Kouandjio benched for Henderson.. mistake?

Bocephuz

2nd series on offense.....Kujo once again solid in pass protection.....buries a defender on a particular play.....the closest a defender gets to EJ is where he spin moves and goes low on the outside but ball is already out......this is one of those drives where EJ has a HORRID throw to Gragg that should have been a TD.....UGH! I have seen some throws by EJ so far in this review that are making me cringe.

I was in London. That short throw to Gragg was just the worst!!! When we settled for the FG on that drive I said to my friends "EJ owes us 4 points on that drive." Little did I know that EJ would load up his debts.

Edited by 1B4IDie

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears that Seantrel Henderson will be taking back his starting job at RT this week and CK will be back on the bench.

What does everyone think about that?

My opinion..... I think it's a poor choice. I just don't see why the coaches are so enamored with Henderson. I've watched a lot of all-22 on Henderson last year and this year and he seems to hold on by the seat of his pants in pass protect most of the time. Maybe I'm missing something.. maybe he's done well in run blocking??? I haven't analyzed that as closely??? For someone who has gotten so much hype from the previous and current coaching staffs.. I certainly haven't seen him dominate anyone yet. Take Cordy Glenn for example... 2 or 3 times a year he will have a game where he completely dominates his opponent and it clearly pops out on the game film. Haven't seen that from Henderson. He was brutally awful in the Titans game before he got hurt.. I'm talking epically awful.. like the worst performance I've seen from a Bills O Lineman in the last few years.. which is saying a lot considering Cyril Richardson, Erik Pears, Kraig Urbik and Chris Williams have had their share of doozies.

In my opinion Kouandjio .. while he hasn't been dominant by any means.. has clearly outperformed Henderson in the games he's played since Henderson has been out due to injury. Hopefully Kouandjio's play gives Henderson the kick in the ass he needs to start playing better... if not.. Henderson should be on a short leash.

I agree, as I think Kujo played better. But then a lot of his look came from that bad Jags team. We will see.

It appears that Seantrel Henderson will be taking back his starting job at RT this week and CK will be back on the bench.

What does everyone think about that?

My opinion..... I think it's a poor choice. I just don't see why the coaches are so enamored with Henderson. I've watched a lot of all-22 on Henderson last year and this year and he seems to hold on by the seat of his pants in pass protect most of the time. Maybe I'm missing something.. maybe he's done well in run blocking??? I haven't analyzed that as closely??? For someone who has gotten so much hype from the previous and current coaching staffs.. I certainly haven't seen him dominate anyone yet. Take Cordy Glenn for example... 2 or 3 times a year he will have a game where he completely dominates his opponent and it clearly pops out on the game film. Haven't seen that from Henderson. He was brutally awful in the Titans game before he got hurt.. I'm talking epically awful.. like the worst performance I've seen from a Bills O Lineman in the last few years.. which is saying a lot considering Cyril Richardson, Erik Pears, Kraig Urbik and Chris Williams have had their share of doozies.

In my opinion Kouandjio .. while he hasn't been dominant by any means.. has clearly outperformed Henderson in the games he's played since Henderson has been out due to injury. Hopefully Kouandjio's play gives Henderson the kick in the ass he needs to start playing better... if not.. Henderson should be on a short leash.

doesn't really matter , they are both inadequate

Next series

- Kujo is solid in both pass protection and run blocking (there is a play where a pass rusher takes a very wide rush and Kujo does not push him behind EJ........EJ looks to be in a 7 step drop. Another second and the pass rusher would have hit EJ

- EJ friggen one hops another one to Wood....then 2 plays later cause Woods to have to make a awkward dive for a catch.

- EJ throws the nice TD pass to woods.....this is of course the maddening thing about EJ who just teases you with the possibility he might be good...........:(

Im gonna stop here...Kujo was solid in the jags game

I think re-signing Incognito is very doable..

Agree. I hope there's a "hometown discount" also, because the Bills took a a chance on him when others would not.

I'm also a CK fan, partly because I like his life story.. but also because I've done time in DC/MD and have DeMatha ties.

You clearly have an opinion.

An informed opinion... I take a fair amount of time each week re-watching the All 22 watching every pass snap..solely focusing on pass protection and grading each play

2nd series on offense.....Kujo once again solid in pass protection.....buries a defender on a particular play.....the closest a defender gets to EJ is where he spin moves and goes low on the outside but ball is already out......this is one of those drives where EJ has a HORRID throw to Gragg that should have been a TD.....UGH! I have seen some throws by EJ so far in this review that are making me cringe.

God bless you for putting yourself through that torture... It was rough for me re-watching that one.

