Bills or Jets...Who would you rather Be

plenzmd1

The biggest difference right now between these teams, the Jets are beating teams they are supposed to beat and the Bills are looking like jokes against the ones they should win. Try to justify/rationalize the wins all you want, they don't make the schedule, they are just doing what they have to do while the Bills are doing their best to take themselves out of it.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2016 Projected Cap

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2016/

2016 Free Agents (not part of the above 2016 Cap )

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/buffalo-bills/

some of the players who had key minutes which will need to signed or replaced:

Glenn, Incognito, Bradham, Bryant, Charles, Hogan, Mills, Rambo, Thigpen, Schmidt

That's so nice. Are they any threat to do any playoff damage?

You wouldn't give a nut to lose a playoff game?

Ah yes, Bills fan math. The only place where 6-7 is a better then 8-5

I would much rather be the better team who will be watching the playoffs from home rather then potentially playing in one.

I hate the Jets, but I'm not dumb enough to think that the Bills are a better team.even their future doesn't look that bright considering a once very good defence will have to be torn apart so that the defensive genius can rebuild it back to where it was when he got here.

Good lord. This^

thank you

1) Is the season over yet? 2) I am taking a longer view beyond this season. 3) It wouldn't shock me one bit if the Jets lose out.

1) don't fool yourself

2) what on earth are you encouraged about?

3) who cares. we suck and there's no reason to think we're on the verge of anything that resembles a competent, winning organization. It's a culture of losing and that's a fact.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the Bills beat the Jets in their one face-to-face match-up this year? In the Jets' house. In prime time.

The Jets also had the benefit of playing a 4th place schedule this year, which meant playing the Raiders (before they started playing well) and the Brown Stains as opposed to the Chiefs and Bengals as the Bills had to play. The Jets also did not have to deal with the mounting injuries like the Bills did. Imagine if Geno Smith had had to step in for a significant period of time as EJ did!

Timing was also not on the Bills side most weeks this year; they probably beat the Jags if they play them any other week this year, for example.

If the Jets lose to the Pats next week and then lose to us at home in Week 17, this will all be moot.

ahhhh yes. more excuses. Rex, is that you?

Statistically and record wise they're "good" because they have played a weak schedule.

you're better than this.

I would rather be at 8-5 than 6-7, but that is just me.

yep.

Meanwhile, many here twist themselves into knots trying to explain how our future is brighter and, worse yet, how we're somehow better than the Jets right now.

Quite simply, the Jets are better than Buffalo right now. Neither has a bright, sustainable future on the horizon.

Edited by billsoverdue

Until proven otherwise the Bills are the better and younger team so I'll take the Bills

So now the Jets are 9-5 and headed to the playoffs and Bills 6-8 and headed no where for 16 years straight with at least another 3 more before they build up enough to make a run. Where is this better? Because the talent on this team is no where near as good as you believe it to be

the Bills have serious Cap issues going forward. already projected 2016 at negative $2.5 mil without Glenn, Incognito & Gilmore signed to long term deals.

No, they don't

They've got cap issues, that's for sure. Whether or not they're "serious" depends on your definition. The light might not be blinking red, but it's bright yellow. They've got some real talent they are in very real danger of losing due to their cap situation - Glenn, Incognito, Rambo, etc. It's a manageable situation, but they've got to make real choices now. No more signing everyone they can and the strategy of overpaying for players like Clay is likely off the table.

Neither team likely has a long term solution at QB. The bills maybe have the slighter better flavor of mediocre at that position. The Bills don't have a cap problem per se. What they have is a problem of having way too much money tied up in Mario/Dareus/Hughes/McCoy/Clay. None of them are close to producing at a level to justify their pay. if all of those guys returned to 2014 form, then the Bills are better than the jets. If they play like this year then they are not better.

Great points correcting a false narrative about the Bills cap problems. Does anybody really think they haven't thought ahead and didn't expect to have issues to deal with, as do other teams.

So no front office ever makes mistakes? 16 straight years of no playoffs and you're assumption to an apparent problem is to assume the FO has everything covered? interesting way to go. I'll stick with what I see because the best way for an NFL team to dig themselves out of a tight cap situation is to draft well and I have little confidence in that.