Browns reportedly have Alex Mack, Joe Thomas on trade block

YoloinOhio

@RapSheet: The #Browns have engaged in discussions about potentially trading two of their best players: LT Joe Thomas and C Alex Mack, sources say.

Mack has a no trade clause as a result of Browns marching the transition tag offer sheet Jax gave him last year - but he can waive it if he wants out early

@RapSheet: Joe Thomas has no guaranteed money for 2016, but a salary of $9M. Alex Mack could opt-out of his deal. Would want value if hes gonna bolt

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RapSheet: The #Browns have engaged in discussions about potentially trading two of their best players: LT Joe Thomas and C Alex Mack, sources say.

Mack has a no trade clause as a result of Browns marching the transition tag offer sheet Jax gave him last year - but he can waive it if he wants out early

@RapSheet: Joe Thomas has no guaranteed money for 2016, but a salary of $9M. Alex Mack could opt-out of his deal. Would want value if hes gonna bolt

Depends on the price as always. As a Bills fan, either one of these guys would help us!

It has been remarkably quiet at 1BD lately, No? I'm wondering if they are working on anything!

@JasonLaCanfora: Browns would likely have to eat chunks of big OL and DL salaries to be able to move guys like Mack and Kruger

Hmmm - a Roman guy here

@JasonLaCanfora: Teams have been talking to 49ers about their OL. Sense they get is Staley more available than some others

Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't know how we would do this or for whom but we could sure use some help on the O-line.

'Cog seems solid and Wood much improved (if sometimes confused) but Henderson and Glenn - Ay yie yie yie CarUMba!

"Ground and Pound is more like Mush and Slush", describes it

i could see the pats ending up with mack or thomas.

I don't think so? The Pats strategy is to make the line work with rookies, which is going fine for them as long as they can count on Brady to get the ball out quickly and the refs to blast any opponent who lays a finger on him late.

As opposed to players like our Tyrod or Cam Newton who can have a DL knock him down on a false start and come away with a ref handshake.

Depends on the price as always. As a Bills fan, either one of these guys would help us!

It has been remarkably quiet at 1BD lately, No? I'm wondering if they are working on anything!

The Bills should have at least some interest. Yes, it has been quiet at one Bills drive ( and everywhere else) . It's called the NFL " regular season". For anyone not paying attention, it's a bit different than say, MLB or the NHL.