Who else is still pissed off!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people had unrealisticly high expectations for this season. You certainly were one of them. Use it as a learning experience. When the Bills (or any other team you root for) make a move think about how you'd feel if the Jets or Chiefs or Cardinals had been in the Bills' situation and had done that same thing. Ditto when you predict how a Bills team will perform in any given season. Imagine that they are any team you have neutral thoughts about and what you'd think of them. Just don't use a team that you have an emotional or legitimate bias for or against like the Pats or Browns.

It really puts some moves into perspective. Signing Harvin mot not look so good if you're just looking at the best case scenario because he's a Bill and you need another good wide receiver. If he had become a Jet would you have been laughing at the impending implosion? If so, probably not a great move. You won't always be right, but you'll be right a lot more often.

Personally, I'm a little disappointed in the Bills this season. I expected them to sneak into the playoffs but not go anywhere. I was looking for a step in the right direction. I honestly don't think I got it though. The Bills made a lot of offseason moves, spent a lot of cap space and they got a presumably better coach (as well as owner), but they don't look much better overall. Still, it was Ryan's first year. Maybe improvements will come as the team gets used to their new schemes. The learning curve often gets overlooked when a new staff comes in. But moving forward I do worry about finding a franchise QB, the OL (the two best are Glenn and Incognito who are FAs), adding a quality WR across from Sammy and the cap situation. I really hope that next year's roster looks better than this year's, but I'm not sure that it will. But I'll reserve judgment until I see what transpires.

Sound off merry gentlemen. Who else here is still pissed off at this team a day later. Most Bills defeats go away by the end of Sunday, at least by Monday night, but here it is Tuesday night and I'm still feeling this one.

Maybe it's because I am getting old and have been a fan over 40 years and it's finally starting to wear thin.

Every year I drink the f'kin kool aide like it's water in a desert. But this year felt different. I really thought Rex would improve a good team that Marrone couldn't take to the promised land.

Granted Marrone had his shortcomings and his offense was horrific for a better part of his tenure, but damn this defense was really good last year.

I never would have believed Rex with his pedigree and experience would f'k it up so bad that teams would run on us at will and that we couldn't bring the heat when needed.

I honestly thought Shady, Williams, Harvin, Clay, and Sammy would make a difference and that adequate QB play would get us 11-12 wins. The truly sad part is that we have the talent to win out and go 10-6 and make the playoffs, but that probably won't happen.

I can see Houston sucking the life out of this team and a loss to Washington. If the Jets are on a roll, the Bills will lay down and finish 7-9.

Will that get Rex fired. Damn well should. Then we get to do this **** all over again next year. What really sucks is that my sadistic Bills blood will still sit through another year of **** football.

Sound off merry gentlemen. Who else here is still pissed off at this team a day later. Most Bills defeats go away by the end of Sunday, at least by Monday night, but here it is Tuesday night and I'm still feeling this one.

Maybe it's because I am getting old and have been a fan over 40 years and it's finally starting to wear thin.

Every year I drink the f'kin kool aide like it's water in a desert. But this year felt different. I really thought Rex would improve a good team that Marrone couldn't take to the promised land.

Granted Marrone had his shortcomings and his offense was horrific for a better part of his tenure, but damn this defense was really good last year.

I never would have believed Rex with his pedigree and experience would f'k it up so bad that teams would run on us at will and that we couldn't bring the heat when needed.

I honestly thought Shady, Williams, Harvin, Clay, and Sammy would make a difference and that adequate QB play would get us 11-12 wins. The truly sad part is that we have the talent to win out and go 10-6 and make the playoffs, but that probably won't happen.

I can see Houston sucking the life out of this team and a loss to Washington. If the Jets are on a roll, the Bills will lay down and finish 7-9.

Will that get Rex fired. Damn well should. Then we get to do this **** all over again next year. What really sucks is that my sadistic Bills blood will still sit through another year of **** football.

Was over it when the clock hit 0.00, why do this to yourself?

I am just curious as to how I feel when they are officially out (probably this Sunday). Most of the anger has been let go since the devastating KC loss. The bottom line is......this team is 5-6 and keeps losing to teams that they should have beat. They are not good enough right now and all we can hope for is reinforcements on the oline and LB during the offseason. Oline, LB and QB should be the only positions they target in FA and draft. This team CANNOT win 5 in a row so accepting their fate sooner than later is the wise choice. You just know they'll end up beating Houston and losing to a terrible team soon after.

Not pissed cause I'm used to this. After 16 years of no playoffs(this years miss is a foregone conclusion)this, pathetically, is what I've come to expect. They miss next year also because the same below average coaching staff will be back. As much as the offense has gotten better the defense is a joke. How do you turn the fourth ranked unit from last year into this? At least the Sabres are showing some promise.

I'm addicted to Bills' wins - love the in-game success, love reading their stats, love reading the losing teams' interviews and newspaper articles - I'm addicted to it all and love the high. But, I've been in rehab for 16 years straight now and I don't know if I'll ever get back on the street and catch a buzz again.

My Bills fanaticism is rapidly wearing off, finally. I find it better mentally to let it go. Seriously. Last Monday night, I went up to bed at halftime and watched the history channel. I was certain they would lose so I decided against wasting the time and energy and emotion. I never clicked over once and didn't check until the morning. And you know what? I was fine, I didn't watch it, so it didn't grate on me. I posted in a thread this past week they'd lose to a game-manager and back-up running back a la the last game of the 2004 season when Tommy Maddox and Willie Parker and the rest of the backup Steelers came to town and owned this team in a game that could have put them in the playoffs (if I recall correctly).

