Syracuse Basketball 2015-2016

inkman

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free Frank Howard! The guy reminds me of Dion Waiters. Needs more coaching and PT though. Great games for silent G and DC2 tonight.

Go Orange...7th in the ACC

Agree re Howard, though I noticed that he did get some good PT and subbed for G, Cooney, and even the forwards (dropping G to a 4).

I think he is a Lazarus Sims type guy-- really great passer.

Agree re Howard, though I noticed that he did get some good PT and subbed for G, Cooney, and even the forwards (dropping G to a 4).

I think he is a Lazarus Sims type guy-- really great passer.

Interesting comparison. I actually saw Sims play against my high school a long time ago before he even committed to Syracuse. Was fun to see.

I think at this point Frank's skill set lends itself more to playing the point. Great vision and distributor. I guess I'm just waiting for him to explode to the rim and throw one down like Dion. He seems to have similar athletic prowess. We shall see.

what a great game, DC2 was the reason that game got out of hand the way it did, well that and shooting 65% from the floor. Holy Crap does Silent G have some mad leaping abilities. The defense is playing better than they have played in a long time. Both Tylers are forces to be reckoned with and Malachi is working his way to an early exit, he is REALLY good! We may not be a highly ranked team, but this team is built for a 4-5 game set of games

Interesting comparison. I actually saw Sims play against my high school a long time ago before he even committed to Syracuse. Was fun to see.

I think at this point Frank's skill set lends itself more to playing the point. Great vision and distributor. I guess I'm just waiting for him to explode to the rim and throw one down like Dion. He seems to have similar athletic prowess. We shall see.

My buddy compared Howard to Billy Edelin in progress (but still needs to work on finishing).

Pretty funny that everyone is comparing him to someone else.

I love Franklin Howard's game. Silky smooth. Has any player fallen more out of favor than Caleb Joseph? He only plays with the practice guys.

He be gone next year. Transfer to Iona or some other mid-major.

Kaleb was just a busted consolation prize for not landing Rysheed Jordan. Sadly, I don't think the kid has the sack to play big time college basketball.

He be gone next year. Transfer to Iona or some other mid-major.

Kaleb was just a busted consolation prize for not landing Rysheed Jordan. Sadly, I don't think the kid has the sack to play big time college basketball.

I'm sure he'll be gone but I don't know if I saw enough of him to get a good read. Oh well...

There was a rumor in Bonaland last month that he might come to Bonas. His prep school teammate is one of our starters.

I don't think he's good enough, though - since you guys are 38 in the RPI and we're 33 - you're dragging down our strength of schedule!

There was a rumor in Bonaland last month that he might come to Bonas. His prep school teammate is one of our starters.

I don't think he's good enough, though - since you guys are 38 in the RPI and we're 33 - you're dragging down our strength of schedule!

Scoreboard :)

I actually think KJ would be a good addition for Bona. I think he's athletic enough, is a decent shooter and can certainly bring the ball up the court, but he just doesn't have the balls for playing in the spotlight. We'll send you KJ and Chino in a package deal for a case of basketballs ;)

Scoreboard :)

I actually think KJ would be a good addition for Bona. I think he's athletic enough, is a decent shooter and can certainly bring the ball up the court, but he just doesn't have the balls for playing in the spotlight. We'll send you KJ and Chino in a package deal for a case of basketballs ;)

That's a deal - you just can't have about 7 of our returning players. He seems like he'd be a good complement to our excellent guards that will be around for a few more years.

When I went there, we had an SU transfer named Mike Sheehy, who had a very nice, although of course short, career for the Bonnies. Hitting a 3 pointer to beat Rutgers in double overtime was the highlight of his career, but he was very solid throughout.

Actually, now that I think about it - his son, Will, has been a big contributor to Indiana in recent years. Probably graduated last year.

So, I'm curious -- will the 'Cuse fans around here watch the Battle of the Blues tonight? Any rooting interests?

I always, always root against Dook. Despise them. I think it stems all the way back to the Laettner/Hurley years. Go Heels.

Added bonus....I think a Dook loss could potentially result in better ACC tourney seeding for Syracuse.

I always, always root against Dook. Despise them. I think it stems all the way back to the Laettner/Hurley years. Go Heels.

Added bonus....I think a Dook loss could potentially result in better ACC tourney seeding for Syracuse.

I want Duke to win. They are our most impressive win in ACC play, and so want them to be ranked high at the end of the year.

I want Duke to win. They are our most impressive win in ACC play, and so want them to be ranked high at the end of the year.

I get your logic, but I just can't bring myself to cheer for Duke. It would be like French kissing my sister. I don't exactly know why, as I really respect Coach K, but I despise them.

It's almost a must-win for Carolina. Lose at home to an outmanned Dook squad and their postseason hopes take a serious hit. I'm counting on them coming out and getting the job done. Their win vs. Pitt on Sunday was one of their best performances of the season.