Tyrod's first 5 games

First things first: I'm not comparing the players now, and I'm not saying that Tyrod will definitely develop into a franchise QB, let alone a top 5 QB. However, there are people who think Tyrod has had maybe 2 good games and that have complained about his performance thus far. I have compiled the stats from the first 5 games of another QB who had time to sit before starting. Let's let the season play out and see what we have.

QB = Aaron Rodgers

CMP ATT YDS YPA TD INT RSH YDS YPC TD W/L
18 26 201 7.73 1 0 5 30 6.0 0 L
18 22 178 8.09 1 0 8 35 4.4 1 W
24 38 328 8.63 3 0 4 25 6.25 0 W
22 39 290 7.44 0 0 5 10 2.0 1 L
14 27 165 6.11 2 3 2 8 4.0 0 L
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
96 152 1162 7.64 7 3 24 108 4.5 2 2-3

QB = Tyrod Taylor

14 19 195 10.26 1 0 9 41 4.6 0 W
23 30 242 8.07 3 3 5 43 8.6 1 L
21 29 277 9.55 3 0 3 12 4.0 0 W
28 42 274 6.52 1 1 6 15 2.5 0 L
10 17 109 6.41 1 0 8 76 9.5 1 W
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
96 137 1097 8.01 9 4 31 187 6.0 2 3-2

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 games in and that is proof?

I support TT fully, but 5 games in by no means any proof. Look at RGIII for example. Light out his rookie season. Then what happened

example # 2 Kapernick

example #3 Sanchez -- 2 CCG's you can't argue that much.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I support TT fully, but 5 games in by no means any proof. Look at RGIII for example. Light out his rookie season. Then what happened

example # 2 Kapernick

Proof of what? All I said is that his stats warrant more opportunities.

First things first: I'm not comparing the players now, and I'm not saying that Tyrod will definitely develop into a franchise QB, let alone a top 5 QB. However, there are people who think Tyrod has had maybe 2 good games and that have complained about his performance thus far. I have compiled the stats from the first 5 games of another QB who had time to sit before starting. Let's let the season play out and see what we have.

BuffaloHokie13, I admire your optimism. I try to have that too. I'm behind TT and hope his career does take off here. It better soon because there is no shortage of "fans" who will savage him and his reputation if it doesn't.

Go Bills!

BuffaloHokie13, I admire your optimism. I try to have that too. I'm behind TT and hope his career does take off here. It better soon because there is no shortage of "fans" who will savage him and his reputation if it doesn't.

Go Bills!

I really don't think he'll ever be Aaron Rodgers, but I'd like to find out what he is :)

We went through this with EJ (and still do to an extent)

It's much too early to get into comparisons... he's 3-2, has had a couple good games, a couple games where he struggled, it'll take a long time to truly figure out if we have something, imo.

OK, but is there some outcry that TT hasn't warranted more opportunities? I think most fans can't wait for TT to return so they don't have to watch EJM anymore.

IDK why, but there are folks who think EJ should finish out the year. There are folks who think we need to bring in Ryan Mallett. There are folks who think that Tyrod has reached his 'ceiling'. There are folks to who think the NFL figured him out after 2 games. And there are folks who think that Tyrod should be some perfectly polished product because he held a clipboard for Flacco for 4 years. In the end, he hasn't been nearly as bad as some seem to think, and he needs to play out the season.

We went through this with EJ (and still do to an extent)

It's much too early to get into comparisons... he's 3-2, has had a couple good games, a couple games where he struggled, it'll take a long time to truly figure out if we have something, imo.

I'm with you. This was more a response to people saying his time holding a clipboard should have slowed down the game for him and made him a polished product like the comparison was when he finally started. Here's hoping we give it some time and make a proper assessment.

I really don't think he'll ever be Aaron Rodgers, but I'd like to find out what he is :)

he could end up great, or you could find a dumpster fire that started his first 5 games well.... all this really says is you like him a lot, and who knows what his future is. we all kind of knew both those things already.

example # 2 Kapernick

The analogy to RGIII is nonsensical. Mike Shanahan got Griffin "killed" and the following season started him without his participating fully in training camp and not playing in any exhibitions, which led to him getting injured again early on. Griffin has never been the same since Shanahan ruined him. That's a big difference between a healthy, young player and a significantly limited player following serious injuries. Also, when Griffin returned, they attempted to totally change his game, which he had difficulty adapting to. So it's apples and oranges.

Why are so many now dumping on Taylor? We wouldn't have three wins if it wasn't for him. He's played exceptionally well for someone who never started previously. It therefore must be the ecstasy with EJ. Good luck with that.

OK, but is there some outcry that TT hasn't warranted more opportunities? I think most fans can't wait for TT to return so they don't have to watch EJM anymore.

Search Gug or TakeittoTasker's posts and you will understand why this is being posted

I personally dont like post Tyrod's numbers to a future hall of famer

- His work to date does not warrant that

and

- it is not fair to compare the two players....at this point in their careers Aaron Rogers is clearly the better player

The analogy to RGIII is nonsensical. Mike Shanahan got Griffin "killed" and the following season started him without his participating fully in training camp and not playing in any exhibitions, which led to him getting injured again early on. Griffin has never been the same since Shanahan ruined him. That's a big difference between a healthy, young player and a significantly limited player following serious injuries. Also, when Griffin returned, they attempted to totally change his game, which he had difficulty adapting to. So it's apples and oranges.

Why are so many now dumping on Taylor? We wouldn't have three wins if it wasn't for him. He's played exceptionally well for someone who never started previously. It therefore must be the ecstasy with EJ. Good luck with that.

If I might chime in

Was Shanahan a QB killer or RG a coach killer?

A couple of items to ponder -

Where is Shanahan this season and why is RGIII 3rd string?

Who tried to make RGIII a pocket passer when he is a running QB? IIRC (and I may be wrong here) that is what RGIII and his dad wanted for him. To not run so much and pass from the pocket.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

QB = Aaron Rodgers

18 26 201 7.73 1 0 5 30 6.0 0 L

18 22 178 8.09 1 0 8 35 4.4 1 W

24 38 328 8.63 3 0 4 25 6.25 0 W

22 39 290 7.44 0 0 5 10 2.0 1 L

14 27 165 6.11 2 3 2 8 4.0 0 L

96 152 1162 7.64 7 3 24 108 4.5 2 2-3

QB = Tyrod Taylor

14 19 195 10.26 1 0 9 41 4.6 0 W

23 30 242 8.07 3 3 5 43 8.6 1 L

21 29 277 9.55 3 0 3 12 4.0 0 W

28 42 274 6.52 1 1 6 15 2.5 0 L

10 17 109 6.41 1 0 8 76 9.5 1 W

96 137 1097 8.01 9 4 31 187 6.0 2 3-2

One thing I like about TT is that none of his INTs have been on bad reads or instances in which he stared down a receiver. Two were high (NE), one was an inaccurate desperation heave before the half (NE), and one was a good throw in which the DB made a great, great play (NYG; Clay could have come down with it himself, actually). He's a much different player than Manuel in that respect.