Trouble with Colin Kaepernick?

FireChan

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kap played in a SuperBowl. And Roman was his former OC. His play has steadily regressed post-read option fad. Is it worth kicking the tires still?

If no one wants to pay him starter loot, they can bring him aboard as back up while they draft a future guy. Taylor stays the #1, I accept my unwise #3 jersey purchase two years ago and we move on.

I think the book on Kaep is already in paperback and on every DCs bookshelf.

That said, cant underestimate the value of a change of scenery.

Dallas...Jets....Skins?

I've been hearing rumblings in Philly that they might want him. The Chip bots think that if they can get a running QB, they could get the perfect mix for Chip's system and there is no way Bradford has played up to his $13M contract.

What about a straight-up trade of EJ for Kap, wouldn't that be fair, since he could very well be their #2 QB, and EJ is ours? EJ likely will be looking for a fresh start, a new chance to build his career, and SF might offer that... And Kap at least won't be walking into a COMPLETELY foreign world by playing under Roman.

I should preface this with the fact that I haven't kept track of Kap out in SF, so I don't know exactly how terrible he has been, and this may true ly be a downgrade to go from EJ to Kap, but this last game sold to me that EJ just isn't going to do it at this level.

I know most of you guys got there already, but I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt... But this Jacksonville game did it for me. Yes, he rallied the team, but the team rallied to make up for terrible mistakes he made earlier, which any competent QB probably doesn't do... At least not to the extent EJ does/did. I feel bad, though, because this is a clear case of the good guy not winning, as I really like who EJ appears to be as a person, and a man.

The Niners will be drafting a QB this next draft.... and cue the Bills fans who will want Kaepernick as QB because he played well for a year or so. Just like they want RG3, Ryan Mallett, and every other lousy option out there.

Understand guys that last year the 49ers had a top 10 defense, and were the #4 team in the NFL in rushing with a very solid offensive line. a 1k rusher in Gore, a good WR corps with Bolden, Stevie, Crabtree, Vernon Davis.That 2014 team went 8-8 mostly because of bad QB play!

This year they are 2-6 mostly because of bad QB play. You guys complain about EJ, and yet Kaepernick threw 4 INT's against Arizona while going 9 of 19 for 67 yards passing ALL GAME!

Holy crap if EJ had a game that bad we would find him the next day somewhere in Buffalo on a cross with spikes in his hands, and feet!!

Kap played in a SuperBowl. And Roman was his former OC. His play has steadily regressed post-read option fad. Is it worth kicking the tires still?

I'd wind up and take a kick at that tire. Hook him back up with Roman. Let him do his thing. Air it out and run for big yardage.