So, we are gonna lose to KC?

Terrakon

I love the team and I love reading the opinions on this board, but I think many are anchored to the past. Yes, we might lose to the Chiefs. Yes, we might beat the Chiefs. I honestly don't know how this season is the same as last season or the 14 before that.

If we want to believe that we are cursed and nothing changes, then yes we lose.

But, everything has changed in a very short time and is starting to come together.

I want a little more positivity for the now and a lot less negativity from the past.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Every season is different, especially with new coaches and the way free agency changes things. I understand how the growing skepticism has grown over the last 15 years, but this board has gotten nearly unbeatable with the we suck and should we sign this teams cast offs all of the time. There are still a few on here who do a good analysis of what they see. The above post about TT is a perfect example. The kid has 8 starts in the NFL and people want to run him out of town, he has shown flashes and isn't as mistake prone as EJ so give him a chance. Heck how many times has it been said to give us an average QB and we could be in the playoffs? TT can be that but needs a little more experience, which shows, the only question is whether he can learn and progress or not.

Every season is different, especially with new coaches and the way free agency changes things. I understand how the growing skepticism has grown over the last 15 years, but this board has gotten nearly unbeatable with the we suck and should we sign this teams cast offs all of the time. There are still a few on here who do a good analysis of what they see. The above post about TT is a perfect example. The kid has 8 starts in the NFL and people want to run him out of town, he has shown flashes and isn't as mistake prone as EJ so give him a chance. Heck how many times has it been said to give us an average QB and we could be in the playoffs? TT can be that but needs a little more experience, which shows, the only question is whether he can learn and progress or not.

Maybe because anyone who actually watches the nfl knows that TT is not an NFL caliber QB. In the nfl you need a guy who can stand in the pocket and deliver on time strikes, especially over the middle. TT has shown a distinct inability to do that.

Bills the underdog here, lots going against them. KC going good, injuries, short week etc. So, all the predictions heavily in favor of KC. But, wait a minute.....they still have to play the game. If the coaches get a good game plan together, this team has the talent to win.....thats why they still have to play the game....the pickers don't get to decide the players have to do that on the field. This is definitely gut check time for this team, though.

I'd like to see Tyrod distribute the ball better. Seems like we have whole games where Watkins and/or Woods and/or Clay are pretty much ignored. let's see some slants, screens and play action. Also less emphasis on running the same darn play on first down.....We have a good chance to win but the offense needs to take a step up.

That's hard to find around this place. Look at the Tyrod sucks thread. Best QB we have had in a long time and people want to run him out of town.

It's really unbelievable. This message board is truly a magnet for the most negative, miserable, pessimistic (oh no, I'm just a realist!) people who call themselves Bills fans. They come here to feed their negativity and stroke each other. So sad. There should be a separate forum for rational, normal people who don't react like five year olds and live and die on each play.

I've got a good vibe about today, the last 14 years be damned.

You want in the playoffs, Buffalo. Go beat Alex Smith, not exactly having to beat Brady, Manning or Montana in their prime.

Carpe Diem.

Yup, if we don't win today, I hope the Chiefs go on and take the wild card. If the Bills are worth anything (and Tyrod for that matter), you actually start throwing to your stars.

The Bills are 5-5. Have six more games and realistically need to win out or maybe lose one game to have a shot at the playoffs. Forgive me for having tempered enthusiasm. A couple more losses and we can all see the wheels falling off. But I see positive signs of this defense coming together. They need to step up big with Mario and Kyle out. I see a good running game with Shady but the passing game is horrendous. Getting Sammy the ball needs to be a priority. Why must it always be a deep ball? Just get it in his hands. Clock management has not been good and last weeks two minute offense sucked.

These things temper my enthusiasm but NO. We are not going to lose to KC today.

Knowing this franchise, we're more likely to lose to KC then go on a winning streak until the last game where we need 3 teams to lose, and they alll do, but we give away the Jests game. Ending up another non playoff 9-7 that most will try to frame as progress. Which means all the coaching staff is safe in the offseason.

This is the reason for the season. KC will be the inflection point. They are the best remaining opponent on the schedule with Romo done for the season. Beat them, win out and this isn't the same ol bills. It's an 11-5 wild card team. Lose... And the season will likely spiral into another year of futility.

Tyrod is an unknown unfinished product. Great arm, better athlete, but already showing signs that his tiny frame may not be able to endure a season... Add that he's not throwing guys open or hitting stuff over the middle yet. So much like any other QB after a few starts and a team that has been good at times and bad at times.. WE JUST DONT KNOW YET...