softy sammy still cant do the job

enlightener

so after having my post locked and a bunch of people who cant read knock my post because watkins went for 150 yards and 2 tds, the fact remains Watkins Plays soft.

Lets see, i noticed (after getting 9 targets) sammy let 3 balls go through his hands.

Yes he caught a couple deep balls, but on one he stupidly stopped to push the db out of bounds with the endzone 10 yards away and no one left to stop him.

ANother he dropped down as the safety arrived rather than fight for yards.

The two tds he caught he dropped down on a PERFECTLY thrown pass to his hands in basket catch position. This wasnt a 50/50 ball. it was perfect and the two announcers used that word themselves to describe that pass.

He dropped the second deep ball his way which passed through both hands for no reason...except the safety was coming over. He had 3 misses like this against NE but one got called for PI, he ADMITTED after the game that the coaches told him "you gotta go back for those" he ADMITTED doing it on the third deep ball. but my question is...shouldnt an nfl starter know how to play football by now? He had to learn in his 25th nfl game how to go back and fight for a ball?

The only play that sammy made that remotely resembled a 50/50 ball was the second td. What bothers me is that he didnt turn to high point it, but instead found a way to basket catch it above the DB. it was pretty, but far from out-muscling the other guy. Sammy just wont turn and put his hands toward the ball. He tries to catch everything facing downfield.

And he drops down like a baby after every catch.... unless hes already in the endzone.

FInally, the second half tyrod threw an important 3rd down pass his way on a crossing pattern. Sammy had to turn and face tyrod, and with a db coming in from the middle, the ball passed right through both hands again. That was his only target the second half, but shouldnt the fourth pick in the draft be able to catch a fast ball when the games on the line? not sammy, He came up small when the game got close....that or the safety.

If you dont agree, sorry your wrong the highlights and replays are there to see the evidence along with countless stories last year about how he underperformed, even a couple criticizing his "out of frame" catching skills.

Shakespeare's cowardly Falstaff would find fault with your assertion that caution must be thrown to the wind in the pursuit of glory. In Henry IV, his glutenous coward feigns his death on the battlefield in order to escape with his life - while uttering that "the better part of valor, is discretion". In time this unseemly rationalization transformed into the more recognizable, and more acceptable, "discretion is the better part of valor". a less romantic, and far more pragmatic point of view in approaching life's battles.

i won't fault Watkins for protecting himself against the same type of rib injury that has already sidelined him for too many games in his young career.

I much prefer he suits up each week, and forces opposing DCs to choose 'discretion' in how they defend his considerable talents.

Shakespeare's cowardly Falstaff would find fault with your assertion that caution must be thrown to the wind in the pursuit of glory. In Henry IV, his glutenous coward feigns his death on the battlefield in order to escape with his life - while uttering that "the better part of valor, is discretion". In time this unseemly rationalization transformed into the more recognizable, and more acceptable, "discretion is the better part of valor". a less romantic, and far more pragmatic point of view in approaching life's battles.

i won't fault Watkins for protecting himself against the same type of rib injury that has already sidelined him for too many games in his young career.

I much prefer he suits up each week, and forces opposing DCs to choose 'discretion' in how they defend his considerable talents.

Methinks Enlightener needs a translation from your Shakespearean allegory