softy sammy still cant do the job

enlightener

so after having my post locked and a bunch of people who cant read knock my post because watkins went for 150 yards and 2 tds, the fact remains Watkins Plays soft.

Lets see, i noticed (after getting 9 targets) sammy let 3 balls go through his hands.

Yes he caught a couple deep balls, but on one he stupidly stopped to push the db out of bounds with the endzone 10 yards away and no one left to stop him.

ANother he dropped down as the safety arrived rather than fight for yards.

The two tds he caught he dropped down on a PERFECTLY thrown pass to his hands in basket catch position. This wasnt a 50/50 ball. it was perfect and the two announcers used that word themselves to describe that pass.

He dropped the second deep ball his way which passed through both hands for no reason...except the safety was coming over. He had 3 misses like this against NE but one got called for PI, he ADMITTED after the game that the coaches told him "you gotta go back for those" he ADMITTED doing it on the third deep ball. but my question is...shouldnt an nfl starter know how to play football by now? He had to learn in his 25th nfl game how to go back and fight for a ball?

The only play that sammy made that remotely resembled a 50/50 ball was the second td. What bothers me is that he didnt turn to high point it, but instead found a way to basket catch it above the DB. it was pretty, but far from out-muscling the other guy. Sammy just wont turn and put his hands toward the ball. He tries to catch everything facing downfield.

And he drops down like a baby after every catch.... unless hes already in the endzone.

FInally, the second half tyrod threw an important 3rd down pass his way on a crossing pattern. Sammy had to turn and face tyrod, and with a db coming in from the middle, the ball passed right through both hands again. That was his only target the second half, but shouldnt the fourth pick in the draft be able to catch a fast ball when the games on the line? not sammy, He came up small when the game got close....that or the safety.

If you dont agree, sorry your wrong the highlights and replays are there to see the evidence along with countless stories last year about how he underperformed, even a couple criticizing his "out of frame" catching skills.

So you are going to knit pick the performance of easily the best player on the Bills offense and the absolute least thing wrong with the team? Go ahead. Watkins is a tremendously talented WR but he will never do any impersonations of Brandon Marshall out there. He's not built like that guy. He doesn't need to play like him to be a dangerous weapon that can torch other teams as yesterday showed. The biggest problem the Bills had was not getting him the ball in the second half. That was criminally negligent. But I get it, Watkins doesn't play a style that you like. You'll be waiting a long time if you think he's just going to outmuscle guys a la megatron. That will never be his game. Kind of like expecting McCoy to be a between the tackles banger. He may be averse to taking a kill shot, but what would it prove? He's battled enough injuries and is far more valuable to this team when he's healthy. I get that he's not going to catch every ball. He did plenty of damage with his catches. What did you want, 250 yards in a half? Tyrod could get a bit better at putting the ball in front of Watkins as he is going to beat most coverage.

The two tds he caught he dropped down on a PERFECTLY thrown pass to his hands in basket catch position.

What bothers me is that he didnt turn to high point it, but instead found a way to basket catch it above the DB.

If you dont agree, sorry your wrong

I too despise those "basketcatches". We must stop scoring tds this way !

so after having my post locked and a bunch of people who cant read knock my post because watkins went for 150 yards and 2 tds, the fact remains Watkins Plays soft.

Lets see, i noticed (after getting 9 targets) sammy let 3 balls go through his hands.

Yes he caught a couple deep balls, but on one he stupidly stopped to push the db out of bounds with the endzone 10 yards away and no one left to stop him.

ANother he dropped down as the safety arrived rather than fight for yards.

The two tds he caught he dropped down on a PERFECTLY thrown pass to his hands in basket catch position. This wasnt a 50/50 ball. it was perfect and the two announcers used that word themselves to describe that pass.

He dropped the second deep ball his way which passed through both hands for no reason...except the safety was coming over. He had 3 misses like this against NE but one got called for PI, he ADMITTED after the game that the coaches told him "you gotta go back for those" he ADMITTED doing it on the third deep ball. but my question is...shouldnt an nfl starter know how to play football by now? He had to learn in his 25th nfl game how to go back and fight for a ball?

The only play that sammy made that remotely resembled a 50/50 ball was the second td. What bothers me is that he didnt turn to high point it, but instead found a way to basket catch it above the DB. it was pretty, but far from out-muscling the other guy. Sammy just wont turn and put his hands toward the ball. He tries to catch everything facing downfield.

And he drops down like a baby after every catch.... unless hes already in the endzone.

FInally, the second half tyrod threw an important 3rd down pass his way on a crossing pattern. Sammy had to turn and face tyrod, and with a db coming in from the middle, the ball passed right through both hands again. That was his only target the second half, but shouldnt the fourth pick in the draft be able to catch a fast ball when the games on the line? not sammy, He came up small when the game got close....that or the safety.

If you dont agree, sorry your wrong the highlights and replays are there to see the evidence along with countless stories last year about how he underperformed, even a couple criticizing his "out of frame" catching skills.

see what sniffing glue can do to one's brain cells ?

Not only did he come back, but he doubled down with a new post. :lol:

Sammy had 6 targets in the New England game. 3 catches. So since I have looked at each target recently let's focus on the 3 "drops".

1 was uncatchable 10 yards out of bounds.

1 he didn't "fight back for"

1 he did fight back for and got the PI

So 3 misses in New England?

Take a step back and realize you are being ridiculous.

Edited by What a Tuel

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Are you not enlightened? :rolleyes: