Around the league Week 11

YoloinOhio

I agree that was a really scary moment.

And incredibly obvious. If THAT can still happen either the system is broken even with the new rules or someone deserves punishment for totally neglecting their job (I'd be fine with it being a large organizational fine, and the NFL rep that's supposed to be on the lookout being fired)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And incredibly obvious. If THAT can still happen either the system is broken even with the new rules or someone deserves punishment for totally neglecting their job (I'd be fine with it being a large organizational fine, and the NFL rep that's supposed to be on the lookout being fired)

I don't know about that. I think it was a another hit gone bad on a violent sport. Do the Ravens have artificial turf or natural grass on their field? I really think that having natural grass is better for players' safety.

I don't know about that. I think it was a another hit gone bad on a violent sport. Do the Ravens have artificial turf or natural grass on their field? I really think that having natural grass is better for players' safety.

they are supposed to have an independent spotter though to look for potential head injuries. The one assigned to this game must have taken off early.

When someone has a head or neck injury like that you're not supposed to yank them up like that, you could just see his head snap back again

It's not just this game though. Hopkins (with whatever crap QB they push out onto the field) has been outperforming Watkins all season.

I believe that Watkins is better, but that is what bothers me. I don't need "oh, well our offense is different"..."Tyrod isn't good"...."Watkins is creating space for the others"..."McCoy is out"...."Tyrod didn't play"....on and on. They have to maximize his impact on games, no excuses.

Seriously? Again with Hopkins? How many times do I have to post this? Honestly, you don't want the reasons, but you keep asking the question.

Sammy

5 games 32 Targets 329 yards 3 TDS

6.4 targets, 65.8 yards, .6 TDs a game

Hopkins

10 games 137 targets, 1,045 yards 9 TDs

13.7 targets, 104.5 yards, .9 TDs a game

If Watkins had twice the targets he would be doing better than Hopkins (Unless you want to factor in injuries as a "Watkin's issue"). Now I know you won't take this, but we know he gets open, and the reason we aren't targeting Watkins is because of either Tyrod is going through his progressions and not seeing Watkins and/or they aren't making Watkins the focal point of the game plan. And the fact that the Texans have thrown 282 times to the Bills 260 times (151 of which were when Watkins wasn't playing) or (21.8 throws per game when Watkins is playing to the Texans 28.2 throws a game)

Edited by What a Tuel

Seriously? Again with Hopkins? How many times do I have to post this? Honestly, you don't want the reasons, but you keep asking the question.

Sammy

5 games 32 Targets 329 yards 3 TDS

6.4 targets, 65.8 yards, .6 TDs a game

Hopkins

10 games 137 targets, 1,045 yards 9 TDs

13.7 targets, 104.5 yards, .9 TDs a game

If Watkins had twice the targets he would be doing better than Hopkins (Unless you want to factor in injuries as a "Watkin's issue"). Now I know you won't take this, but we know he gets open, and the reason we aren't targeting Watkins is because of either Tyrod is going through his progressions and not seeing Watkins and/or they aren't making Watkins the focal point of the game plan. And the fact that the Texans have thrown 282 times to the Bills 260 times (151 of which were when Watkins wasn't playing) or (21.8 throws per game when Watkins is playing to the Texans 28.2 throws a game)

What part of "I think Watkins is better" do you not understand?

Hopkins has been more effective. Apparently he is getting open enough to warrant being thrown the ball. TJ Yates, Ryan Mallett, or Brian Hoyer, found ways to get him the ball, and they all suck. Where Watkins would be if he played for the Texans, I don't know, but I think Hopkins is doing pretty well, considering.

Hopkins just had a big game against the same guy that pretty much shut down Watkins last week. With no Arian Foster, and TJ Yates at QB.

If you think Watkins has been used well, that is up to you. I don't think he has, and the offense hasn't been playing well enough to excuse it. I haven't laid it all at his feet. I have stated clearly, that I mainly blame the coaches. And Watkins was playing hurt all last year, and has missed games, and been hobbled for a third of the games this year. That counts as an "issue" to me.

Regardless,

I expect a him to be a guy that regularly takes over games.

I expect him to be a guy you throw to, even if a good DB is covering him (Revis, Vontae Davis, or anyone else).

I expect him to be a guy that is almost never neutralized for a game.

And most of all, I expect that when one of the other weapons is injured, Watkins makes up for what is missing, as opposed to "well, with McCoy injured, they took Watkins out of the game".

If Andre Reed was out, everyone would say "Thurman's gonna have a big week, because he will have to carry the team". That's what great players do.

Edited by HoF Watkins

That was bad.

Fitz was obviously concussed too and he played two more series....and threw two pics.

^ This, wow I thought of that too during the game. After he ran for that TD. When he came back on the field he was clearly different. His field vision was hampered. IDK if Geno could have done better but Fitz should not have been back on the field.

That was bad.

Fitz was obviously concussed too and he played two more series....and threw two pics.

Interesting. I only saw the final pick as a cut in after another game finished. I know we exchanged briefly on my thought that while its timing was classic Fitz, that the cause seemed odd to me (just a terrible read and or poor decision making, not a calculated risk to take a shot that's beyond his ability to consistently hit because the clocks approaching zero)

Sounds like it wouldn't be shocking to find out he wasn't all there (though I didn't see the injury)

I thought that too. He got up slowly and looked a bit unsure.

He had a glazed, detatched look in his eyes in the last couple series and after the game he was holding his face in his hands on the bench. Those aren't looks I've seen from Fitz. CBS cameras were pretty much fixed on him much of the game after he staggered to his feet...with assistance.....in the endzone.

He had a glazed, detatched look in his eyes in the last couple series and after the game he was holding his face in his hands on the bench. Those aren't looks I've seen from Fitz. CBS cameras were pretty much fixed on him much of the game after he staggered to his feet...with assistance.....in the endzone.

Yep. It would be harder to believe he wasn't concussed from that hit. To me you could see him almost trying to not show he was concussed but he was not right at all.

But the cameras also showed him on the sideline with the doctors being evaluated and then cleared. I don't think that happened with Keenum.

It was definitely an interesting week 11 and I am excited to see how it ends tonight (hopefully with a bills win). I think the Chiefs are an interesting team that has really turned around their season, we play them next weekend and I have a feeling it may be a tougher game that expected. Pat Kirwan gives a recap of the games and predictions for the coming weeks: Here is what he had to say about Week 11 so far: https://realfootballnetwork.com/2015/11/23/11-23-15-emerging-storylines/

But the cameras also showed him on the sideline with the doctors being evaluated and then cleared. I don't think that happened with Keenum.

Keenum, despite falling down after his teammate tried to help him up never got pulled.

In the issue coming full circle he heaved a ball to Wes welker about 30 seconds after

Edited by NoSaint