Eliot Wolf for GM of the Buffalo Bills

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, when a team has an elite QB on their team, the coach and GM always look good. An elite QB covers up poor defensive play and a lot of sub-par skill players as the QB can overcome this. Then the team wins and everybody thinks the GM is a genius. If Aaron Rodgers weren't the QB and you were judging this man solely on the other areas of the Packers, you likely wouldn't be impressed.

Look, when a team has an elite QB on their team, the coach and GM always look good. An elite QB covers up poor defensive play and a lot of sub-par skill players as the QB can overcome this. Then the team wins and everybody thinks the GM is a genius. If Aaron Rodgers weren't the QB and you were judging this man solely on the other areas of the Packers, you likely wouldn't be impressed.

But when you are using 18% of the salary cap on the QB, its a bigger challenge to fill out the rest of the roster.

I am going on record saying he is my guy for next GM of the Bills.

For anyone that doesn't know who he is, here is his bio/resume.

http://www.packers.com/team/staff/eliot-wolf/554e5cf2-a949-4cb5-8d85-11e979ac48b3

Make it happen Terry and Kim!!!

Wrong Wolf.

It's going to take Winston Wolfe to clean up this mess.

He scouted/evaluated every player for the packers for the last 12 years.

Eliot Wolfs scouting has comprised over 80% of the Packers current roster in 2015.

That is simply amazing!!!

The guy may have had a major impact on all those drafts in presenting all the right players. However it was still GM Ted Thompson made those choices, and not the director of player personnel.

This team is lacking that knowledgeable football person at the top of the flow chart before another new GM. JMO

Wrong Wolf.

That is priceless! Nice name drop.

The guy may have had a major impact on all those drafts in presenting all the right players. However it was still GM Ted Thompson made those choices, and not the director of player personnel.

This team is lacking that knowledgeable football person at the top of the flow chart before another new GM. JMO

Oh I understand that. It takes two to tango like Doug Whaley putting a 1st round grade on EJ Manuel then Buddy Nix selecting him.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

and Not getting a QB is all on Whalenix

He's done too well with personnel overall. Not just the draft but who to let go, who to keep. He's quite a good young GM.

Injuries and drafts with no quality qb's are not the fault of any GM.

I would strongly disagree.

Can you name a single player that Doug Whaley drafted that is a pro bowler?

Also overpaying for FA talent is horrible GM'ing IMO. Clay, McCoy, Felton just to name a few. Well technically McCoy wasn't a FA but giving up assets too makes it even worse.

Wrong Wolf.

who?

Oh I understand that. It takes two to tango like Doug Whaley putting a 1st round grade on EJ Manuel then Buddy Nix selecting him.

:lol::lol:

Yea, the team needs to keep drafting fragile WR's with two first rounders while they keep hoping a 6th rounder will be the franchise QB.

:worthy:

It's pretty clear our issue is that we're void of talent. All we need is a GM that gets more talented guys that can stay healthy, and a franchise qb. All very easily fixed by a forward thinking young GM.

YES! Who Eliot Wolf reminds me of is the executive Andrew Friedman in MLB. Different type of evaluators but both super intelligent.

Why is he a good choice? Because he's from the Packers and they are really good because of Rodgers?

The logic is if he won the lottery once, it makes him a better chance to win it again.

Maybe he is another Tom Donahoe or Bobby Bethard. Guaranteed to move somewhere else and win,

YES! Who Eliot Wolf reminds me of is the executive Andrew Friedman in MLB. Different type of evaluators but both super intelligent.

Should be fairly easy to find a QB all you have to do is want to and everyone knows you can easily pick out players who will get hurt and stay away from them.

He's done too well with personnel overall. Not just the draft but who to let go, who to keep. He's quite a good young GM.

Injuries and drafts with no quality qb's are not the fault of any GM.

This is like saying "Apart from the fact that the watertight bulkheads didn't extend beyond the waterline, and it's currently lying at the bottom of the Atlantic, the Titanic was, overall, quite a good piece of ship design."

I follow the Dodgers. When Mattingly was fired, half of the posts said they got the wrong guy and they should have fired Friedman. Reading that wasn't too much different than reading two bills drive.

I follow the Dodgers. When Mattingly was fired, half of the posts said they got the wrong guy and they should have fired Friedman. Reading that wasn't too much different than reading two bills drive.

LOL

Friedman was hired this year by the Dodgers. He enherited that mess. Really, he inherited the baseball equivalent of a Doug Whaley roster. Dodgers have some crazy contract issues that were created with the past regime. He hasn't even had a full offseason with the Dodgers. BTW Don Mattingly is a terrible manager.

Look at Friedmans body of work with the Tampa Rays. Sustained success.

