Herm Edwards Rant Toward Mccoy and Murray

Protocal69

Herm's an animated guy. Terrible coach, but he actually makes a good point here.

He's upset that players aren't more professional and put their own egos ahead of the team.

Was Shady really unprofessional and egoistical?

Looking at the totality of Shady's behavior since coming here, I'd say no. But his remarks about Chip should have probably been saved for private conversations with friends and family.

Herm's right that players should think about their fellow players in the locker room before opening their mouths to the media. But Shady's case is far from the worst.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edwards made a complete fool of himself -nothing new. Show some stones, Hermmy and do what you said; Walk off the set.

Quick question: Who's more likely to be in the League next year, Shady or Chip?

That's his schtick. Rant and rave about something to make it seem bigger then it is.

Personally I have no issue with what Shady said and I watched the whole interview. He is (and has always been) a pretty candid and intelligent guy. He does not like Kelly, doesn't back off from what he said and doesn't want to be fake about it. He pretty much said that there is no reason to exchange pleasantries because we don't have a relationship like that.

I am sure that you have all moved on to new jobs and when you go back to your old place of work you are happier to see some than others. You have different levels of relationships with former co-workers, bosses, etc...

I have become a BIG fan of Shady. I always knew that he was good but had no idea how good until watching this year. He plays smart, hard, hurt and can play 3 downs. He is the EXACT type of guy that you want on your team. We are very, very fortunate to have him.

What an **** Herm Edwards comes across as. I guess he missed the three times Shady said its not about me. I just want to win. I don't want to get too hyped up and hurt my teammates. I don't care about the statistics.

I saw Herm go balistic....wondered if there had been another interview by McCoy where he got out of line.....but, no, Herm just decided to go off...not based on anything said by McCoy in the Media this week.

Lebretard brings sports radio into the 21st century - with all the political correctness, hyper-sensitivity, and sanctimony of the next generation.

I think that might be going too far, because he spoofs himself as a race baiting blowhard all the time.

He is no Sully though, who is of the 'current/past' generation, that's for sure!

ESPN's sole purpose in the sports world, at this point, is to make sure that controversy is always swirling. About 80% of their programming revolves around "this vs that" kind of "discussion". I get the essence of what Herm Edwards is saying, and I can't say that I completely disagree with him in essence...his "take" is that of an NFL coach. However, he is not an NFL coach anymore, and is taking money to be part of the exact machinery he professes to hate so much. For that, I have zero respect for him. What an ass.

Also, at this point, it is hard for me to get too riled up over something stupid an athlete may say. I think it is obvious, most of these guys are adults, only chronologically... they are paid for their physical skills, not their verbal skills. and nuanced thinking.

Shady is my man hundred grand. I have no problem with him expressing how he feels. These players aren't slaves. "Shut up and play"? Gtfoh. More fans need to just shut up and watch the games and stop telling players how they should behave.

I saw Herm go balistic....wondered if there had been another interview by McCoy where he got out of line.....but, no, Herm just decided to go off...not based on anything said by McCoy in the Media this week.

It sounded, to me, that this was his scripted reaction, and not a reaction to anything that McCoy actually said.

I don't need any further evidence that Herm Edwards is an idiot so won't bother reading his thoughts. I just came back from the gym where I watched the beginning of the ESPN show with Stephen Smith-Skip Bayless (with no sound of course) and read Smith's comments which were pretty spot on. Shady hasn't said or done anything that harms the Bills -- and that's what matters. Dude is bitter about his former coach trading him -- big deal. He's not the only former player who's been less than complimentary about Chip Kelly.

ESPN's sole purpose in the sports world, at this point, is to make sure that controversy is always swirling. About 80% of their programming revolves around "this vs that" kind of "discussion". I get the essence of what Herm Edwards is saying, and I can't say that I completely disagree with him in essence...his "take" is that of an NFL coach. However, he is not an NFL coach anymore, and is taking money to be part of the exact machinery he professes to hate so much. For that, I have zero respect for him. What an ass.

Also, at this point, it is hard for me to get too riled up over something stupid an athlete may say. I think it is obvious, most of these guys are adults, only chronologically... they are paid for their physical skills, not their verbal skills. and nuanced thinking.

What I took from that is his underlying frustration is the huge amount of time spent discussing and moralizing on what players say, instead of breaking down games. Throw in deflategate, Hardy, Rice, TO, etc I think he just had enough.

I think his anger at shady is more that if players would just not talk about that stuff, the media wouldn't have anything like that to talk about, and they would talk about the games.

He was about to walk off stage in protest, and I'm sorry but no way dude is getting that worked up about what one player said to the media. This is a much deeper issue for him, definitely wasn't what he signed up to discuss and hopefully this leads to some changes in how espn does things (it won't, but would be nice).

Love when he says he never did anything like that when he was a player, then he gets shut down with a "there was no constant media attention, internet, or interest in you at all as an individual player Herm" line. He's a fool. What Shady said was hilarious, and justified IMO. He said he's not shaking Chip's hand. Big deal. Chip traded him without even calling him first to tell him. Shady is perfectly justified to not want to shake his hand.

Just listened to this - sounds like he didn't listen to mccoy's comments at all or in full. So he made a fool out of himself to anyone who did know what he said, which completely contradicts what Herm said that he said. Lol. Guessing ESPN doesn't care and is appealing to the masses who didn't hear his comments. Par for the course.

Edited by YoloinOhio

What I took from that is his underlying frustration is the huge amount of time spent discussing and moralizing on what players say, instead of breaking down games. Throw in deflategate, Hardy, Rice, TO, etc I think he just had enough.

I think his anger at shady is more that if players would just not talk about that stuff, the media wouldn't have anything like that to talk about, and they would talk about the games.

He was about to walk off stage in protest, and I'm sorry but no way dude is getting that worked up about what one player said to the media. This is a much deeper issue for him, definitely wasn't what he signed up to discuss and hopefully this leads to some changes in how espn does things (it won't, but would be nice).

So people in the media don't have functioning brains and can't make decisions about what to talk about?

Herm Edwards is nothing but another 'look at me do my act' media douchebag.

Sophistry. I think too much of a big deal is being made of this, but McCoy certainly didn't have to say the crap he did about not shaking Kelly's hand. That is all about him regardless of whatever qualifiers he may add.

I don't care that much at all about this tempest in a teacup, but Edwards, blowhard that he is, is not wrong.

I really don't see how anyone can watch that entire interview and think Shady made it all about him. You just can't.

So people in the media don't have functioning brains and can't make decisions about what to talk about?

Herm Edwards is nothing but another 'look at me do my act' media douchebag.

They have production meetings where they choose the topics that will be discussed. Those choices are typically made by the show's producers, not the talent. Producers get their marching orders from the executives, so no he doesn't get to pick what he talks about.

Actually similar to coach/gm relationship. GM picks the players, and coach chooses how to use them. Sounds like Edwards is getting sick of his GM (producer) forcing players (topics) on him that don't match his scheme (desired discussion topics). Think he might even be thinking about it that way, because he said pretty much exactly that right before he really blew up.