If Chad Kelly declares... (Update - returning to Ole Miss)

YoloinOhio

Do you want the Bills to draft Chad Kelly?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. If Chad Kelly declares, do you want the Bills to draft him?

• Yes
    • No
    • He needs another year in college before I can decide

He was 99% returning before game, but apparently he's interested in the NFL now. He is losing his stud LT, his best WR & his stock is pretty high right now (2-4 rd) and might declare according to family and friends. He loves Freeze but might bolt IMO.

I would love to have him and Treadwell!

He's got some pretty talented other wr's and looks like they've got the number tackle recruit coming in but who knows if he'll even play. He needs another year and I think coming out would ruin him. Coming into Buf would be some serious pressure and if he screws up like he has in his past it could tarnish Kelly's rep. Rex would not be the coach to have if we were to draft him. We would need a real qb guru type coach like Mccarthy who rebuilt rodgers when he got to green bay. (read about the qb camp mccarthy had rodgers go through).

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suggest a rewrite of the poll options.

No.

Hell no.

Yes, in round 5

Yes, in round 6

Yes, in round 7

Sign as UDFA

I vote for no.

Nope. Even if he comes out this year, which he may or may not, he would go before the 5th round which is your best scenario.

This year: 298/458 65.1% 4042 yds 31 tds 13 ints Rushing: 107 atts 500 yds 4.7 avg 10 tds

Even if he's still a head case with those numbers get you drafted especially against the toughest competition(SEC).

If you all think he is around a 5th rd pick you don't have I high football IQ.

I think he's a better prospect than Cook (1st rounder). I watch a lot of college football & Goff and Lynch are the only two I think are better.

If you all think he is around a 5th rd pick you don't have I high football IQ.

I think he's a better prospect than Cook (1st rounder). I watch a lot of college football & Goff and Lynch are the only two I think are better.

I think he's a promising UDFA

I've seen quite a bit of Kelly in SEC territory (7 or 8 games). He has a big arm, is a lot more athletic than he gets credit for and is a gunslinger. He makes some mind numbing decisions but some huge plays. I don't see him coming out. He'd be an interesting prospect in the 3rd or so. I'm afraid that drafting the name "Kelly" would be a bad move for the Bills unless they are SURE that he is the guy (like Luck was). Otherwise there will be a bunch of Bills fans crying for him over every incompletion. There are still a small segment of Bills fans that believe EJ Manuel is the answer!! Can you imagine how delusional this fan base would be when it came to Swag Kelly?!?

On a side note, I am on record as being more than willing to use our first on Treadwell. I doubt that he makes it to us but he is a monster and will be a great pro. He is Dez Bryant 2.0 IMO (but better character).

Screw the fans, if he can play you take him

He was 99% returning before game, but apparently he's interested in the NFL now. He is losing his stud LT, his best WR & his stock is pretty high right now (2-4 rd) and might declare according to family and friends. He loves Freeze but might bolt IMO.

I would love to have him and Treadwell!

:thumbsup:

There's a little extra in it for the Bills to have a hometown kid…someone that won't bellyache about the nightclubs and fly home on his days off.

Those that think he's going to be stolen in the 6th or as a UDFA are forgetting the premium on the QB position. Kaepernick was projected 4th/5th and went in the 2nd. Russell Wilson projected 4th-6th, went in the 3rd. Ponder…Tanny-hill…Barkley….Garappolo , Locker...EJ etc.

If you think he's got pro potential, want the guy and he's there top of round 3, you have to trade up and get him. I don't think I could live with getting "Gronk'd" by Chad for 20 years should a divisional rival get him!!!!! (Jets, Fins and Pats could all use QB's of the future)

There's a little extra in it for the Bills to have a hometown kid…someone that won't bellyache about the nightclubs and fly home on his days off.

Those that think he's going to be stolen in the 6th or as a UDFA are forgetting the premium on the QB position. Kaepernick was projected 4th/5th and went in the 2nd. Russell Wilson projected 4th-6th, went in the 3rd. Ponder…Tanny-hill…Barkley….Garappolo , Locker...EJ etc.

If you think he's got pro potential, want the guy and he's there top of round 3, you have to trade up and get him. I don't think I could live with getting "Gronk'd" by Chad for 20 years should a divisional rival get him!!!!! (Jets, Fins and Pats could all use QB's of the future)

if he went to the Pats I'd friggin puke :sick::sick::sick:

He's a kid and kids make stupid mistakes. Just sayin...

