My pregame thoughts about the Jets

dayman

Huge game. We must have this one, and if we don't play desperate and with urgency that's on Rex. More than anything else, I expect us to show up amped. If we get a few penalties, so be it. I can live with it.

Top Stories for me

1. Sammy v. Revis. Most expect Revis to shadow Sammy. Sammy is coming off his best game as a pro, and Tyrod is really locked in with right now. Revis is great, but has been burned a bit this year (including Allen Robinson). Time for Sammy to string a few games together and establish himself as a reason we win consistently. Primetime v. Revis would be a statement.

2. Bill's Oline run blocking against the Jets front 7. This one is pretty self-explanatory. When we give our backs a little something to work with, we win the game. The Jets secondary has been a bit weak, but their front 7 has been tough against the run. Bills have a hard time winning without winning here, but could win big if they play nasty on the Oline.

3. The Bills pass rush. Nick Mangold may or may not play (and play well). Lets see something from Dareus Thursday night. I also think Mario is due for a big game. Hughes should keep it up. I'm optimistic that we will eventually get this thing running again but we need it to happen tomorrow night to keep the dream alive.

4. The Bills cornerbacks. Jets have weapons outside. We have corners we like. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

Bills Players to watch

1. Mario Williams. I think Mario is due and I think it happens tomorrow night. I think he'll be after Fitz all night.

2. Robert Woods. The Jets secondary is weak and Revis will likely shadow Sammy. If this guy is going to show up, he should do so tomorrow. I think he'll have opportunity and I expect him to step up tomorrow night.

3. Karlos Williams. I smell a huge game for him.

Prediction

​​Bills play with energy and have big success on a few early drives with some prescripted stuff against the Jets defense. ​The game balances out but over time the Bills pass rush gets going and Mario has a big game. Woods gradually and quietly puts together good game moving the chains. Karlos runs wild in the second half. Sammy is unable to expose Revis and eventually the Jets hit a few big plays in the passing game. In the end, we get a huge win and for the first time all season walk away feeling like it was because of defense.

Bills - 28

Jets - 17

​​

Edited by Rex'sOffense

If the Bills lose, it will be because Chris Ivory and Brandon Marshall had good games.

The Bills know that. The Jets know that and the Jets know that the Bills know that. But do the Bills know that the Jets know the Bills know that? Yes. Yes, they do.

Edited by Cugalabanza

If the Bills lose, it will be because Chris Ivory and Brandon Marshall had good games.

The Bills know that. The Jets know that and the Jets know that the Bills know that. But do the Bills know that the Jets know the Bills know that? Yes. Yes, they do.

#analysis #doesthismeanwewin

4. The Bills cornerbacks. Jets have weapons outside. We have corners we like. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

​​

This is not going to be about catches by Jet receivers, but rather about penalty calls. If we play too aggressive for the refs' liking, we lose this battle.

Huge game. We must have this one, and if we don't play desperate and with urgency that's on Rex. More than anything else, I expect us to show up amped. If we get a few penalties, so be it. I can live with it.

Top Stories for me

1. Sammy v. Revis. Most expect Revis to shadow Sammy. Sammy is coming off his best game as a pro, and Tyrod is really locked in with right now. Revis is great, but has been burned a bit this year (including Allen Robinson). Time for Sammy to string a few games together and establish himself as a reason we win consistently. Primetime v. Revis would be a statement.

2. Bill's Oline run blocking against the Jets front 7. This one is pretty self-explanatory. When we give our backs a little something to work with, we win the game. The Jets secondary has been a bit weak, but their front 7 has been tough against the run. Bills have a hard time winning without winning here, but could win big if they play nasty on the Oline.

3. The Bills pass rush. Nick Mangold may or may not play (and play well). Lets see something from Dareus Thursday night. I also think Mario is due for a big game. Hughes should keep it up. I'm optimistic that we will eventually get this thing running again but we need it to happen tomorrow night to keep the dream alive.

Bills Players to watch

1. Mario Williams. I think Mario is due and I think it happens tomorrow night. I think he'll be after Fitz all night.

2. Robert Woods. The Jets secondary is weak and Revis will likely shadow Sammy. If this guy is going to show up, he should do so tomorrow. I think he'll have opportunity and I expect him to step up tomorrow night.