I don't think either are any good. I think we draft a OT in the 1st round this year

I think kouandjio was worse. While neither are playing well. I think Henderson look like he has slow feet. And Kouandjio is too stiff... the knees are probably killing. I know i find myself bending at the hips more compensating for my bad knee

if Glenn doesn't light it up the second half of this season, i think the improvement of CK could lead to the Bills letting Glenn walk. You can't keep everyone and if he wants big LT money then the ability to move up your recent draft picks is exactly what you want in that situation so that you can extend a guy like Gilmore. Glenn just hasn't been that "must keep" guy. IMO.

Not to go off topic but I'd almost rather pay Incognito for a couple years. He's been the best player on the OL, and is 31. He's got 2-3 years left IMO. And draft a OT relatively high this year.

Almost? To me thats a no brainer. He is 32 now may have turned 33. But guards can go. Besides he has missed a year and some change so his body still has that extra year or so. Git er done

I think re-signing Incognito is very doable.. being a guard we could probably sign him for $3-$5 mil/ year which won't break the bank or hinder us too much from extending/signing other players ( I believe the Broncos signed Evan Mathis for roughly ~$3 mil)

It will be interesting to see what happens with Glenn. While he hasn't quite been playing at Pro Bowl level the last few years he is certainly an above average relatively young LT in his prime and most likely would be difficult to replace. Kouandjio looked solid filling in for him for the game he got hurt.. but that's a big leap to think he can develop into the player that Glenn is.

With Rex being coach I'm sure he's biased to extending Gilmore over Glenn... I'm just a little worried that we are putting all of our eggs in the defense basket and that will come back to haunt us.

I hate to say this.. but I'm going to go ahead and say it. .. The Bills should consider cutting or trading Kyle Williams next year if they need to free up cap space. I'd rather see the team keep both Glenn and Gilmore. Letting go of Meatball may be a good way to do this. Corbin Bryant and Stephan Charles are both very solid/cheap options to take his spot.

Barring injury K Williams has been our most disruptive d lineman. I just dont see him getting the freddy treatment. He earns every bone he gets here. Mario Jerry or the golden boy Marcel dont hold a candle to him. Besides he is the most versatile. He can play 0-3 technique equally as effectively. Team leader who brings it. I just cant see it. I see Eric Wood getting the boot before him

Jeeze... hate to agree with you about Mario as well.. but here I go..yes I am saying it...both Mario and KW should be on notice next year.

If you think back to the successful Rex Ryan defenses of the past.. the D Lineman are designed to cannon fodder ..absorbing the blocking and freeing up the linebackers to roam free and wreak havoc. Guys like Tony Siragusa who do the dirty work and don't complain while the linebackers get all the glory. That being said.. I think we need to draft a Terrell Suggs like stud hybrid joker OLB/DE next year.

We have missed ot on a bunch of quality jokers. Are there any you k off hand coming out i should look for?

After watching CK's entire career on the Crimson Tide, I am going to have to very respectfully disagree.

When Bama wiped out Notre Dame and won the title, Kujo was the 4th best blocker on that line. The kid who plays LT now for the Tide, Cam Robinson, is a sophomore and he is already better than Kujo will ever be, but I digress.

Kujo is best served by his mobility, not his physical strength. This seems to be limited too due to chronic injuries. I never thought Kujo had the brute strength that is needed to play the right side, whereas Henderson has displayed this, even if only in glimpses. He is by all accounts a wonderful person, but one of the few Tide players that I was against drafting.

Btw, imo, the RT position is ever evolving. I am seeing teams give up quite a few sacks from the right side this season. Kelly the Dog pointed this out several years ago but it's really starting to become apparent to me now. The rule changes brought us more and more passing plays, so the position of RT will become more important as time goes on.

I could go off on another tangent about how I think that soon, most qbs will be running more and Tyrod will be closer to the norm than the exception but I don't want to bore you. :)

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh snap dont wake. BILL!!!

I am wondering if they are working to get Henderson as many reps as possible and slide him to LT next season

Take one of, if not the worst ranked rt in the league and make him our starting LT?!?! That makes no sense, even with salary cap implications.

‏@BuffaloBillsPR

#Bills T Cyrus Kouandjio has been ruled out (knee) for the Bills game against Miami on Sunday.

26 CB - I was just going to comment the thread is a moot point as Kouandjio is out. Good problem to have when he comes back. Again, K played well against one of the least talented teams in the league.

26 CB - I was just going to comment the thread is a moot point as Kouandjio is out. Good problem to have when he comes back. Again, K played well against one of the least talented teams in the league.

Some teams had concerns about him due to an arthritic knee coming out of Alabama.