Yea. There are stupid mistakes and then there's THOSE kinda mistakes. U wouldn't even see guys like Manziel making those kinda mistakes. There are things you don't do especially at that level and one of the top things is talking back to the coaches and flipping out on them on the sidelines. Pouting on the sidelines and btching about it. It shows lack of leadership, lack of discipline, lack of maturity, and lack of composure. ALL things I want in my QB.

Top five arm strength, great deep touch, very athletic & creative on the move.....yeah i wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. SMH

Sounds like a lot of QBs that have come out of college.

I'm sure if you saw Drew Brees and Tom Brady's scouting report outta college you woulda passed them up in a heartbeat.

Tom Brady, slow, average arm strength, average athleticisim, accurate, doesn't look the part. Wouldn't touch a guy like that with a ten foot pole. Give me a guy with great arm strength, athletic but lacks leadership.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

Yea. There are stupid mistakes and then there's THOSE kinda mistakes. U wouldn't even see guys like Manziel making those kinda mistakes. There are things you don't do especially at that level and one of the top things is talking back to the coaches and flipping out on them on the sidelines. Pouting on the sidelines and btching about it. It shows lack of leadership, lack of discipline, lack of maturity, and lack of composure. ALL things I want in my QB.

Sounds like a lot of QBs that have come out of college.

you mean from two yrs ago and he has been fine ever since?

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

you mean from two yrs ago and he has been fine ever since?

More like a year and a half ago and you act like that was such a long time ago. Keep him away.

If all you can see is the athleticism and big arm in a QB, then I feel sorry for you. The first thing i notice is leadership, accuracy, maturity, and intelligence. Big arm and athetlicism are just bonus traits. It's like a WR that's super tall and runs a 4.25 but can't read a defense and run routes. All flash and no substance. Some of the best QBs in the NFL don't necessarily have a "cannon" for an arm. They all are great leaders and mature for their age however. None which Chad possesses

...he beat Bama! I don't think with his size, athleticism, pedigree, arm strength and oh yeah, STATS IN THE SEC, he's gonna be an UDFA.

Weirdos here.

Stats in college are meaningless. Jamarcus Russell and Brady Quinn put up great numbers in college too. TONS of college QBs put up great numbers in college. He'll be drafted probably 2nd-4th round but keep him away from here.

I don't see a QB in this year's draft that really pops out but if we had to draft one, give me Kevin Hogan if he's available in the 5th or 6th round. If not, I'm OK without drafting a QB this year. This team has WAY too many needs right now to be drafting a mediocre QB to develop. OT, DE, LB, CB, S, WR should all be considered before we even think about drafting a developmental QB

More like a year and a half ago and you act like that was such a long time ago. Keep him away.

If all you can see is the athleticism and big arm in a QB, then I feel sorry for you. The first thing i notice is leadership, accuracy, maturity, and intelligence. Big arm and athetlicism are just bonus traits. It's like a WR that's super tall and runs a 4.25 but can't read a defense and run routes. All flash and no substance. Some of the best QBs in the NFL don't necessarily have a "cannon" for an arm. They all are great leaders and mature for their age however. None which Chad possesses

that's like ten yrs for college kids.

yeah you're with Chad every day and "NOW" he has no leadership qualities. I think his coach and teammates disagree.

Stats in college are meaningless. Jamarcus Russell and Brady Quinn put up great numbers in college too. TONS of college QBs put up great numbers in college. He'll be drafted probably 2nd-4th round but keep him away from here.

I don't see a QB in this year's draft that really pops out but if we had to draft one, give me Kevin Hogan if he's available in the 5th or 6th round. If not, I'm OK without drafting a QB this year. This team has WAY too many needs right now to be drafting a mediocre QB to develop. OT, DE, LB, CB, S, WR should all be considered before we even think about drafting a developmental QB

Hogan :lol:

That's the point BB what if he can't? Kelly certainty has a chance but he certainly comes with some risk. There is a lot more external pressure and risk with Kelly than Doughty (as an example).

then you move on just like we always do.

He will be fine here with the support of Jimbo.

I'm very mixed on Kelly. I've never had any experiences with him but trust me, there's a lot more instances than the ones that got reported. I really have met many people who have a lot of good things to say about him.

That said, he is young and probably very entitled. Hopefully, that was a wake up call and he did grow up. I know he isn't Exactly a rocket scientist and he has a douche factor. So physically, he's more than fine. But I worry about those other qualities a qb has.

He should go back to school for his senior year and continue to show growth. He easily could be a 1st rounder in 2016. That said, he might be the type of guy that is best served by being a later round pick.