Bills have 2nd Toughest Remaining Schedule

Is he implying that yards per game is more important than points scored? Too funny - Typical F Chan and that is why he's on my ignore list.

Funny that IIRC last season he argued the opposite when Orton took over for EJ and the Offense ranking dropped somewhere in the range of 6 to 9 spots.

How could I argue the offense is worse this year if it hadn't happened yet?

And we both know you don't ignore me.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Health had nothing to do with our defense getting blasted at home against the bengals.

One might take into consideration the short field the undefeated Bungles were constantly given by 3 straight 3 and outs followed up with poor ST play. Just saying.

The Offense's output for the Bills was slightly better in total yards (13) than that the of the Bengals

EJ also had more passing yards that Dalton, both QB's had a 66% completion ration

TOP was 30-30. Bungles 11 drives, the Bills 10

The killer - Penalties 3-20 and 8-93

http://espn.go.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=400791627

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

That doesn't explain the 2nd half when the bengals went 80 and 90 yards down the field with ease on their first two possessions for touchdowns.

How many times did our offense go 3 and out last year only to have our defense hold strong?

You want to make excuses for the defense go ahead.

What is your point?

They still scored 34 points and made it look easy on this defense.

All I'm saying is this team isn't losing because of injury. It's losing because our coaching staff has been lackluster and our defense isn't what it should be.(because of coaching)

There might have been a disconnect as I didn't follow the entire discussion. I have said as much myself. "good" teams find a way to win with injured players.

After the Bills initial TD drive there were 4 straight 3 play drives. giving the Bungles - 1st and 10 at BUF 49, then 1st and 10 at BUF 45, then 1st and 10 at CIN 45 and 1st and 10 at BUF 36.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=400791627

I do agree that the defense stunk by allowing 24 straight points. But you still need to factor in the other variables.

All I'm saying is this team isn't losing because of injury. It's losing because our coaching staff has been lackluster and our defense isn't what it should be.(because of coaching)

I hate to be agreeing with so many of the board's more negative outlook posters.... I am usually a positive kind of guy... but you and FireChan are right on the money in this thread in my opinion.

Bills play up or down to the level of their competition. They need to play good teams.

Don't get me wrong -- I wish this was true. It would be a source of optimism for the rest of the season. But ... I don't recall the Bills rising to the occasion and taking it to the 2 undefeated teams we've played this year, both at home ....

That doesn't explain the 2nd half when the bengals went 80 and 90 yards down the field with ease on their first two possessions for touchdowns.

How many times did our offense go 3 and out last year only to have our defense hold strong?

What is your point?

I am not making excuses Scott, I am trying to look at the whole picture.

It would be ideal to not have any team sustain a drive of 5 or more, but for the most part any team and and usually will have long sustained scoring drive.

WRT 34 points .... There are 3 teams in the AFC that are undefeated @ 7-0 (2 of those the Bills have played)

Why are we arguing the same thing? Did Metz hack your account?

Health had nothing to do with our defense getting blasted at home against the bengals.

I'd say we are 3-4 because of bad coaching not due to injury.

Scott,

Everyone knows you are a glass is half empty kinda guy.....but try to dig a little deeper?

This just in.....the Bengals have a GOOD OFFENSE

When you starting with great field position for half the game.......your gonna eventually give up points.

When your offense is so banged up they cant convert 3rd downs and stay on the field....your gonna give up points

What is your point?

We lost to the jaguars because Manuel threw 2 pick sixes and fumbled, and before we knew it were were down 27-3. So yes, one of our losses are attributed to injury. The one that everyone is constantly harping on.

We lost to the jaguars because Manuel threw 2 pick sixes and fumbled, and before we knew it were were down 27-3. So yes, one of our losses are attributed to injury. The one that everyone is constantly harping on.

2 Pick Sixes?? The Legend of EJ Manuel arises !!!!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/playbyplay/NFL_20151025_BUF@JAC

I laugh at posters who dont think our injuries are not a big reason why we have lost games.....seriously

Yes, injuries matter so does having depth at each position.

2 Pick Sixes?? The Legend of EJ Manuel arises !!!!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/playbyplay/NFL_20151025_BUF@JAC

Yes, injuries matter so does having depth at each position.

Sorry I was mistaken. Fumble six, pick six, and another pick that resulted in an offensive TD. I am a Manuel supporter, but that was just awful and is the reason we lost the game.

Sorry I was mistaken. Fumble six, pick six, and another pick that resulted in an offensive TD. I am a Manuel supporter, but that was just awful and is the reason we lost the game.

I just went through 6 offensive series for the bills

In that time not only did the above happen.....but he

- THrew a pass that should have been an easy TD to Gragg.......but he fricken threw a horrible pass

- Threw TWO balls in the dirt in front of Robert Woods....in which Woods was wide open

- Thew a ball that was thrown so poorly Woods had to leap for the ball to catch it behind him

- Held the ball for no explainable reason and took sacks

Lets not act like EJ went through 5 minutes of anarchy and that was it....it was more like good passes here and there mixed in with a ton of bad

What needs to happen is the Bills MUST win 6 or more of the next 9 to get a WC couples with the following results.

