Bills have 2nd Toughest Remaining Schedule

I can't read the entire article since I don't have ESPN Insider, but ESPN believes that the Bills have the 2nd toughest remaining schedule, which obviously makes the playoffs an even tougher proposition. I am sure at least a portion of that is the number of road games left, but also likely factors in 2 games left with the Jets, a road game against the Cheats, and the prospect of facing a healthy Dallas team. This is where the losses to the Giants and the Jags will really come back to bite the team.

Oh, and Rex sucks big time.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya wgr tried this last year with schopp and bulldog and their numbers.....didnt go according to the numbers. You have no idea how teams are going to be playing by the time you get to them...who will get hurt, or be out for the year. Our season is in front of us the questions is those bashing Rex will you have the decency to post any type of I was wrong post if you are? that rarely RARELY happens

Edited by CardinalScotts

"Winnable" games if we are healthy at key positions:

miami

jets

houston

skins

maybes:

boys (if Romo is still out)

jets (away)

philly

opponents combined: 31-34, buoyed heavily by NE's 7-0

The opponents losses are weighed down a bit by the Cowboys' losses since Romo went down. Also, Philly and the Skins are playing better ball now compared to beginning of the year. I still think the Bills' best and only realistic hope is that 9-7 gets them a wild card. 10-6 seems to be a stretch at this point.

ya wgr tried this last year with schopp and bulldog and their numbers.....didnt go according to the numbers. You have no idea how teams are going to be playing by the time you get to them...who will get hurt, or be out for the year. Our season is in front of us the questions is those bashing Rex will you have the decency to post any type of I was wrong post if you are? that rarely RARELY happens

If the Bills make it to 11-5 I will glady concede I was wrong about Rex sucking. If they make it to 10-6, I will concede he does not suck as badly as I thought. If they end up 9-7, I will stand by my assertion that he sucks because Doug Marrone made it to 9-7 with what virtually everyone acknowledges was a less talented team. Will you have the decency to admit Rex is just a blowhard who stinks as a head coach if they go 8-8 or worse?

It depends. If our defense has one good half, or a good game, no. If our defense plays very well for the rest of the season? Yes.

The same folks who preach patience with Rex are the same ones who will be quick to crown him and make "I told you so" posts on the first 3 and out. It's the exact same thing with EJ. Say, "we need to be patient," then call out the "haters" when he completes his first pass.

Fingers crossed Rex gets it together and strings together 3-4 wins. We need it.

If the Bills make it to 11-5 I will glady concede I was wrong about Rex sucking. If they make it to 10-6, I will concede he does not suck as badly as I thought. If they end up 9-7, I will stand by my assertion that he sucks because Doug Marrone made it to 9-7 with what virtually everyone acknowledges was a less talented team. Will you have the decency to admit Rex is just a blowhard who stinks as a head coach if they go 8-8 or worse?

What did Marrone contribute to that 9-7 team? The offense was historically bad including his specialty (o-line), and the defense was Schwartz.

We're joking, right? We have NE, but Miami coming off a bye, the Jets on a short week possibly before their QB situation is at full health.

We play Houston and KC, who are scraping the bottom of a low AFC. We play Dallas at home in winter. Philly and Washington both have losing records. I was hearing how easy the schedule was looking and that we should resist penciling in wins.

This is what you get when you kill Grantland ESPN.

It depends. If our defense has one good half, or a good game, no. If our defense plays very well for the rest of the season? Yes.

The same folks who preach patience with Rex are the same ones who will be quick to crown him and make "I told you so" posts on the first 3 and out. It's the exact same thing with EJ. Say, "we need to be patient," then call out the "haters" when he completes his first pass.

Fingers crossed Rex gets it together and strings together 3-4 wins. We need it.

Both the Dolphins, Jets games look winnable, and those W's put the Bills at 5-4.

Mia

@Jets

@ NE

@KC

Hou

@Phil

@Wash

Dal

Jets

Who hired Schwartz?

And the offense was not "historically bad." Words mean things.

Oh ok then I guess Rex gets credit for the offensive turnaround.

Also yes it was historically bad. In 2025 we will look back in history, and say that offense was horrible, and is the reason we didn't make the playoffs.

We will also say Marrone was awful.

"Winnable" games if we are healthy at key positions:

miami

jets

houston

skins

jets (away)

KC

maybes:

boys (if Romo is still out)

jets (away)

philly

opponents combined: 31-34, buoyed heavily by NE's 7-0

good point.

Other than the Jets (who will be under soon enough in my opinion) 1 team has a winning record.

What is with all of this gloom and doom? Where is the Tyrod Taylor enthusiasm? As Horrible as EJ was the Bills offense still put up points with Shady back in the game.

Win 6 or 7 of the next 9 and I believe the Bills will finally make it!!

Go Bills!

Edited by NOVABillsFan