Bills O poised to make serious noise

Heitz

If our season ended today, we've already seen enough killer big plays to fill next years Hi-Light reel.

Can't help but be excitied seeing how we do some of the things we're doing -WHEN WE'RE HEALTHY.

We should have something better than a punt from our own end zone for the Christmas card, if nothing else! :beer:

Bills are 3-1 when TT and Sammy both play. Only loss is to Pats, and they still put up 32 points.

It is hard to get a great feel for what will come because we have seen such different versions of personnel each week. But it is clear that when the offensive starters are healthy, it is a very different team.

Edited by YoloinOhio

i really want Tyrod to be the guy.He may be!!! i think his style may not translate to a 15 year career. But he is one exciting Bills QB to watch. Love his Long ball. Now,next year get him a suitable back up. And, it will get interesting. carlos, Woods, Clay, Shady, and Watkins. keep them guys upright and good things will happen with this O. dare I say "explosive".

Imo

We'll see against a top flight run defense. If we can't establish any kind of running game against the Jets, it will be tough going. TT might be able to open things up with his feet, but I'm not confident about that in this one.

i really want Tyrod to be the guy.He may be!!! i think his style may not translate to a 15 year career. But he is one exciting Bills QB to watch. Love his Long ball. Now,next year get him a suitable back up. And, it will get interesting. carlos, Woods, Clay, Shady, and Watkins. keep them guys upright and good things will happen with this O. dare I say "explosive".

Imo

And don't forget Touchdown Karlos!

Nice article, with a few play breakdowns from NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000577526/article/tyrod-taylor-buffalo-bills-offense-poised-to-make-serious-noise

Definitely excited as hell to see what this O can do when healthy and if Tyrod can keep it up for the rest of the season...

Here we go. One good game... one really good game. really really good.

and folks hop right back on he roller coaster to hell.

We'll see against a top flight run defense. If we can't establish any kind of running game against the Jets, it will be tough going. TT might be able to open things up with his feet, but I'm not confident about that in this one.

why would you run with a Jets depleted secondary after Revis. The way to play them is in the air.

situational football.

Withe the Jets i think you Pass to open the run.

But you are right the jets line are a strength of the team and Bills need to neuter them.

How exactly did those Patriots beat us?

if only we had a coach who knows just a little about defense too............

easy does it playman...

: )

Romans offense, like Rexs defense is predicated on nearly each and every player executing. last week showed.

Seems the O line and skill players believe in , and now seem to understand the assignments.

Heitz might be onto something.

Very nice article. This was very encouraging:

"Against the Miami Dolphins last week, I saw the Bills make a more concerted effort to feature Watkins in the passing game. Watkins racked up a career-high 168 receiving yards on eight receptions, catching the ball each time he was targeted. He also put the Dolphins in a bind with his ability to blow past their CB1 (Brent Grimes) on the perimeter. Watkins' speed and quickness make him a threat to win against most corners, and the Bills' clever utilization of two-back sets and overload formations (3x1) created big-play opportunities for the second-year pro.

From a schematic standpoint, two-back formations and 3x1 sets force the defense to declare how they will defend the X receiver -- most defenses will play an eight-man front against two-back formations; 3x1 sets make it hard for defenses to double-team or bracket the single-receiver -- early in the pre-snap phase, allowing the quarterback to quickly identify a potential mismatch on the perimeter. Thus, Taylor can come to the line and diagnose whether his top playmaker has an advantage on the outside." Bucky Brooks

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000577526/article/tyrod-taylor-buffalo-bills-offense-poised-to-make-serious-noise

Looks like Tyrod will have plenty of chances to have Sammy lined up in single coverage based on power overload formations and will know right away that he can throw long.

Nice writeup, Bucky. Sammy straight up schooled Grimes all day. In the video at about the 2:35 mark Sammy jukes Grimes so bad he falls down trying to stay with him. It was on the elbow in bounds catch play. It seems Tyrod is still a tad late on his throws, on of my knocks on him at VT. I remember him staring Watkins down on that play. Trust it man, let it rip!!

Heard an interesting stat this morning both the Bills and Jets are undefeated this year when scoring more than 24 points, and neither has won a game when giving up more than 24 points.

To me that bodes well for Buffalo as the games Taylor has played the Bills have scored a lot of points.

Bills scored 32 vs Pats and lost, and 31 vs Jags and lost.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Bills are 3-1 when TT and Sammy both play. Only loss is to Pats, and they still put up 32 points.

It is hard to get a great feel for what will come because we have seen such different versions of personnel each week. But it is clear that when the offensive starters are healthy, it is a very different team.

TT is 0-2 when he throws 30+ passes.

just saying

Nice article, with a few play breakdowns from NFL.com

Definitely excited as hell to see what this O can do when healthy and if Tyrod can keep it up for the rest of the season...

I kind of figured this would end up as a thread of its own when I posted the link in the positive thread yesterday. :thumbsup:

Ill take it one step further and say there is no way we move the ball on the ground against the Jets. We just arent going to have the kind of holes we had against Miami, not even close. Hope I'm wrong.

The keys will be Clay and Woods, our dbacks getting us at least one pick, and Mario/dareus having their best efforts of the year.

Ill take it one step further and say there is no way we move the ball on the ground against the Jets. We just arent going to have the kind of holes we had against Miami, not even close. Hope I'm wrong.

The keys will be Clay and Woods, our dbacks getting us at least one pick, and Mario/dareus having their best efforts of the year.

i agree that the Jets run D is better than Miami. However Ryan Mathews and the raiders RBs - Taiwan Jones and Latavius Murrat had huge days vs their front 7. Their biggest vulnerability is similar to the Bills run D - on the edges and swing passes.