Fitzy speaks on Buffalo!

FireChan

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne 1m1 minute ago

Fitz on if he thought he'd spend rest of his career in Buffalo: "That was the plan. The plan wasn't for everything to come crumbling down."

3 retweets 0 likes

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne 1m1 minute ago

More Fitzpatrick: "I didn't play up to expectations. I feel the last few years I've become a better quarterback."

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz was a good s***. Nix was smoking crack when he cut that contract. The argument could be made if that contract had been reasonable he would still be here.

I actually thought that his level of play at the time of the deal was right in line with what he signed for...it made him the 19th-highest paid QB in the NFL, and put him right between what Kevin Kolb and Matt Cassel were making.

I actually thought that his level of play at the time of the deal was right in line with what he signed for...it made him the 19th-highest paid QB in the NFL, and put him right between what Kevin Kolb and Matt Cassel were making.

He was playing really well, the problem was that it was a small sample of his overall body of work. Should have been an incentive based contract, then if he went belly up (as he did) no one would be feeling like he had to go.

And no Tyrod - no thanks.

Tyrod has the same problem, everyone is thinking he is going to be the next big thing. Just like alot of us did with Fitz. I hope he is, but I also hope they learned their lesson with Fitz and give him a reasonable contract with incentives that give him the ability to get paid big if he plays big.

Correct. The contract at the time was the 19th highest contract for QBs (depending on how you measured it. That year, IIRC, he finished 19th in passer rating.

Tyrod has the same problem, everyone is thinking he is going to be the next big thing. Just like alot of us did with Fitz. I hope he is, but I also hope they learned their lesson with Fitz and give him a reasonable contract with incentives that give him the ability to get paid big if he plays big.

Tyrod needs a couple of "signature" wins with him being the main reason they won they game. A Thursday night national game on the road vs the Jets and a game on the road vs a (probable) undefeated Patriots team are two games that are set up for those type of memorable "signature" wins. You take the wins in any way they come, but in the back of your mind you kind of hope that Taylor will be the reason the Bills won them. Even though I was a big EJ supporter, I always liked Taylor and thought he also had a chance to become a franchise QB. Taylor's won me over and here's hoping he can pull the divisional hat-trick setting them up for the #5 wildcard slot in the playoffs. The Bills are getting healthy and finding their groove.

Tyrod needs a couple of "signature" wins with him being the main reason they won they game. A Thursday night national game on the road vs the Jets and a game on the road vs a (probable) undefeated Patriots team are two games that are set up for those type of memorable "signature" wins. You take the wins in any way they come, but in the back of your mind you kind of hope that Taylor will be the reason the Bills won them. Even though I was a big EJ supporter, I always liked Taylor and thought he also had a chance to become a franchise QB. Taylor's won me over and here's hoping he can pull the divisional hat-trick setting them up for the #5 wildcard slot in the playoffs. The Bills are getting healthy and finding their groove.

He has one from the Titans game.

I like Fitz a lot as a person but he has definite limitations as a QB. He played out of his mind for a handful of weeks and got paid for it, but looking back the contract was a mistake.

I'm sure jets fans like what they see out of him.. I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop.

If it put him right between Kolb and Cassel then how much cheaper was Kolb when we cut Fitz to sign him? I would have loved to see Fitz stick around rather than signing Kolb. Especially when the plan was to have the guy start while Manuel sits.

If it put him right between Kolb and Cassel then how much cheaper was Kolb when we cut Fitz to sign him? I would have loved to see Fitz stick around rather than signing Kolb. Especially when the plan was to have the guy start while Manuel sits.

Much cheaper.

Kolb signed a deal that was incentive-laden and worth up to $6.5M/year if he hit certain markers. Fitz's deal paid him $10M/year.

I agree that Fitz was the safer choice. I think the team assumed they were starting from scratch with a rookie, so there was no need to pay twice as much for a guy that was maybe 5% better (at least that's what they were thinking at the time).