I guess it's the long streak of futility coupled with a league I just can't stand. I can't stand the owners, I can't stand the greed, I can't stand the attempt at world domination and putting a team in London, I can't stand the constant threats by billionaires to move teams when local governments won't cough up public funds to support private profit, I can't stand the Greg Hardy's of the league, I can't stand what was 3 hours of my Sunday being extended to 3.5 to jam more commercials down my throat, I can't stand the constant rule changes and the disregard for the league's history and legacy (the PAT rule is a joke).... and on and on.

I'm a season ticket holder and I can't stand meaningless December games. I cobbled all my money together from my summer job during the super bowl years to afford season tickets... when I was a senior in high school. And I'm not wasting 8 hours Sunday going. I'm trying to sell my seats to some of the guys around me or more likely have to take a loss on Craigslist. Bill Burr talked about letting go of religion being like letting go of the stone in curling.... you slowly release it and watch it go away. I'm getting there with the Bills and the NFL. Put a dome stadium here, I'm out. It'll suddenly turn into a Sabres game with high priced seats that cater to the wealthy who won't sit outside. That'll be it if it doesn't happen sooner.

I agree with everything that you said. I also have been feeling this way after being a loyal Bills fan for over 35 years and have been saying a lot of what you mentioned above. I still get the Sunday Ticket and watch the games with my son, but it's just not the same anymore. Have really lost my passion due to the Bills ineptness over the past 16 years coupled with the overall NFL approach as well as the lowlife players. Hang in there.....

I've been a Bills fan for 52 years and come to expect perennial losers. The Superbowl years were an aberration my friends. I've watched the winning teams of the 60's with Lou Saban, then watched him leave because he got into an argument with Ralph. I watched O.J. run all over the field, but the team never made the playoffs. I suffered through the Dolphins humiliating the Bills for decades and then Chuck Knox beating them once. The Bills are just down right terrible. Coaches come and go, but the Bills still lose.

Perhaps if McKinley had died in some other town, the Bills might win. Nearly everyone on here was thrilled with hiring Rex; I wanted to puke. He did the same thing to Buffalo that he did to NY...lose. In past years, we turned down what are now winning coaches for more losers. Perhaps Donald Trump was right, it was better to run for president than buy the Bills.

Pissed off? Certainly not. As much as I enjoy rooting for the Bills as a life long fan, there's no way I'll let the team's successes or failures consume my life to the point of anger that I walk around with.

The link is twelve minutes long but all you have to listen to is a couple of minutes before walking away and saying WTF!

I'm over the KC game, I'm over the previous losses....I'm over this season.

What I'm pissed about is that for the next few years, Rex Ryan is going to be the coach. He creates an undisciplined atmosphere.

This video is spot on. There is some hyperbole, but the core points he makes are accurate.

Sorry, man, but I'm numb to the pain anymore. This team's broken my heart and let me down in so many innovative ways since I became a fan in 1988 that it truly does not phase me anymore.

I feel the same way. I have been a fan since the very first season and at almost 61 years old, I have survived rheumatic fever, two heart attacks and tonsil cancer. The Bills games are for entertainment and I absolutely expect nothing from them anymore. When they lose it is not a surprise and when they win, it's just a bonus. Too many years and too many life experiences have numbed me to any form of disappointment in the team. I just tune in every week and hope for the best.

I am just curious as to how I feel when they are officially out (probably this Sunday). Most of the anger has been let go since the devastating KC loss. The bottom line is......this team is 5-6 and keeps losing to teams that they should have beat. They are not good enough right now and all we can hope for is reinforcements on the oline and LB during the offseason. Oline, LB and QB should be the only positions they target in FA and draft. This team CANNOT win 5 in a row so accepting their fate sooner than later is the wise choice. You just know they'll end up beating Houston and losing to a terrible team soon after.

Getting a FA top-flight MLB would go a long way to retrieving this defense. Someone who can make others around them better and be a real leader on D.

The only football game in the last 15 years that's pissed me off enough to still be upset two days later was last year's Super Bowl.

'91 Super Bowl for me. Never should have gotten to the FG attempt. That 3rd and 13 conversion is still etched in my brain.

I've been a Bills fan for 52 years and come to expect perennial losers. The Superbowl years were an aberration my friends. I've watched the winning teams of the 60's with Lou Saban, then watched him leave because he got into an argument with Ralph. I watched O.J. run all over the field, but the team never made the playoffs. I suffered through the Dolphins humiliating the Bills for decades and then Chuck Knox beating them once. The Bills are just down right terrible. Coaches come and go, but the Bills still lose.

Perhaps if McKinley had died in some other town, the Bills might win. Nearly everyone on here was thrilled with hiring Rex; I wanted to puke. He did the same thing to Buffalo that he did to NY...lose. In past years, we turned down what are now winning coaches for more losers. Perhaps Donald Trump was right, it was better to run for president than buy the Bills.

I have to disagree on the "aberration". The team had a good run in the mid-60s, two AFL championships sandwiched in the middle of 2 playoff years. You know, "lookie lookie here comes Cookie"? A couple good years in the mid '70s with the Juice and yes, they did make the divisional round of the playoffs, anyway. A couple good years in the early 80s with Cribbs and Ferguson and yes, again, playoffs. Then there was that blissful 10 year run from 88-99 where we were perennial contenders.

The last 15 years have been markedly worse for the Bills in the overall talent department because we've been perennially mediocre, which makes it hard to pull in the talent through draft (drafting late) or FA (no one wants to play for a loser). I felt this year was different because we've been steadily building talent, have new ownership, and have a guy who seemed determined to prove "I am not a mediocre football coach".

So yeah, I'm disappointed.

Edited by Hopeful