatical or spelling error. Have you no pride? I know you are going to come back and call me stupid or a moron, and that's ok. Just for once though, use proper grammar and check to see that it is a complete thought with all the words spelled correctly.

Do you ever read what you write? Just about every post you make has a grammatical or spelling error. Have you no pride? I know you are going to come back and call me stupid or a moron, and that's ok. Just for once though, use proper grammar and check to see that it is a complete thought with all the words spelled correctly.

F it, I don't care about grammar or mistakes

Aren't these companies sub-contractors who bid the jobs, making it difficult to police their practices? I'm not in any way condoning the de facto slave labor but if Apple is really trying to eliminate it, good for them.

Subcontracting to Foxconn lets Apple have their cake & eat it too.

They take advantage of the low cost of quasi-slave labor with the deniability of doing it thru a third party. With an added bonus of the PR campaign to improve conditions

No that's not what you said but they have jobs through corporate exploitation correct?

I've always said the best social program is a job

Created by the government.

It's interesting. Calvert Funds is one of the top mutual funds in the socially responsible investment space. They screen out lots of companies for improper governance and that typically includes their supply chain. However Apple is the largest holding in their Large Cap Core Fund.

http://www.greenmoneyjournal.com/may-2015/apple/

Edited by Chef Jim

No that's not what you said but they have jobs through corporate exploitation correct?

Created by the government.

It's interesting. Calvert Funds is one of the top mutual funds in the socially responsible investment space. They screen out lots of companies for improper governance and that typically includes their supply chain. However Apple is the largest holding in their Large Cap Core Fund.

http://www.greenmoneyjournal.com/may-2015/apple/

Define "exploitation"

I never said that. If they are free market jobs, I am alright with that of course. Why do you always create straw man arguments? Is your view of things so demented that the truth won't simply support it?

What does that mutual fund charge, if you just happen to know, if not, don't worry?

Define "exploitation"

I never said that. If they are free market jobs, I am alright with that of course. Why do you always create straw man arguments? Is your view of things so demented that the truth won't simply support it?

What does that mutual fund charge, if you just happen to know, if not, don't worry?

Exploitation? Treating someone poorly for personal gain.

Do you think Apple has exploiting people for their own personal gain?

According to their site the expense ratio is 1.30%. Pretty high. SRI funds typically suck but since moving to the Bay Area I've had lots of people that want them.

1) Exploitation? Treating someone poorly for personal gain.

2) Do you think Apple has exploiting people for their own personal gain?

3) According to their site the expense ratio is 1.30%. Pretty high. SRI funds typically suck but since moving to the Bay Area I've had lots of people that want them.

1) That seems like a pretty relative term, don't you think?

2) Good thing you are not liberal, or our spelling/grammar cop would give you a ticket, but its ok, he only points it out to not Conservatives. Worthless POS. Apple isn't a person. And I don't think they would see it that way.

3) Way too high! I'll stick with Vanguard

2) Good thing you are not liberal, or our spelling/grammar cop would give you a ticket, but its ok, he only points it out to not Conservatives. Worthless POS. Apple isn't a person. And I don't think they would see it that way.

1. No

2. Well I changed it from is exploiting to has because to tell you the truth I don't know if they are anymore but the have in the past

3. Good luck. Expense ratios mean nothing when you do it on your own. The biggest threat to people reaching their financial goals is themselves.

Subcontracting to Foxconn lets Apple have their cake & eat it too.

They take advantage of the low cost of quasi-slave labor with the deniability of doing it thru a third party. With an added bonus of the PR campaign to improve conditions

What exactly is quasi slavery? Sort of like confederate slavery x no bull whips , buying , selling and separating families, raping the females and giving saltpeter to the males? Other than those and a few other barbaric, shameful things they're exactly the same, right?

What exactly is quasi slavery? Sort of like confederate slavery x no bull whips , buying , selling and separating families, raping the females and giving saltpeter to the males? Other than those and a few other barbaric, shameful things they're exactly the same, right?

You are such a hypocritical douche bag.

