I hate to admit it, but Taylor sucks

And just because you choose to ignore him being in the top 5 of several NFL QB status doesnt make them useless......it makes your take worthless.

Let me try to explain this again. A small sample size may not reflect the true nature of the player.

Show me stats of a QB who throws for over 20 times a game and I will show you a better representation of ACTUAL stats.

X of Y passes and 0 INT's gives a guy a 150 rating. Is he THE 2nd best passer in the league?

22 points is well enough to win? Maybe in Buffalo. Or not.

I think the safer # is high 20's this season. Say 25 and up.

In 5 wins the Bills O has scored on avg 27.4 points

In 6 losses the Bills O has scored on avg 20.3 points

Were supposed to have a dom defense.....blame them

Tell that to Seattle and Pittsburgh

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's every Church of Latter Day Tyrods member's argument ... "he's better than EJ!!!!"

Once again, straw man alert. No one is worshipping at Taylor's proverbial alter. Find me one person who has said anything more than, "hey, he's exceeded my expectations." No one thinks he's a top ten QB in the NFL (even though many of his stats would indicate as much). I think he's better than EJ (well of course he is). Does that mean I am a member of his church? I don't get it.

Let me try to explain this again. A small sample size may not reflect the true nature of the player.

Show me stats of a QB who throws for over 20 times a game and I will show you a better representation of ACTUAL stats.

X of Y passes and 0 INT's gives a guy a 150 rating. Is he THE 2nd best passer in the league?

I think the safer # is high 20's this season. Say 25 and up.

In 5 wins the Bills O has scored on avg 27.4 points

In 6 losses the Bills O has scored on avg 20.3 points

Tell that to Seattle and Pittsburgh

In 5 of the Bills wins, they needed to average 16 PPG to outscore their opponents.

Did someone really just say that if someone fumbles, but recovers the fumble themselves, that it isn't a fumble?

NEW FLASH: It's a fumble, but not a fumble lost.

Also, anyone arguing that, on the Bills final play of the game, where Tyrod failed to get through his progressions, bailed on the pocket, then fumbled twice; that Tyrod produced well is a moron.

Did someone really just say that if someone fumbles, but recovers the fumble themselves, that it isn't a fumble?

NEW FLASH: It's a fumble, but not a fumble lost.

Also, anyone arguing that, on the Bills final play of the game, where Tyrod failed to get through his progressions, bailed on the pocket, then fumbled twice; that Tyrod produced well is a moron.

Anyone who twists a story by not mentioning recovering the fumble, and not mentioning fumbling OOB, clearly has an agenda.

At the beginning of the season, many thought our D would be so stingy that our offense would only need to average 20 points per game to qualify us for the playoffs.

TT is delivering against that goal. While the offense doesn't produce a ton of yards or first downs, it does produce its share of points - often through big plays. And it hasn't turned the ball over a lot.

TT is not an elite QB (yet). At the beginning of the season, we didn't think we needed him to be one of the elite. Now that we've seen what Rex has done with our D, we're all wanting more out of TT to compensate. It's probably not fair or realistic.

For a first year starter, TT is doing fine.

The Bills scored 22 points and racked up 415 yards in horrible weather against a top defense playing at Arrowhead. KC's defensive stats in the previous 6 games: 3 pts/201 yards; 13 pts/221 yards; 10 pts/276 yards; 13 points/339 yards; 16 points/321 yards; 18 points/328 yards.

Opposing team passer ratings against KC this year: 81.2. Taylor's rating yesterday: 106.4.

Yeah, he was horrible.

Again, this thread is ridiculous. People just love to complain.

Edited by dave mcbride

Anyone who twists a story by not mentioning recovering the fumble, and not mentioning fumbling OOB, clearly has an agenda.

Are you back to posting stupid things again? I feel like you're back to posting stupid things again.

Tell me what my agenda is, how I would implement my agenda; and then tell me under what circumstances fumbling the ball twice on the same play is acceptable.

I'll wait.

In 5 of the Bills wins, they needed to average 16 PPG to outscore their opponents.

You sir are correce and look at who they beat.

1 Against an Andrew Luck 1-3 team,

2 against a 4-7 Miami team,

1 against a 2-9 Tenny team,

1 against the 6-5 JETS team

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Are you back to posting stupid things again? I feel like you're back to posting stupid things again.

Tell me what my agenda is, how I would implement my agenda; and then tell me under what circumstances fumbling the ball twice on the same play is acceptable.

I'll wait.

Your agenda is to post increasingly one-sided, non-nuanced statistics and arguments, in order to be "correct" at all costs instead of providing fair, insightful analysis.

Under no circumstances is it acceptable, but it is mitigated by recovering the first, and the second falling harmlessly out of bounds. If you believe a fumble recovered by the same player is equal to a fumble returned for a defensive TD, you're a certified loony.

The Bills scored 22 points and racked up 415 yards in horrible weather against a top defense playing at Arrowhead. KC's defensive stats in the previous 6 games: 3 pts/201 yards; 13 pts/221 yards; 10 pts/276 yards; 13 points/339 yards; 16 points/321 yards; 18 points/328 yards.

Opposing team passer ratings against KC this year: 81.2. Taylor's rating yesterday: 106.4.

Yeah, he was horrible.

Again, this thread is ridiculous. People just love to complain.

Yet Mr Dink and Dunk Alex Smith outplayed TT hands down.

I mentioned it 2 or 3 times today.

Careful Chan, you are starting to see things my way.

Yet Mr Dink and Dunk Alex Smith outplayed TT hands down.

Are you nuts?? Seriously. Alex Smith didn't play against Tyrod Taylor. He played against a surprisingly soft and injured Bills defense. At home.

Taylor played against a better defense. On the road.

Quarterbacks don't play against other quarterbacks. They play against defenses.

Lest I forget to mention, Alex Smith is an above average NFL QB who is having a good season.

Why is so hard for people to admit that he's performing at an above average level? Except for third down conversion rates, the Bills passing metrics and scoring numbers are above average in almost every category. It has been a very long time since that was the case.

Lest I forget to mention, Alex Smith is an above average NFL QB who is having a good season.

Why is so hard for people to admit that he's performing at an above average level? Except for third down conversion rates, the Bills passing metrics and scoring numbers are above average in almost every category. It has been a very long time since that was the case.

Because he doesn't throw to WRs and his long balls suck...

Over the past 3 weeks the Bills are 28th in the league in Red Zone efficiency. They're 18th in the league for the entire season. The only thing consistent about Tyrod is his inconsistency. He's getting worse every week and the Bills' record reflects it.