Start Tanking Now!

Jobot

if you want to lose the next 3 games....just start EJ

He would be booed from the first snap to the last in Weeks 16 and 17.

Also, we'd be down by 35 on Sunday only to come all the way back and lose when Rex forgets where he put his red napkin after breakfast.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but brilliant owners like the owner of the Sabres do it and it is a great move. Of course the principled owner of the Bills would never consider doing it. All Hail the mighty Pegulas!

The sabres also dumped a ton of talent at the deadline and before - traded every goalie who came in and stopped pucks. traded their #1 defenseman for an INJURED forward. and STILL almost didnt finish in last. We're not even close to last place.

I did a little research on NFL team records in December and it looks like Teams that did well in December performed very well the following year regardless of their final record. Besides the usual suspects, Pittsburgh was 4-0 and so was Carolina and Dallas. Injuries derailed the Cowboys.

Detroit, Atlanta and NY Giants were all 3-1, so it may not all predict the future although Atlanta started 5-0 this year. Unfortunately, the 5 of 6 games on the road probably didn't help.

Truth.

However, I do believe that we should give some fliers a chance to play for roster spots next year. Once we're officially eliminated from contention, we should probably give EJ a start too. I've seen all I need to see from Taylor - unless we can get our hands on someone like Matt Stafford (which we won't) TT should be the starter next year with no "preseason battle".

Why give Manuel a start. He is not coming back. I think his option year is for like 9-10 million so there is noway the team is going to retain him for that price.

Not even kidding. This team needs to tank the rest of the way to aim for as high a draft pick as possible and it should start this week

The season is done. I now wish we had lost to Tennessee and the Jets as we'd be in much better drafting position.

ps wasn't it great when Marrone beat the Patriots 2nd string to improve his coaching record??

Tanking shouldn't be a problem for this organization. Unfortunately, we've never even been able to do that right unless we were "rebuilding" ala 2001. I see us going 7-9 or 8-8. Picking somewhere between 10th-15th. AGAIN...

Start Tanking? For who? For what?

^^This.

Rex Ryan started tanking in week two against the Patriots with his soft pass cover 10 yards off the line of scrimmage no pass rush defense.

Why the lack of a pass rush with three all pro's on the D line? I dunno, ask the head coach. 30th in sacks is beyond ridiculous.

Much more important for this team to look strong heading into the offseason than to lose games.

I think that you would even agree with this if the Bills did indeed turn it around and demolish Washington, Dallas and the Jets. Everyone could take some comfort that this team should be able to hit the ground running in 2016 after unfortunately taking the full 2015 season to settle into the new offense and defense.

The two guys who have the most riding on these last three games are Taylor and Thurman IMO. Taylor is going to be the starter next year, but will the FO feel the need to draft a QB early if he doesn't show improvement these next three games? Thurman is on seriously shaky ground because there's no way he can come back if the defense continues to play horrible.

Nope.

Meaningless games.

It's true. Contrary to popular TBD belief the season is not over. We have long odds and need help. But, we ARE still alive. Look it up.

Saving people the time of looking it up would've justified your caps lock. We need for:

Kansas City loses out.

Pittsburgh loses two of three games.

New York Jets lose two games (one of which would be to the Bills).

Oakland to lose one game.