3. Karlos Williams. I smell a huge game for him.

Prediction

​​Bills play with energy and have big success on a few early drives with some prescripted stuff against the Jets defense. ​The game balances out but over time the Bills pass rush gets going and Mario has a big game. Woods gradually and quietly puts together good game moving the chains. Karlos runs wild in the second half. Sammy is unable to expose Revis and eventually the Jets hit a few big plays in the passing game. In the end, we get a huge win and for the first time all season walk away feeling like it was because of defense.

Bills - 28

Jets - 17

​​

this is more important. I am changing the context. I hope they do play with urgency but never desperate!

I think this game will be brutal and scrappy. Both team are going to give it their all.

This going to be a Great game to watch as fans.

Nice post Rexs!

Very excited for Thursday Nights trial and tribulations

Hell ya Go Bills!

i think the addition of an experienced DB like McKelvin at FS will continue to help us against the Jets. I want mad Fitzpicks tomorrow!

agreed

we missed Leo. and we still miss A Williams.

But the secondary just became much more complete and viable after McKelvins return, knocking the dust off the boots.

As we know all too well, this is the point of the season where Fitz starts to break down and settle back into the role of a mediocre QB. I expect the Bills to pick him at least twice.

Go Bills!

Chevy i would rather predict what the Bills are trending then the Jets. Bills i watch each week and follow closely.

btw Chan aint no bodies fool sumgum!

well as long as it clear, i predict the Win!!

great post

This is not going to be about catches by Jet receivers, but rather about penalty calls. If we play too aggressive for the refs' liking, we lose this battle.

No.

its going to finally be about sacks and pressures and sacks.

But yes its alway going to be that Billnut. no question.

Edited by 3rdand12

fitz throws to only decker and marshall. Their tight end has 5 catches all year. I think darby can cover decker and put gilmore on marshall with a lot of safety help. Unleash the line on fitz and he will throw picks. Force fitz to throw over the middle and get our lines hands up and his low throws will be tipped and picked all day.

I agree that Robert Woods has to be a key player, but Mario will be invisible (in terms of game-changing plays) and the run game will be stymied. Clay has to be big and TT needs to show how good he is to a national audience. Seeing Tyrod set the team record for consecutive completions, run for 50 with no TOs might be necessary for a win.

We know Fitz has a penchant for p!ssing away the game when his team needs him to come through, so the Bills must play with the lead. Provided that the Bills don't play that ridiculous scheme that they played against the Cheatriots and Giants, they should be able to bait Fitz into a pick or two. Give the receivers a 10 yard cushion and generate 0 pass rush, and you can turn the t.v. off early.

Disagree on Karlos...and the running game in general. I hope I'm wrong but just don't see it. For either back. I'm probably benching McCoy in fantasy. The Pats didn't even try Blount vs them. But our O is going to gash them? Everyone is fooled by our performances (and Karlos) vs Miami. They had no Wake. Their LBS are God awful. And...they basically quit.

Disagree on Mario to.....Unless he just follows Fitz's eyes and gets his hands up. He gets rid of the ball as fast as Eli did against us. Get your hands up..knock it down....zone blitz him from time to time.

Tyrod is going to run for 100---that's how we're going to beat them (hell he basically had the week off last week he should be at or near 100 percent....let him go). He'll move the sticks--he's going to have to. And he's going to make the occasional big play through the air. Beating whoever replaces Cromartie. A lot.

I like our D vs their O. They don't have the RB that can catch out of the backfiekd......Ivory has been terrible the last month. I like our corners vs their WRs. They don't have that dangerous slot guy that's killed us all year.

This game is going to be ugly. Like 17-13 ugly.

Season is on the line. Lose and we're probably going to be 4-6 after New England. This is it.

Edited by Big Blitz

I'm interested to see how Buffalo will attack the Jets D. Run D seems pretty stout. Revis will likely shadow Sammy. I'm just hoping they don't shut him out of the gameplan like week 1 vs Vontae Davis. The kid can get open against Revis. I think they lean heavily on Clay. Hopefully McCoy is a full go, we could really use him on the screen game. Not sure we can success grinding it out with Karlos. Hard to see Tyrod having a big game. Have to start him this week in ff with Rivers on a bye. I'm guessing at 16-13 typish game.