Best/Worst Visiting Fan Experience

When going to watch the Bills on the road what cities have the best fans to tailgate with and have fun with? I've only been to two. New Orleans was awesome, the people were extra friendly, and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Houston twice, and their fans were just neutral. No trouble, but not even a lot of fun back and forth banter/trash talk.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kansas City and Green Bay both were awesome. I give the slight edge to Green Bay. I have been up there for Preseason games and 3 regular season games. A couple of those regular season games were in December. I cannot ever remember being so drunk, and yet so cold at the same time. Fans are excellent in both cities and the tailgating is top notch as well.

i have not gone to the "linc" as it is known , here in philly, but i am going to go out on a limb and say it would probably rank as one of the worst, if not , thee worst. this is based on the various reports of fans of the visiting teams getting the crap kicked out of them. i know it has happened at the baseball park where NY Met fans regularly get in fights and i think it would be a safe assumption that a fan of the visiting team at an eagles game would not have a "pleasant" experience.

Edited by dwight in philly

Atlanta was bland.

Charlotte slightly less so.

Denver didn't impress me at all. Fans did not seem particularly knowledgeable about football.

I look forward to one day checking out KC or Green Bay, I hear great things.

I'm not a big tailgater, I've been to these:

Houston - Pretty cool pre game experience with a country rock band playing the parking lot. Everyone was cool. Lady in front of was gloating during the game until Blue Dredsloe got us the lead at the end for the win. Then she got persnicketty.

New Orleans - People were very cool and welcoming. Of course the Saints sucked then so they couldn't really say too much.

Seattle - In 2004 it was pretty tame. Now, probably no so much. The bandwagon fans are horrible. Opposing fans have been beat up. Cops even had under cover cops in 49er jerseys to catch punks last year.

Dallas - It was pre season a long time ago and I was not yet a Bills fan but my future wife was. We tailgated with my cousins and brothers so it was pretty cool. My drunk cigar smoking cousin did start trash talking to her after the game though.

I've been to Miami 5 times. Each time I am amazed at the lack of security during the game. Arguments, escalating into shoving, escalating into fights...and NO security to be found anywhere.

Not sure how they get away with this when big brother(the NFL) is always watching.

I've actually had fun at 2 Patriots games at Gillette. A lot of Bills fans in New England. The worst is getting out of Foxboro on US 1. You need to stay extra long after games.

I've only been to one game, yes, one. This year was my first game. I went to Gillette and there were a lot of fellow Bills fans there. I had a great experience. The fans were great and didn't mind that I was a Bills fan. I talked to Bills fans and Pats fans alike. All were nice, friendly and pleasant. In fact, a group of pats fans (with one Bills fan in their group) next to us tailgating actually offer some food. Great tasting steak tips I must say.

I was a little apprehensive at first, but in talking with the fans there were no problems at all. And, you're right about the traffic. My group stayed in the lot late because of traffic. Ha, we actually got kicked out of the parking lot because it was closing we stayed so late after the game! It really was a great experience...would have been better with a Bills win, but the they did play one hell of a game!