Bills @ 3-4
8-Nov Miami Dolphins W
12-Nov @ New York Jets W
23-Nov @ New England Patriots L
29-Nov @ Kansas City Chiefs W
6-Dec Houston Texans W
13-Dec @ Philadelphia Eagles W
20-Dec @ Washington Redskins W
27-Dec Dallas Cowboys L
3-Jan New York Jets W

Steelers @ 4-4
9 Sun 8-Nov Oakland Raiders W
10 Sun 15-Nov Cleveland Browns W
11 Bye Week
12 Sun 29-Nov @ Seattle Seahawks L
13 Sun 6-Dec Indianapolis Colts W
14 Sun 13-Dec @ Cincinnati Bengals L
15 Sun 20-Dec Denver Broncos L
16 Sun 27-Dec @ Baltimore Ravens L
17 Sun 3-Jan @ Cleveland Browns W

Raiders @ 4-3
8-Nov @ Pittsburgh Steelers L
15-Nov Minnesota Vikings W
22-Nov @ Detroit Lions W
29-Nov @ Tennessee Titans L
6-Dec Kansas City Chiefs W
13-Dec @ Denver Broncos L
20-Dec Green Bay Packers L
24-Dec San Diego Chargers W
3-Jan @ Kansas City Chiefs L

Jets @ 4-3
8-Nov Jacksonville Jaguars W
12-Nov Buffalo Bills L
22-Nov @ Houston Texans L
29-Nov Miami Dolphins W
6-Dec @ New York Giants L
13-Dec Tennessee Titans W
19-Dec @ Dallas Cowboys L
27-Dec New England Patriots L
3-Jan @ Buffalo Bills L

I don't get why people have to find 1 reason or another as the exclusive reason we have lost games. There have been numerous factors in each of our losses. Those include (but are not limited to) (and in no particular order)

1. The quality of opponent faced

2. injuries

3. penalties

4. errors in executing/understanding the game plans and new offensive and defensive schemes

5. EJ's turn overs.

6. McCoy's fumble on the 4yd line vs Jax

7. Defense allowing Jags to drive the length of the field after coming back from a catastrophic first half to have a late 4th qtr lead

8. stupid play calls and coaching decisions

9. officiating

10. bad luck (opponent has tipped ball go right to them for a pick, we have tipped ball go away from our defender). Luck plays a part. Usually evens out, though.

11. bad passes, dropped passes, missed block, missed holes, missed assignments, etc.

These are the things that came to mind. I am sure there are others. My point is, people should look at the entire picture and not look to place blame on one specific person, play or action.

I don't get why people have to find 1 reason or another as the exclusive reason we have lost games. There have been numerous factors in each of our losses. Those include (but are not limited to) (and in no particular order)

1. The quality of opponent faced

2. injuries

3. penalties

4. errors in executing/understanding the game plans and new offensive and defensive schemes

5. EJ's turn overs.

6. McCoy's fumble on the 4yd line vs Jax

7. Defense allowing Jags to drive the length of the field after coming back from a catastrophic first half to have a late 4th qtr lead

8. stupid play calls and coaching decisions

9. officiating

10. bad luck (opponent has tipped ball go right to them for a pick, we have tipped ball go away from our defender). Luck plays a part. Usually evens out, though.

11. bad passes, dropped passes, missed block, missed holes, missed assignments, etc.

These are the things that came to mind. I am sure there are others. My point is, people should look at the entire picture and not look to place blame on one specific person, play or action.

I have no doubt in my mind that if EJ had not turned the ball over and put us down 20-3 in short order that we would have dominated that game. I obviously can't prove it, but it shows in the fact that we came back from such a deficit that we were a much better team than the jaguars.

So no EJ's turnovers aren't the only reason we lost the game, but it was the largest contributing factor.

I have no doubt in my mind that if EJ had not turned the ball over and put us down 20-3 in short order that we would have dominated that game. I obviously can't prove it, but it shows in the fact that we came back from such a deficit that we were a much better team than the jaguars.

So no EJ's turnovers aren't the only reason we lost the game, but it was the largest single contributing factor.

Yes. It reminded me of the game I was at in Jacksonville where I turned away from believing in Rob Johnson. He was terrible. Jauron played a Cover 2 defense, and Jacksonville did that day all day. You'd think that RJ would be well versed in attacking a Cover 2 (I'll throw the OC in there with that too), but the game plan stunk, and RJ stunk worse. I never believed in him after that.

EJ's floating in that same territory now... IMHO.

I can't read the entire article since I don't have ESPN Insider, but ESPN believes that the Bills have the 2nd toughest remaining schedule, which obviously makes the playoffs an even tougher proposition. I am sure at least a portion of that is the number of road games left, but also likely factors in 2 games left with the Jets, a road game against the Cheats, and the prospect of facing a healthy Dallas team. This is where the losses to the Giants and the Jags will really come back to bite the team.

Oh, and Rex sucks big time.

sweet, getting that QB just got easier.