The problem is, with nearly every one of your posts, it is necessary to decipher them because of your ignorant use of the English language. On top of that you state that you couldn't care less about grammar and spelling. That only proves that you are incapable of concise thought and are nothing but a loose cannon with no personal pride. It might not mean much to you now, but when you get a job your inability to make sense and express yourself will be a problem. Maybe just practicing phrases like "go large"? or "do you want fries with that"? will get you by.

1. No

2. Well I changed it from is exploiting to has because to tell you the truth I don't know if they are anymore but the have in the past

3. Good luck. Expense ratios mean nothing when you do it on your own. The biggest threat to people reaching their financial goals is themselves.

3. I'm doing great. No need of luck.

You are such a hypocritical douche bag.

No, he's just right, and that makes your simple self angry. Or, more angry, I should say. Life seems to really frustrate you

No, auctually millions have been lifted out of poverty and that definition, while yes slavery, is a matter of enforcing laws against slavery. And Apple is not starting a civil war to spread slavery it's actually trying to help eliminate it. Thumbs up! Good post

Gators logic in this thread: :lol:

Destroying history is good -- like ISIS does

Slavery lifts people out of poverty.

:lol: good grief you're a mess in the head.

You're still not going to offer a response to my questions?

Man, what an intellectual coward you are. I've never really had anything against you, but this has been a shameful performance in this thread. Pity.

And if you truly knew your history in this area you'd know those examples were not the norms, not even close to the norms, in the antebellum south. Slaves were too valuable to purposefully harm. Didn't mean it didn't happen but they were outliers.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Man, what an intellectual coward you are. I've never really had anything against you, but this has been a shameful performance in this thread. Pity.

And if you truly knew your history in this area you'd know those examples were not the norms, not even close to the norms, in the antebellum south. Slaves were too valuable to purposefully harm. Didn't mean it didn't happen but they were outliers.

Slavery lifts people out of poverty...but it's evil. :wacko:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/15/adrian-peterson-slavery-nfl_n_836090.html

"It's modern-day slavery, you know? People kind of laugh at that, but there are people working at regular jobs who get treated the same way, too. With all the money," Peterson continued. "The owners are trying to get a different percentage, and bring in more money."

[quote name="Deranged Rhino" post="3820154" timestamp="1451070192

I'm wondering where your thesis was published. Sons of the confederacy quarterly ? Physical abuse of southern slaves was rampant. S Carolina even wrote laws restricting discipline to whipping and chaining while seeing the need to expressly forbid burning, castrating and scalding. Torture implements were even devised specifically for use with American slaves. The references are plentiful and easy to find. I can't find one that doesn't make the statement that the cruelty was widespread. Perhaps you can link your novel thesis that these slaveholders were generally good to their property. While you're at it cite similar examples of such abuse on Apple employees

Edited by birdog1960

I'm wondering where your thesis was published. Sons of the confederacy quarterly ? Physical abuse of southern slaves was rampant. S Carolina even wrote laws restricting discipline to whipping and chaining while seeing the need to expressly forbid burning, castrating and scalding. Torture implements were even devised specifically for use with American slaves. The references are plentiful and easy to find. I can't find one that doesn't make the statement that the cruelty was widespread. Perhaps you can link your novel thesis that these slaveholders were generally good to their property. While you're at it cite similar examples of such abuse on Apple employees

445am ? Up all night with the booger sugar ? Would explain things.

Arguing with Rhino is useless, his ignorance is only matched by his impulsiveness. He posts and defends professional conspiracy theorists, what else needs pointed out? I can't tell if he's insane, really stupid or has a deep maturity issue. You'll notice how not many defend his "logic" but just egg him on in. Now he's arguing slaves were well treated :doh:

Hey Tom, birddog is correct here, isn't he? Or do you agree with Greggy that since slaves were valuable like horses they were treated well. Heck, what human wouldn't work for free in return for a smile and thank you?

And slaves as a population were becoming less black as the years went on. Wonder why that was...

Hey Tom, birddog is correct here, isn't he? Or do you agree with Greggy that since slaves were valuable like horses they were treated well. Heck, what human wouldn't work for free in return for a smile and thank you?

And slaves as a population were becoming less black as the years went on. Wonder why that was...

Hmmm, why would you cede the role of judge to Tom?... Unless...