Blood is on the NRA's hands

LA Grant

"They" had better make sure they've found all the guns first ; - )

They don't need to take the guns. They've already managed to undermine the intent of our representative democracy to a point where the government now treats its citizens as a threat that must be constantly monitored in order to protect itself. Over the past 14 years the 1st and 4th amendments have been nearly obliterated by fiat and social conditioning (fear is a very, very powerful motivator). Our manufacturing base has been gutted and outsourced, assuring that the middle class is on borrowed time in America while simultaneously reducing the likelihood of any meaningful civil unrest (people have less time to worry about the ways their freedoms are being infringed when they're worried about where the next paycheck is coming from). And the propaganda machine otherwise known as the media is making sure everyone keeps fighting with everyone else rather than looking at the big picture.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ladies and Gentlemen................the Governor of the Constitution State

:doh:

Wait, am I reading that correctly? If we close the loophole that allows people on a watch list to be denied firearms permits that means they will be able to get firearms permits? :huh:

Wait, am I reading that correctly? If we close the loophole that allows people on a watch list to be denied firearms permits that means they will be able to get firearms permits? :huh:

No.

He did say "and" allow them to be denied.

Of course, due process for his constituents be damned, Connecticut is going broke and he needs to be seen doing something.

No.

He did say "and" allow them to be denied.

Of course, due process for his constituents be damned, Connecticut is going broke and he needs to be seen doing something.

Ok got it.

The other part is just plaid !@#$ing stupid. He's not even talking no-fly list. He's talking watch list. What the !@#$ is that??

Ok got it.

The other part is just plaid !@#$ing stupid. He's not even talking no-fly list. He's talking watch list. What the !@#$ is that??

Probably the terrorism watch list, which makes more sense than the !@#$ing no-fly list.

So what you think are the top 5 issues must certainly be the top 5 issues for everybody.

Thank you for providing a fine example of the single-minded, self-interest of both sides to which I was referring.. :thumbsup:

When it comes to failing to recognize that the partisan idiocy on the right is equally as stupid as it is on the left, you are either the bronze, silver, gold or platinum winner in this forum.

Are you really surprised that partisan fools don't recognize their own tomfoolery?

Because that in itself would be a surprise to me.

Thanks for moving the goalposts and changing the wind direction mid-kick. My comments were directed at your statement intimating that we conservatives marched in unison much like the libs do. The fringes from both political spectrums can be bat schit crazy but anyone would be hard pressed to not see that the left pretty much marches lockstep with whatever they are told to think by their party while the right disagrees with itself all the time.

anyone would be hard pressed to not see that the left pretty much marches lockstep with whatever they are told to think by their party while the right disagrees with itself all the time.

Hoooray, my team is awesome and the other team sucks!

Sorry, but I think that your partisan cheerleading is completely divorced from reality.

They don't have to take it from you, they simply have to criminalize ownership.

I think there's too many people with too strong a belief in American freedoms and independence to allow something that extreme to happen in my lifetime.

For gawd;s sake, they can't even get more thorough background checks passed and you're worried they're going to suddenly be able to toss the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution?

Sorry, but I think that your partisan cheerleading is completely divorced from reality.

He's not entirely without a point. The Democratic Party used to be more accepting of diverse viewpoints, but over the past 20 years they seem to have become much more inflexible and doctrinaire.

Discounting the true extremists on either side, the Republicans overall seem to be less intolerant of dissent than the Democrats. Of course, you can't ignore the true extremists...and when you consider them, both parties are absolutely batshit crazy.

He's not entirely without a point. The Democratic Party used to be more accepting of diverse viewpoints, but over the past 20 years they seem to have become much more inflexible and doctrinaire.

Discounting the true extremists on either side, the Republicans overall seem to be less intolerant of dissent than the Democrats. Of course, you can't ignore the true extremists...and when you consider them, both parties are absolutely batshit crazy.

I agree that relatively speaking the Dems have become much more like the Republican party over that time frame. But from an objective viewpoint, I don't think one doctrine is any more rigid than the other. I just see them as two sides of the same rigid coin.

I see it here at PPP all the time. Conservatives disagree here a lot while libs never argue with each other. Conservatives have differing opinions on abortion, gay marriage, climate change, fiscal responsibility, immigration, education, NSA and even the Trayvon Martin shooting. It's a rarity for a liberal to have any disagreement on those issues. You would know that if you had been a regular here though. Instead you come here to take pot shots based on what I assume are comments made by some wussy libs who were run off here because their arguments couldn't stand up.

I see it here at PPP all the time. Conservatives disagree here a lot while libs never argue with each other. Conservatives have differing opinions on abortion, gay marriage, climate change, fiscal responsibility, immigration, education, NSA and even the Trayvon Martin shooting. It's a rarity for a liberal to have any disagreement on those issues. You would know that if you had been a regular here though. Instead you come here to take pot shots based on what I assume are comments made by some wussy libs who were run off here because their arguments couldn't stand up.

Your assumptions are up to their usual standards......

I think there's too many people with too strong a belief in American freedoms and independence to allow something that extreme to happen in my lifetime.

For gawd;s sake, they can't even get more thorough background checks passed and you're worried they're going to suddenly be able to toss the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution?

I take it you haven't been reading what the polite society has been writing?

But from an objective viewpoint, I don't think one doctrine is any more rigid than the other. I just see them as two sides of the same rigid coin.

You see them that way because it's the reality of the situation. Democrats nor Republicans nor the American people control the government. Neither do senators, congressmen, presidents or the Supreme Court justices. Special interests control the entire game now. Money has washed away any real party differences and any real chance for change stemming from an upset populace.

Big monied special interests are far more interested in us continuing to fight against each other that they are having us turn our focus towards them.

Your assumptions are up to their usual standards......

So far all I've seen you say is that the right is bad and the left is bad. That's what you came to a political forum for? It's not mandatory that you throw around insults here but having some substance to your comments would be a good thing.

You see them that way because it's the reality of the situation. Democrats nor Republicans nor the American people control the government. Neither do senators, congressmen, presidents or the Supreme Court justices. Special interests control the entire game now. Money has washed away any real party differences and any real chance for change stemming from an upset populace.

Big monied special interests are far more interested in us continuing to fight against each other that they are having us turn our focus towards them.

It's like a bad penitentiary film isn't it ? - )

So far all I've seen you say is that the right is bad and the left is bad. That's what you came to a political forum for? It's not mandatory that you throw around insults here but having some substance to your comments would be a good thing.

Anybody who would need me to add substance to the simple declaration that people who blindly follow their political masters are problematic is likely a person who blindly follows their political masters.

There isn't anything more substantive than pointing out the standard hypocrisy of the partisans. It's the very road that led us to this place. Your masters actually count on you arguing over stupid **** like abortion and gay marriage so they can continue robbing the store.