Bills have 2nd Toughest Remaining Schedule

Oh ok then I guess Rex gets credit for the offensive turnaround.

Also yes it was historically bad. In 2025 we will look back in history, and say that offense was horrible, and is the reason we didn't make the playoffs.

We will also say Marrone was awful.

He does. He hired Roman, who has brought us from the 26th ranked offense to the 24th ranked offense. "Turnaround," indeed.

Lol, "historically bad" means we'll look back in history? I love these new definitions.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He does. He hired Roman, who has brought us from the 26th ranked offense to the 24th ranked offense. "Turnaround," indeed.

Lol, "historically bad" means we'll look back in history? I love these new definitions.

The Bills are currently ranked 9th in points per game. Last year they were 18th. I know you were looking at yards per game, but the red zone was particularly bad last year.

As for your snarky attitude toward my comment, I know what I meant and was clarifying but that's not on your agenda to comprehend rather than bash is it?

Also it is ok to say it - Marrone was awful.

Edited by What a Tuel

The Bills are currently ranked 9th in points per game. Last year they were 18th. I know you were looking at yards per game, but the red zone was particularly bad last year.

As for your snarky attitude toward my comment, I know what I meant and was clarifying but that's not on your agenda to comprehend rather than bash is it?

I don't have an agenda.

If the defense keeps this up, would you call it "historically bad," because we'll look back at it in ten years and it was the reason we didn't make the postseason? I don't think you would. "Agenda" indeed.

Oh ok then I guess Rex gets credit for the offensive turnaround.

Also yes it was historically bad. In 2025 we will look back in history, and say that offense was horrible, and is the reason we didn't make the playoffs.

We will also say Marrone was awful.

and the defense getting scorched by Oakland didn't help our cause either.

I don't have an agenda.

If the defense keeps this up, would you call it "historically bad," because we'll look back at it in ten years and it was the reason we didn't make the postseason? I don't think you would. "Agenda" indeed.

Come on man. That offense last year was straight up awful. The defense this year is playing decent, but not as expected. Last year we had little hope for winning offensively and hoped for our defense saving the day. I mean remember Detroit? Kansas City? Miami #2? Cleveland? Ugh.

If the defense let's Fitzpatrick, Tannehill, Smith, Hoyer, or Cousins throw all over them, then yes I will say they are getting bad.

and the defense getting scorched by Oakland didn't help our cause either.

True that was a bad loss but we wouldn't of made the playoffs with a win there anyway. I could be wrong on that, but I think the AFC North shut us out of the playoffs later that night.

Edited by What a Tuel

Come on man. That offense last year was straight up awful. The defense this year is playing decent, but not as expected. Last year we had little hope for winning offensively and hoped for our defense saving the day. I mean remember Detroit? Kansas City? Miami #2? Cleveland? Ugh.

If the defense let's Fitzpatrick, Tannehill, Smith, Hoyer, or Cousins throw all over them, then yes I will say they are getting bad.

True that was a bad loss but we wouldn't of made the playoffs with a win there anyway. I could be wrong on that, but I think the AFC North shut us out of the playoffs later that night.

No one is saying the offense wasn't bad. I just think there's a difference between bad and historically bad. The defense vs Brady this year was historically bad, because he set historical records against us. It wasn't historically bad vs the Giants. Edited by FireChan

No one is saying the offense wasn't bad. I just think there's a difference between bad and historically bad. The defense vs Brady this year was historically bad, because he set historical records against us. It wasn't historically bad vs the Giants.

I think it's semantics but I get your point. I take it as historically significant, and not having to be a historical record holder as the worst.

The opponents losses are weighed down a bit by the Cowboys' losses since Romo went down. Also, Philly and the Skins are playing better ball now compared to beginning of the year. I still think the Bills' best and only realistic hope is that 9-7 gets them a wild card. 10-6 seems to be a stretch at this point.

I dont see 6 more wins. Especially when you cant beat the teams your supposed to.

