Miller expected to start

Dragonborn10

This seems odd. To me I saw no appreciable difference with Urbik. If anything I thought Urbik was a better pass blocker.

Why put Miller on a bum ankle out there when his back-up is healthy, a veteran, and is nearly if not as good?

Makes no sense. Stick with Urbik for this game.

I fear I'm missing your point. If Miller checks out with the doctors and the coaches prefer him, why wouldn't he play?

I agree that Urbik is a little better in pass protection but Miller is better in Run blocking. He is also a rookie with a higher ceiling so i think thats why they made the move, plus like Big Blitz stated I also trust Kromer.

And this is a team that wants to run the ball more than it throws it. You get your best run blocker in and for me there is no doubt that is Miller.

The one thing I would say was I was really impressed going back and watching the all-22 with the communication and teamwork between Mills and Urbik last week and sometimes that is more important then getting your best 5 out there.

And this is a team that wants to run the ball more than it throws it. You get your best run blocker in and for me there is no doubt that is Miller.

The one thing I would say was I was really impressed going back and watching the all-22 with the communication and teamwork between Mills and Urbik last week and sometimes that is more important then getting your best 5 out there.

That makes a lot of sense to me. Should the team get behind in points, and need to throw more then put Urbik back in there.

Last week Mills looked to be head, and shoulders above anything I've seen from Henderson or Kounandjio. Hope he stays healthy.

Because we know more about each guys health than the team

And we know who is better right?

J/K

Anyone who has played O line or understands the game knows that those 5 guys play as one. Sometimes scheme changes to compensate for one parts weakness. I am not saying Miller is that much better than Urbik today, I am saying Miller has a much higher ceiling. The only way to have Miller reach his full potential is with pt. so if the docs say he is healthy and Miller thinks he can go, he plays.

Yeah, it is curious, but I will trust that the coaches know better than me.

I think the bigger mystery is Mills versus Henderson? It sure seems that Mills was more productive, but it was one game. I've read mixed reports on who would be starting, any word today?

Edited by CSBill

Yeah, it is curious, but I will trust that the coaches know better than me.

I think the bigger mystery is Mills versus Henderson? It sure seems that Mills was more productive, but it was one game. I've read mixed reports on who would be starting, any word today?

I hope there is something with Mills there. Got the Miller/Mills connection on the right side!

I wonder if things might have gone better early in the season if Kromer had been available....he missed the first 6 games on suspension. Just wondering, as the run game improved when he got back

How much of that credit should go to McCoy's return to health? I'm not taking anything away from Kromer, but that's a reality we have to recognize.

I wonder if things might have gone better early in the season if Kromer had been available....he missed the first 6 games on suspension. Just wondering, as the run game improved when he got back

Likely several layers of things coming together. Shades health the biggest.

Schematically some of the wrinkles may be kromer even (more karlos and shady together, for instance) ashes been both OC and also in New Orleans was the running game coordinator or some similar title.

He did a really dumb thing this summer but I'm glad he's back because he's a really good coach from all I can gather from a fans perspective

Edited by NoSaint

They were running the ball just fine with Urbik. One missed block on a key passing down could change the entire game. I'm not thrilled about this.

And one key block on a key running down could. You can disagree with the move but the post was weak.