HOLD YOUR HORSES!

NavyBillsFan

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the owners came back with a last ditch attempt at $44.7M cap.  PLayers supposedly are rejecting it.  WTF???  They were at $49M and they can't come down to meet them and save the season?  damn these guys!

241793[/snapback]

The players are great at playing "chicken". Too bad they are so good at it they would end up dying in a head on collision.

Sounds like the owners came back with a last ditch attempt at $44.7M cap.  PLayers supposedly are rejecting it.  WTF???  They were at $49M and they can't come down to meet them and save the season?  damn these guys!

241793[/snapback]

So, the players will come down to $47ish, and the season will die over $2.some million...

sick.

Love him or hate him....Gary Bettman looks like the Count from Sesame Street. The verdict just came down, no NHL season this year. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: to all parties involved in this disgrace. Regret the suffering that this caused the fans? Give me a break, you morons can't make a couple million dollars work?

It's over folks. A couple million mythical dollars that won't affect 99% of the league anyways cost the season. The NHLPA are really the dumbest fools that ever lived. Now when it comes back... the pie to slice up will be about $25M per team.(just a round guess?)

At least Bledsoe is getting dumped. That makes my day so much brighter after this NHL nonsense.

Love him or hate him....Gary Bettman looks like the Count from Sesame Street. The verdict just came down, no NHL season this year.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: to all parties involved in this disgrace. Regret the suffering that this caused the fans? Give me a break, you morons can't make a couple million dollars work?

241815[/snapback]

It's not a couple of million - it's about $700 million over the term of the contract. I don't blame the owners for not giving in. These friggin' players would play for $100,000.00 instead of getting a real job but $44,700,000.00 split 25 ways ain't enough? Screw them.

I was mad when the owners took out the "tie in to revenue" clause and the players suddenly became willing to accept the "forever evil" salary cap. Like that couldn't have been done a year ago.

Idiots. They've taken the food off alot of people's tables - most of them not highly paid players and executives.

The NHLPA have got to be the dumbest bunch of sorry f---ing !@#$ to ever live. Seriously, what a bunch of stupid f--ks. The whole future of the NHL is now in question because they wouldn't allow for a salary cap that was $4million less that they wanted, and wouldn't even affect most of the teams.

!@#$ retards.

Buttman just said the NHL's last best offer is now off the table and now there has to be linkage in any salary cap and that a tremendous amount of damage has been done that can never be reversed. The players screwed themselves even more than they ever could even have dreamed. Good.

Can't wait to hear some of the player quotes that will be coming out soon. "You mean we caved in on the cap and we still couldn't get this done"? Jesus, it was a lose-lose situation for the NHLPA. They lost EVERYTHING. How can they look their families in the face after this?!? I'm sure Peca the douchebag is happy about it and maybe McKee but every other player has to be seething mad.

Good. I'm glad they cancelled the season. Any season they tried to 'salvage' wouldn't have been legit anyway. And any salary cap over $40 million does nothing to help the game or the league.

Make a real change in time for next fall. Bring on the replacement players!

Even though Bettman and the owners didn't help the problem by over expanding and handing out ever growing salaries over the last 10 years, I applaud them for sticking to their guns.

F*** the nhlpa leadership and the players who sat back and watched a year off their careers being taken away.

I'm sure Peca the douchebag is happy about it and maybe McKee but every other player has to be seething mad.

241858[/snapback]

If anything good came out of this whole thing it is that Peca the douchebag has now lost two whole seasons of his career.