If the Bills make it to 11-5 I will glady concede I was wrong about Rex sucking. If they make it to 10-6, I will concede he does not suck as badly as I thought. If they end up 9-7, I will stand by my assertion that he sucks because Doug Marrone made it to 9-7 with what virtually everyone acknowledges was a less talented team. Will you have the decency to admit Rex is just a blowhard who stinks as a head coach if they go 8-8 or worse?

with the injuries on this team through 7 games ? no completely not fair to judge, I'm not going to list out the games missed by our starters I won't have room. They win a game with Boom Herron and Boobie Dixon as your running backs and we look around like what's the problem?? seriously ?? pulling guys off the couch is a bit different than playing with YOUR STARTERS.....that being said they have the whole season laid out in front of them -if they do not make a run and miss the playoffs I'll admit not as good of a coach as I thought get to 4-4...then get to no worse than 5-5 with 6 to play....each year is completely different your schedule, your injuries, other teams injuries, sometimes 11 wins and your left out other years 9 wins and your in. Don't really care the object was playoffs not win a game more than Marrone.

I dont see 6 more wins. Especially when you cant beat the teams your supposed to.

but you can see the jets or dolphins or exactly who getting the other wild card?.....they aren't beating the teams their suppose to either

Edited by CardinalScotts

with the injuries on this team through 7 games ? no completely not fair to judge, I'm not going to list out the games missed by our starters I won't have room. They win a game with Boom Herron and Boobie Dixon as your running backs and we look around like what's the problem?? seriously ?? pulling guys off the couch is a bit different than playing with YOUR STARTERS.....that being said they have the whole season laid out in front of them -if they do not make a run and miss the playoffs I'll admit not as good of a coach as I thought get to 4-4...then get to no worse than 5-5 with 6 to play....each year is completely different your schedule, your injuries, other teams injuries, sometimes 11 wins and your left out other years 9 wins and your in. Don't really care the object was playoffs not win a game more than Marrone.

but you can see the jets or dolphins or exactly who getting the other wild card?.....they aren't beating the teams their suppose to either

We had almost the exact same injuries last season.

Steelers and Raiders

ya wgr tried this last year with schopp and bulldog and their numbers.....didnt go according to the numbers. You have no idea how teams are going to be playing by the time you get to them...who will get hurt, or be out for the year. Our season is in front of us the questions is those bashing Rex will you have the decency to post any type of I was wrong post if you are? that rarely RARELY happens

Yes. How dare anyone bash Rex. Most talented team in years and we are in same spot we are always in. A likely 16th year of no playoffs. Defense is far worse(Rexs specialty) than it was last year. Can't for the life of me understand why anyone would be upset.

scheduling is no excuse for Bills this season. We drew weakest division in each conference (AFC South, NFC East), and outside of Pats the other AFC East opponents are nothing special.

Agreed. I fully expected 4-0 against the AFC South it is terrible. That game dropped in London is going to hurt us.

"Winnable" games if we are healthy at key positions:

miami 3-4

jets 4-3

houston 3-5

skins 3-4

maybes:

boys (if Romo is still out) 2-5

jets (away) 4-3

philly 3-4

opponents combined: 31-34, buoyed heavily by NE's 7-0

So I just placed everyone's record. If this is the second toughest remaining schedule, that is pathetic, The Jets and Patriots are the only teams with winning records.

He is still implying that offensive yards per game is more important than points scored. Too funny - Typical F Chan and that is why he's on my ignore list.

IIRC last season he argued the same when Orton took over for EJ and the Offense had more passing yards yet the total ranking dropped somewhere in the range of 7 to 9 spots.

Historically curious - When was the last time a team scored 19 points against the Cheatriots in the 4th QTR?

Yes, we can be disappointing in the Defensive output from last season.

2 comments

1) after setting the sack record in 2013 with 57 and the 54 sacks last season I expected a drop off

2) When any coach switched from a 4-3 to 3-4 there is always a drop off until the correct adjustments are made and or learned.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever