Would it be better for us if the Pats won tomorrow?

Here me out. As much as we would love for the Pats to lose any week, as much as we all despise their very existence, if they do lose in the meadowlands to the Giants, would we not be running into a buzz saw the next week on MNF?

Would we not want to be the 1 in 18-1? We do, for some odd reason, seem to play them tougher in Foxborough. It would almost be a case in point where they maybe would let their guard down against us after finally exercising the demon of the "Curse of Eli".

We realistically don't have a shot at catching them in the division. Just thinking out loud here. Thoughts?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here me out. As much as we would love for the Pats to lose any week, as much as we all despise their very existence, if they do lose in the meadowlands to the Giants, would we not be running into a buzz saw the next week on MNF?

Would we not want to be the 1 in 18-1? We do, for some odd reason, seem to play them tougher in Foxborough. It would almost be a case in point where they maybe would let their guard down against us after finally exercising the demon of the "Curse of Eli".

We realistically don't have a shot at catching them in the division. Just thinking out loud here. Thoughts?

No--heck no, actually..... Edited by MattM

Best case scenario is JPP gets his hand...on Tommy Boy and breaks both his legs! I usually don't route for injuries, except when it involves Tom Brady. He could get his brains blown out and I wouldn't bat an eyelash...

little strong on your finish. Ok with the broken legs though

Unless players are injured....game against Giants has nothing to do with our game.

When have you ever seen the Pat* let their guard down? They prepare each week for the next opponent.

Edited by nucci

little strong on your finish. Ok with the broken legs though

lol.. just his right index finger. or his thumb.

If you thought Rex's sideline-gasm was laugh out loud entertaining against the Jets at MetLife, could you imagine his reaction if we won on national television against them?...

Its a fantasy of mine

Besides injuries, I do think playing an undefeated team has a slightly different feel than one which has lost one. They'll be tough no matter what. I'm torn between having the chance to break their unbeaten streak (an extra plus if we somehow pull off the upset) vs. having them drop a game before us (unless game directly impacts us playoffs wise, I prefer that they lose). On balance, though, I think I'd prefer them to be undefeated when we go to Gillette.

What we should root for is a good, entertaining, competitive game, in which the Pats need to pull out all the stops and show the Bills coaches their latest and greatest plans. The Bills players have some time off, but you betcha Ryan and his coaches are putting these extra days to good use, doing a Belichick and figuring out how to stop their offense and move the ball against their defense.

If they lose, the TBD crazies will go berserk, thinking Division Championship if the Bills can beat them on MNF. That would put Bills at 6-4 with the Pats* at 8-2. Bills win out, Pats* lose @DEN and versus either Jests or Fins, with the Bills winning the 12-4 tiebreaker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You heard it here first! Hehehe.

I will always want to Pats*** to lose, every week, no matter what.

All I care about right now is if this defense of ours can figure out a way to stop Gronk, screen passes, swing passes to RBs, and generally anything quick-release.

If they lose, the TBD crazies will go berserk, thinking Division Championship if the Bills can beat them on MNF. That would put Bills at 6-4 with the Pats* at 8-2. Bills win out, Pats* lose @DEN and versus either Jests or Fins, with the Bills winning the 12-4 tiebreaker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You heard it here first! Hehehe.

...and then we woke up lol...

I will always want to Pats*** to lose, every week, no matter what.

All I care about right now is if this defense of ours can figure out a way to stop Gronk, screen passes, swing passes to RBs, and generally anything quick-release.

I'm with ya man. I could never envision a scenario where I'd route for them, or at least this present evil regime, even if it benefited us somehow. Which won't happen til Brady and or Belichick hang it up and they become terrible again, ala the Steve Grogan / Dick McPherson days lol. Eff them... Edited by Buffalo Beeeews

We need a team to beat the Pats, so the rest of the league can see how it was done. I thought the Colts had the best strategy so far: hit Edelman so hard his finger bends sideways so he causes a pick 6 on a bobble, but we need a better strategy than this. How can Gronk be contained? Which defensive tactics work? We need Giants to show us the way.

Gmen have been injured at all three levels on D. They were looking to get Amukamara back, no such luck. Lost their best DT for the season (Hankins). Beason hit the IR. I think their winning would have to come from an Eli shootout and a big play somewhere on ST's or D. JPP could change everything if his game is on…and some nasty Spags blitzing schemes wouldn't hurt.

They are going to have to use everything under the hood tomorrow to hope for a squeaker.

No. It would be better for us if the Giants imposed that 4 game suspension against Brady tomorrow!

Yep, break his leg in the 1st quarter, that way they can lose tomorrow and nexr Monday. A healthy Brady next Monday = 0% Bills chance of victory regardless of the Pats outcome tomorrow.

Quite frankly, we simply need to beat them straight up or even with such a critical and surprising win as beating a Pats team which mowed us down earlier in the season, it still would simply be a matter of time until we ended up on the short en of the game score.

Ultimately (be it the incredibly unlikely this year), this team will simply have to just beat the Pats on the field w/o the benefit of some Jedi word trap (these aren't the droids you want or be overconfident since you're undefeated and home against a team you manhandled earlier in the season.

We just need to beat them!