LOL

Friedman was hired this year by the Dodgers. He enherited that mess. Really, he inherited the baseball equivalent of a Doug Whaley roster. Dodgers have some crazy contract issues that were created with the past regime. He hasn't even had a full offseason with the Dodgers. BTW Don Mattingly is a terrible manager.

Look at Friedmans body of work with the Tampa Rays. Sustained success.

They won the west the two years in a row before he got there. So it wasn't a huge mess. He reworked the bull pen going into the season and then reworked it again at the trading deadline. Both were disasters. Look up Matt Latos, He should have picked him up to pitch batting practice, At least the Dodger hitters would have been full on confidence after facing him, The opposing teams sure were.

I am not trying to pick on you, You seem to give little thought to how difficult it is to succeed. Just because they may have done it once before, that doesn't necessary mean they can do it again. It is not the cut and dried process you make it out to be,

Try the name Scotty Bowman. Everywhere but in Buffalo.

Just because your Daddy is good at something does not mean that you are as well. In fact in football it is usually the exact opposite. Reggie McKenzie arguably had more to do with building the current Packers than Eliot.

They won the west the two years in a row before he got there. So it wasn't a huge mess. He reworked the bull pen going into the season and then reworked it again at the trading deadline. Both were disasters. Look up Matt Latos, He should have picked him up to pitch batting practice, At least the Dodger hitters would have been full on confidence after facing him, The opposing teams sure were.

I am not trying to pick on you, You seem to give little thought to how difficult it is to succeed. Just because they may have done it once before, that doesn't necessary mean they can do it again. It is not the cut and dried process you make it out to be,

Try the name Scotty Bowman. Everywhere but in Buffalo.

The dodgers current issues which is right now catching up with them is that their drafting has been horrible prior to Friedman. Their roster is old, declining with an incredibly inflated payroll.

Friedman and Zaidi couldn't have come at a better time to fix the mess.

The dodgers current issues which is right now catching up with them is that their drafting has been horrible prior to Friedman. Their roster is old, declining with an incredibly inflated payroll.

Friedman and Zaidi couldn't have come at a better time to fix the mess.

It usually takes years to become a MLB player. They have a lot of talent coming. Long before Friedman.

Are you a Dodger fan? You don't seem to know the particulars. Friedman crapped money all over this year. His deals. What did he get for the National leagues highest batting average player?

Although I hope you are correct about him. Rooting for the Dodgers has been a lot like rooting for the Bills/Sabres.

I would strongly disagree.

Can you name a single player that Doug Whaley drafted that is a pro bowler?

Also overpaying for FA talent is horrible GM'ing IMO. Clay, McCoy, Felton just to name a few. Well technically McCoy wasn't a FA but giving up assets too makes it even worse.

You see fans are programmed to accept mediocrity with the Bills.You make some good points. Whaley has drafted some servicable starters, overpaid big time for a couple FA's. In the end to date not a single game changing player has emerged. Harvin? Nope. Sorry Sammy you got work to do. I like Clay but his payday is huge for the ROI to date. Signing Tyrod may payoff. But his playing style won't translate to a long career. Whaley has been asleep along with Nix in that dept.Since the beginning. During that period other teams have found their man while the Bills passed on them Mostly in the Nix era though.

It usually takes years to become a MLB player. They have a lot of talent coming. Long before Friedman.

Are you a Dodger fan? You don't seem to know the particulars. Friedman crapped money all over this year. His deals. What did he get for the National leagues highest batting average player?

Although I hope you are correct about him. Rooting for the Dodgers has been a lot like rooting for the Bills/Sabres.

Pitching. It's all about pitching in the MLB draft and the Dodgers have drafted poorly in that regard something Zaidi with Beane (Oakland) and Friedman (Rays) have done extremely well in their careers. There isn't any young good pitching currently in their system.

Pitching. It's all about pitching in the MLB draft and the Dodgers have drafted poorly in that regard something Zaidi with Beane (Oakland) and Friedman (Rays) have done extremely well in their careers. There isn't any young good pitching in their system.

After missing this year. There is room on the Giants bandwagon, come on over!

Pitching. It's all about pitching in the MLB draft and the Dodgers have drafted poorly in that regard something Zaidi with Beane (Oakland) and Friedman (Rays) have done extremely well in their careers. There isn't any young good pitching currently in their system.

One guy is decent but they are void of the type the Mets have, Although with this years roster, they had what may have been the two best starters in baseball. They didn't score many runs.

After missing this year. There is room on the Giants bandwagon, come on over!

I think the Giants only lost out because of injuries. Next year they will be tough. I figure they will win the west no matter what happens in the off season.

One guy is decent but they are void of the type the Mets have, Although with this years roster, they had what may have been the two best starters in baseball. They didn't score many runs.

Mets fleeced the Blue Jays to get Thor.

Trading the "McCoy" of baseball for Noah Syndergaard.

• 1 month later...