Are you an optimist or a pessimist?

Rubes

123 members have voted

1. 1. The Bills record after 12 games will be...

• 8-4, the talk of the conference
    • 7-5, sitting nicely
    • 6-6, hanging on for dear life
    • 5-7, pretty much out of it

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The pats are vulnerable with key injuries, time to go in there, beat the piss out of Gronkowski and force Mrs Budchen into some turnovers... Make a god damn statement already, this team is talented and getting healthy... No excuses anymore.

The Chiefs are beatable, the benefitted from Manning tossing up rainbow interceptions all game but really didn't do much with those turnovers... That game should have been a blowout of blowout, Alex Smith isn't that good and the rest of that offensive is meh.

The pats are vulnerable with key injuries, time to go in there, beat the piss out of Gronkowski and force Mrs Budchen into some turnovers... Make a god damn statement already, this team is talented and getting healthy... No excuses anymore.

The Chiefs are beatable, the benefitted from Manning tossing up rainbow interceptions all game but really didn't do much with those turnovers... That game should have been a blowout of blowout, Alex Smith isn't that good and the rest of that offensive is meh.

If our 3rd String QB doesn't through a 99yard Pick 6 or our 3rd string RB doesn't fumble while walking into the end zone untouched we have a chance against the Chiefs.

Mr Budchen at home on MNF the week after the Bungals got upset on MNF, I'm not as confident.

I was always an optimist until I met the Bills in season one and experienced game after game, and season after season what they were incapable of accomplishing, and the brutal way they so frequently killed off any growing glimmers of optimism. This was especially hard when they tempted you four straight seasons, to no avail. Even Frank Reich and the Houston miracle was like an anomaly. But "Go Bills" will never desert me.

Time to change history. I'm sick of all this inductive reasoning and I truly believe it's part of why the same things happen to this franchise over and over and over again. I feel it's no coincidence that we've seen some variation of the same story every year with completely different players coming in and out of the organization. We expect eventual and tantalizing failure and therefore this same expectation even leaks into the psyche of the players. Don't even think all those gentlemen don't know this narrative. I mean I was literally uttering the words "I've seen this game before" when Schmidt fumbled the punt snap for !@#$'s sake. Not that my words had any direct effect on the play but case and point, we need to change our attitude as fans and EXPECT to turn this around. !@#$ that past! I'm tired of this pain of 15 years, and the Music City Miracle, and 4 Superbowls turning us into pansies and causing us to progress from cautiously optimistic, to fearful, to looking for ways we can still lose a lead, to losing in the worst way imaginable. That doesn't fly with me anymore. Watch this damn video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chzz3M0spWM

Edited by Billsfansince90

Time to change history. I'm sick of all this inductive reasoning and I truly believe it's part of why the same things happen to this franchise over and over and over again. I feel it's no coincidence that we've seen some variation of the same story every year with completely different players coming in and out of the organization. We expect eventual and tantalizing failure and therefore this same expectation even leaks into the psyche of the players. Don't even think all those gentlemen don't know this narrative. I mean I was literally uttering the words "I've seen this game before" when Schmidt fumbled the punt snap for !@#$'s sake. Not that my words had any direct effect on the play but case and point, we need to change our attitude as fans and EXPECT to turn this around. !@#$ that past! I'm tired of this pain of 15 years, and the Music City Miracle, and 4 Superbowls turning us into pansies and causing us to progress from cautiously optimistic, to fearful, to looking for ways we can still lose a lead, to losing in the worst way imaginable. That doesn't fly with me anymore. Watch this damn video!

So now it's our fault...

Since 90 huh. Good for you.

Now as a Bills fan since the early 60's let me tell ya something sonny. You haven't seen the worst of it.

I predict that we beat the Patriots and then lose to the Texans. It would be such a Billsy thing to do.

So true, but I'll borrow from something I think you wrote yesterday. These are not the same Bills -- time to create a new history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI