This fan needed the bye week, also...

In years past, when the bye week came, I don't know about you, but it was an empty feeling of not watching my Bills take the field.

Even though the previous years ended similarly to one after the other, it seemed like when the bye week rolled around, there was always that glimmer of hope that kept us all hooked that things would turn out favorably for us (even though they haven't).

This year, it was different for me. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm as much of a die-hard, devoted long time Bills fan as many of you are, but after the London debacle, coupled with going 1-3 in our first four home games, I actually can say for the first time in a long time, I genuinely enjoyed the break!

It was nice to just relax, watch my NFL Sunday Ticket all day and evening, and not have to worry about my blood pressure being driven up by incompetent play calling, mounting injuries to more key players, or abysmal NFL officiating.

It was relaxing. It was peaceful. And I can only hope that the week off helped our Bills not only get healthy, but gain some perspective on the task at hand. Hopefully, this Sunday at the Ralph against Miami, we see a different team. A healthier team. A more DISCIPLINED team then the one we left across the pond in week 7.

Hopefully, the Bills also recognize the following:

-Nobody in the division is going to realistically challenge the Patriots. I despise this more than anything, but it's reality.

-You cannot defeat an NFL team AND the officials at the same time. Yes, the word is out about our lack of discipline. Its not a conspiracy. Its a fact! The refs are watching us more than anybody. Be smart, be focused.

-EJ Manuel was once the third QB on the depth chart for a reason. That was made abundantly clear against the Jacksonville Jaguars. He will be out of football period within 3 years. Find another option for "plan B" if you're going to rely on "plan A" running every chance he gets. if not, the season is shot. Yes, I understand that the FA QB crop is slim pickins. But EJ Manuel is one of the worst quarterbacks I have ever seen. EVER!

With everything that went down in week 8 in the AFC, were still not in a bad spot as far as the playoffs go. But this needs to be a completely different team in virtually every aspect if we realistically have a shot.

GO BILLS!

I enjoyed the bye week as well. Came by here (at least the main board) much less frequently, which improved my mood. I enjoyed following the World Series and Sabres, and watched some stress-free football yesterday afternoon.

The way things worked out the Bills are in better shape today than they were following the trip to London. A wild card spot in the AFC is absolutely possible. I'm ready to lace up the cleats, buckle the chinstrap, and head back out there!

In years past, when the bye week came, I don't know about you, but it was an empty feeling of not watching my Bills take the field.

Even though the previous years ended similarly to one after the other, it seemed like when the bye week rolled around, there was always that glimmer of hope that kept us all hooked that things would turn out favorably for us (even though they haven't).

This year, it was different for me. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm as much of a die-hard, devoted long time Bills fan as many of you are, but after the London debacle, coupled with going 1-3 in our first four home games, I actually can say for the first time in a long time, I genuinely enjoyed the break!

It was nice to just relax, watch my NFL Sunday Ticket all day and evening, and not have to worry about my blood pressure being driven up by incompetent play calling, mounting injuries to more key players, or abysmal NFL officiating.

It was relaxing. It was peaceful. And I can only hope that the week off helped our Bills not only get healthy, but gain some perspective on the task at hand. Hopefully, this Sunday at the Ralph against Miami, we see a different team. A healthier team. A more DISCIPLINED team then the one we left across the pond in week 7.

Hopefully, the Bills also recognize the following:

-Nobody in the division is going to realistically challenge the Patriots. I despise this more than anything, but it's reality.

-You cannot defeat an NFL team AND the officials at the same time. Yes, the word is out about our lack of discipline. Its not a conspiracy. Its a fact! The refs are watching us more than anybody. Be smart, be focused.

-EJ Manuel was once the third QB on the depth chart for a reason. That was made abundantly clear against the Jacksonville Jaguars. He will be out of football period within 3 years. Find another option for "plan B" if you're going to rely on "plan A" running every chance he gets. if not, the season is shot. Yes, I understand that the FA QB crop is slim pickins. But EJ Manuel is one of the worst quarterbacks I have ever seen. EVER!

With everything that went down in week 8 in the AFC, were still not in a bad spot as far as the playoffs go. But this needs to be a completely different team in virtually every aspect if we realistically have a shot.

GO BILLS!

That may be optimistic for EJ

Edited by The Thurmanator

I immensely enjoyed playing winemaker from 1-3pm and watching a good team continue to win in all three phases of their games: The Bengals.

I don't know if Rex will magically become better after bye weeks. It's going to take a magical run to get to the playoffs at this point.

I enjoyed the bye week as well. Came by here (at least the main board) much less frequently, which improved my mood. I enjoyed following the World Series and Sabres, and watched some stress-free football yesterday afternoon.

The Sabres are starting to look like a team earlier than I expected! The big kid goalie looks better every game as well. Should be a fun season!

Edited by CodeMonkey

I enjoyed the bye week. Went over my buddies place who has the Sunday Ticket and we watched the the Bengals-Steelers game and followed along all the other ones. Drank some brews and ate pizza and wings without having the stress looming over from watching the Bills. There were also some great games on yesterday....Hooray for the BYE WEEK :beer:

I recalled i have family on Sundays too.

Got lotsa stuff done and enjoyed the day for what it was. a Fall day turning to winter. Ran the dogs around cleaned up the yard, took crap to the road for pickup and looked for the snow shovels. not bad at all.

ready for some Bills football again !

Go Bills!