Now that this season is done, what's left for optimisim?

Virgil

The teams ahead in the race for the 2 wild cards... Oakland has the toughest schedule: KC, at Broncos, at Packers. If Pittsburgh loses today, they play Colts, at Bengals and Broncos. Houston is at Bills, Patriots and at Colts. NY Jets at Giants and end season with Patriots and at Bills. Each team has 3 games they can lose. There is always hope. Chances of pulling this off and making the playoffs are very slim.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The teams ahead in the race for the 2 wild cards... Oakland has the toughest schedule: KC, at Broncos, at Packers. If Pittsburgh loses today, they play Colts, at Bengals and Broncos. Houston is at Bills, Patriots and at Colts. NY Jets at Giants and end season with Patriots and at Bills. Each team has 3 games they can lose. There is always hope. Chances of pulling this off and making the playoffs are very slim.

What do you possibly see from this team to believe they can win 4 of the 5 next games? We can't beat anyone worth a damn nor win when it matters.

At some point, we are the dumb ones for still holding believing in the positivity they try to spin. Being realistic isn't the same as being negative.

What to look forward to?

Peppermint Bark, Fudge, Excellent Xmas cookies, and lots of beverages with friends as this season is over.

Time to enjoy my sons other favorite teams like the Cardinals, and the Broncos (Hopefully Ostweiler is serviceable until the playoffs). I hope we do well, but have no expectations we win another game.

I'm over it, but this happens every year sometime in November. I'm used to it. At least I'm not as dumb like 10 years ago to keep up the fantasy we will run the table and all of that nonsense, and just get disappointed later.

Gabbert making a come back, other two are good and you always forget Luck, funny how that is

Are you serious with Talleywhacker? Have you ever seen him play? That team is hopeless with him and his contract dragging them down for years. Don't get me wrong, it makes me happy. I'll go with it if you say the jury is still out on Bortles but that is really the best that can be said at this point.

And Luck? Seriously? You are really going to say you are a good evaluator of QB talent based on liking a guy that was reputed to be the best QB in 10 years? McDavid and Eichel rolled into one and this proves your skill? I won't even go into the fact that he hasn't even produced anything really.

Add in that you took a pass on Cam Newton and we're deep into "I better not talk any more" territory.

Poor Connor is Cooked.

What do you possibly see from this team to believe they can win 4 of the 5 next games? We can't beat anyone worth a damn nor win when it matters.

At some point, we are the dumb ones for still holding believing in the positivity they try to spin. Being realistic isn't the same as being negative.

the prior 3 games. won 2, played NE tough. Today was the usual late season clunker that we know all too well. Any given Sunday a team has a shot to win. They are not playing teams with QBs that are top tier. Weirder things have happened.

4 more years of mediocrity. Ryan was actually a step back after Marrone. That's bad.

It certainly did not look like we needed a new QB today

Tyrod needs to be more decisive. He might become more decisive, but I'm not confident that he will. The guy lost 20 yards on a 2-point conversion!

Edited by HoF Watkins

Are you serious with Talleywhacker? Have you ever seen him play? That team is hopeless with him and his contract dragging them down for years. Don't get me wrong, it makes me happy. I'll go with it if you say the jury is still out on Bortles but that is really the best that can be said at this point.

And Luck? Seriously? You are really going to say you are a good evaluator of QB talent based on liking a guy that was reputed to be the best QB in 10 years? McDavid and Eichel rolled into one and this proves your skill? I won't even go into the fact that he hasn't even produced anything really.

Add in that you took a pass on Cam Newton and we're deep into "I better not talk any more" territory.

Poor Connor is Cooked.

where is you list of QBs oh wise one, or is it easy easier to throw cheapshots from the stands

Cam is not great, he is having a good yr. Never Said I didn't like Winston just didn't trust his maturity, Tannehill and Bortles would be allstars on this team and yes I knew Luck we be good long before you ever heard of him

i'm optimistic that the O line will continue to jell. Kromer may be our best position coach.

i'm optimistic about our talent, but i'm not sure if their frequent lapses in recognition and judgement are correctable.

i'm optimistic that Taylor will learn to digest a defense quicker.. and this will allow him to execute plays from a clean pocket, before abandoning it to improvise and raise his risk of injury.

i'm not optimistic about Rex's ability to control anything football related - other than game planning his D..

and i'm not optimistic that he's capable of consistently keeping up with how offensive coaches are game planning his D.

where is you list of QBs oh wise one, or is it easy easier to throw cheapshots from the stands

Cam is not great, he is having a good yr. Never Said I didn't like Winston just didn't trust his maturity, Tannehill and Bortles would be allstars on this team and yes I knew Luck we be good long before you ever heard of him

I know that I am too unqualified to tout myself as some sort of QB scouting guru, so I don't.

You know that I am too unqualified to tout myself as some sort of QB scouting guru.

I know that you are too unqualified to tout yourself as some sort of QB scouting guru.

You do not know that you are unqualified to tout yourself as some sort of QB scouting guru, so you do. You may want to examine your contention that Talleywhacker is great and Cam Newton is not and re-assess. If given the chance to freely pluck one of them from their current roster, how many of the other 30 NFL GMs would pick Talleywhacker? Hint: It rhymes with the name of someone who fiddled while Rome burned.

If you say Connor Cook is going to be great 9,447 more times it will not influence whether he in fact becomes great. If he goes #4 overall and the Bills pick 15th, it would be very silly of you to say we should have picked him.

Anyone for P. Manning as a quarterback instructor? Tyrod has great upside but merely needs to develop under as much expert tutalege as he can get.

Terry needs to eat the salary and fire Rex. He's all talk and little else.

Where did this idea come from?

Do you mean in the off-season?

Or do you mean hire Manning to come to Buffalo as a QB coach?

Either way, what about developing Tyrod Taylor, do you think would appeal to Manning after he retires?

Do you really believe a job with the Bills as a QB coach would appeal to him more than say, making truckloads of cash on television?

Edited by HoF Watkins