Gilmore Injury Updates: Placed on IR

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An Injury Proned CB who needs to learn how to tackle is not worth $10mil/year.

Lets save cap and let him walk...Unless its at a deep discount.

He has had only one complete season since coming into this league.

Imo

Seems like his lack of INT numbers helps discount him a little, the only way they can afford to let him go I the wrecks defense is if they draft or sign someone better.

Seems like his lack of INT numbers helps discount him a little, the only way they can afford to let him go I the wrecks defense is if they draft or sign someone better.

they would never let him walk IMO. He's a guy they drafted and developed, and is a phenomenal fit for the current scheme. Locking him in is a no-brainer.

An Injury Proned CB who needs to learn how to tackle is not worth $10mil/year.

Lets save cap and let him walk...Unless its at a deep discount.

He has had only one complete season since coming into this league.

Imo

A minor question : who do you replace him with?

You know who actually tackles very well? R. Darby

Darby> Gilmore in all aspects of the game, including hair

you went there! (The hair)

Gilmore has more size. This is advantageous vs the bigger WRs. That said, Darby deals with the size disadvantage better than I anticipated. His growth curve has been more accelerated than Gilmore's. However, he attributes that to Gilmore's leadership and mentorship.

Keeping these two together should be a priority with this scheme.

you went there! (The hair)

Gilmore has more size. This is advantageous vs the bigger WRs. That said, Darby deals with the size disadvantage better than I anticipated. His growth curve has been more accelerated than Gilmore's. However, he attributes that to Gilmore's leadership and mentorship.

Keeping these two together should be a priority with this scheme.

Like Ham and Eggs.

The critics of Gilmore don't watch much football, it seems. He's a top-shelf corner. I doubt he's here next year because I don't think the Bills will franchise him. Too many decent teams on the cusp are desperate for corners and they'll spend a lot. Dallas, the Giants, Washington, Atlanta, Oakland, Baltimore, Chicago -- the list is long.

The critics of Gilmore don't watch much football, it seems. He's a top-shelf corner. I doubt he's here next year because I don't think the Bills will franchise him. Too many decent teams on the cusp are desperate for corners and they'll spend a lot. Dallas, the Giants, Washington, Atlanta, Oakland, Baltimore, Chicago -- the list is long.

he isn't a FA. They could (should) extend him next year though so he doesn't become one. Edited by YoloinOhio

he isn't a FA. They could (should) extend him next year though so he doesn't become one.

Wait - i thought he was? What is his status?

he isn't a FA. They could (should) extend him next year though so he doesn't become one.

Whoops - his number goes up to $11 million from ~$2 million. I knew there was something.

Wait - i thought he was? What is his status?

He is signed through 2016. Bills picked up his 5th year option this past May. 11m cap hit for 2016, FA in 2017 if don't extend him prior. Same pattern as Dareus... I'd be shocked if they didn't extend him prior to the 2016 season, which would not only lock him up but they can lower the 2016 cap # Edited by YoloinOhio

Why would any free agent want to stay in or come to Buffalo? Nearly anywhere except Cleveland and Jacksonville would be better from a football standpoint, assuming money being equal. Gilmore is an excellent corner, and I agree, the only way he stays is if the Bills franchise or transition him.

Why would any free agent want to stay in or come to Buffalo? Nearly anywhere except Cleveland and Jacksonville would be better from a football standpoint, assuming money being equal. Gilmore is an excellent corner, and I agree, the only way he stays is if the Bills franchise or transition him.

because he's in the best system to utilize his playing style? And the team is actually doing pretty well despite probably narrowly missing the playoffs. Why wouldn't he stay? Edited by YoloinOhio