HOLD YOUR HORSES!

NavyBillsFan

Armed forces Network reported that Sudden Death is going on right now and both sides are about 2-3 million away from the cap! Last reports were that the league went to 42 million and the players fell to about 46-47!!! Anything floating around on ESPN?

Im really pissed it has come to this but I would love a little hockey and to see my Sabres play!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So let's think about this...

IF we have like 20 games to play and we win most of em, then we would make the playoffs huh?

240709[/snapback]

Not the Sabres man, the next thing will be the "Phantom Game". The 27th game in a 26 game season that appeared as a win for Montreal and put them in the playoffs by one point over the Sabres

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1992364

Dear Bob:

We attempted to reach out to you with yesterday's offer of a team maximum cap of $42.2 million ($40 million in salary and $2.2 million in benefits) which was not linked to league-wide revenues. As Bill told Ted, "de-linking" a maximum team salary cap from league revenues and total league-wide player compensation has always been problematic for us, especially since we cannot now quantify the damage to the League from the lockout. This presents the risk we will pay out more than we can afford. As you know, if all 30 teams were to spend to the maximum we proposed, and if the damage to our business is as we discussed at our meetings in New York, then the league would continue to lose money.

I know, as do you, that the "deal" we can make will only get worse for the players if we cancel the season -- whatever damage we have suffered to date will pale in comparison to the damage from a cancelled season and we will certainly not be able to afford what is presently on the table. Accordingly, I am making one final effort to reach out to make a deal that will let us play this season.

We are increasing our offer of yesterday by increasing the maximum individual team cap to $44.7 million ($42.5 million in salary and $2.2 million in benefits). This offer is not an invitation to begin negotiations -- it's too late for that.

This is our last effort to make a deal that's fair to the players and one that the clubs (hopefully) can afford. We have no more flexibility and there is no time for further negotiation.

If this offer is acceptable, please let me know by 11:00 A.M. tomorrow, in advance of my scheduled press conference. Hopefully, the press conference will not be necessary.

Sincerely,

Gary B. Bettman

Commissioner

Armed forces Network reported that Sudden Death is going on right now and both sides are about 2-3 million away from the cap!  Last reports were that the league went to 42 million and the players fell to about 46-47!!!  Anything floating around on ESPN?

Im really pissed it has come to this but I would love a little hockey and to see my Sabres play!

240687[/snapback]

If that's true than I'd expect a settlement tomorrow. No way they let the season die over a $4MM difference.

No way they let the season die over a $4MM difference.

240751[/snapback]

Based on what? Their negotiating track record so far? :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if the idiots running the NHLPA threw it back in Bettman's face, thinking "He's bluffing, just play hardball and he'll cave."

Based on what?  Their negotiating track record so far?  :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if the idiots running the NHLPA threw it back in Bettman's face, thinking "He's bluffing, just play hardball and he'll cave."

240755[/snapback]

They will, and im sure they are overheating the friggin fax machine as we speak on this crap. They will reach a deal at midnight tonight. You can see it coming.

I would of loved to of seen all the AHL moved up to the NHL and also bring in some guys from the ECHL.

Then tell all the former NHLers that the fans of NHL hockey wish you the best. Handed them a check for a $1.50 for their troubles and shown the door

Based on what?  Their negotiating track record so far?  :lol:

240755[/snapback]

I think they know better than that now. Did you read Jay McKee's comments? The players know they are fugged.

I think they know better than that now.  Did you read Jay McKee's comments?  The players know they are fugged.

240776[/snapback]

Based on Jay McKee's comments, it sounds like the players don't even know what's going on. Nice *Players* Union they got there. :lol:

A 42 million dollar cap?  What's the point? 

Ticket prices stay crazy and hockey stays irrelevent.

240762[/snapback]

Trust me, 42 Million will make a huge difference. Detroit and those teams are around 70-80 million right now.

What the 42 million will do is weaken those teams, making even the 30 million dollar Sabres a contender every year.

No more 3rd and 4th lines better than our 1st and 2nd lines.

What will happen is a Team like Buffalo will win more, because talent will be watered down like the NFL, and more fans will come to see those teams play, thus more money, Thus bigger budget, Thus smaller market teams win.

I would have liked to see a salary structure like The NBA as well. Where there is a fixed amount you can pay each player. But this is good for the NHL.

What they have to do now is CALL the grabbing and clutching so the Ice can open up.