The team is off for a week

The Big Cat

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. That para military crap never works anyway. Remember the great Gregg Williams with his air horn ? Please. There is no magic bullstt , people. Guys just have to make plays, and some just need to get healthy.

So the alternative comparison can only be to Gregg Williams...? That leaves out all the good coaches who don't act like Rex.

Maybe the players have the week off to heal while the coaches get together and pull their collective heads out of their asses and try and figure out what the !@#$ is going on.

When will they be teaching the team these new things that they figured out once they got the **** out of their ears?

Does anyone know what the thought is through the league? Do coaches give their team the whole week off? Others 4 days? some variation? I see a lot of anger, but is it something that could be considered typical and Rex isn't the only one who does it?

Why I think this is negative:

Players should be at OBD pouring over film of themselves, identifying and correcting every last miscue and determining a better path forward.

Why I think is is positive:

The CBA doesn't permit the above, and technology permits players to do so remotely.

So to THAT point, it allows players an opportunity to demonstrate accountability and to take matters into their own hands.

Rex is a coach of a professional team. He's little more than a facilitator. He wants his team to own it. We hated Marrone for being a micro-managing hardass and we all knew damn well we were getting the exact opposite in Rex.

If this team really wants it, he's giving them a chance to prove it. We have locker room leaders, we have players that will communicate with one another during the break. There is a sentiment here that "week off" means Rex is flying the team to Tahiti. The truth is in between, folks.

Does anyone know what the thought is through the league? Do coaches give their team the whole week off? Others 4 days? some variation? I see a lot of anger, but is it something that could be considered typical and Rex isn't the only one who does it?

Like I said earlier I think it's part of the CBA that says the players have to get time off. I did a quick internet search for "nfl cba bye week" and found the following article which could explain what's gong on: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820e8b52/printable/teams-learn-of-new-regulations-tied-to-ownerapproved-cba

During the regular season, there can be just 14 padded practices for the entirety of the season, 11 of those sessions must be held in the first 11 weeks, and teams can hold no more than two padded practices per week. One padded practice per week is allowed during the playoffs, and all padded practices are limited to three hours max. Also, a bye week must include at least four consecutive days off, including Saturday.

Edited by reddogblitz

A week off? One would hope that besides the players that need to rehab. Some players with professional pride would fly home for a couple days and then get back to Buffalo, and make an attempt with their coaches to right the ship. This team has no cohesion, no leaders (Kyle excluded) It's rudderless. They just had a week off in Jolly England. WTF? Mustnbe a CBA deal

As for the coaches working. Big deal they have not adjusted for 7 weeks. What does an extra week do?

was hoping at least Crossman being fired today. And a interm coach named. Not to be. The D is not going to go

Back to a schwartz scheme. it's rex's show and it sucks.

So the alternative comparison can only be to Gregg Williams...? That leaves out all the good coaches who don't act like Rex.

No, just one that came to mind. NFl players are not 10 year olds. I just don't think what we are seeing on the field has anything to do with Rex Ryan's personality. Football is pretty simple, really. I also don't think it has anything to do with curses, voodoo, juju, kismet, Fred Jackson or any of myriad theories out there. It also has little to do with play calling , and (most) penalties are overrated too. The Bills have started a bad QB the last two games. Many other top players are injured and not playing. Other top players are not making plays like they are expected to. That's it. There isn't a big margin of error for winning NFL games, and these things have made that margin disappear. I'd expect better performance if the Bills get some players back after the bye. That may no longer be enough to get them in the thick of the playoff race after another AFC loss to JAX. But unless guys are constantly out of position to make plays ( I haven't seen that) players on the field are the problem , not coaches. Is Gragg being coached to run himself out of bounds? Is EJ being coached to wait so long on a throw to the end zone that the TE runs out the back of it before the ball gets there? Or to throw so in accurately that a sure TD pass turns into the TE falling down after adjusting to the poor throw? Folks love to blame coaches when it's their beloved players that are screwing up at every turn.