step away from the ledge

Pete

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They did great considering the circumstances. We were down starting QB, RB 2, RG, RT, WR1, WR2, WR5, CB, DT, S, and down 27-3. They had a goal line stand. Then, shorthanded as they were, they rallied back to take the lead. Then got jobbed by the officials once again. It' would of been a tremendous victory. Instead this one hurts. It is time to regroup, get healthy and make a run. But the Bills showed me a lot today

I second your motion.

Here's the names, for those who don't follow closely, of the non-starters today:

• Marcus Easley
  • LeSean McCoy
  • Corey Graham
  • Seantrel Henderson
  • Marquise Goodwin
  • Percy Harvin
  • Karlos Williams
  • Kyle Williams
  • Tyrod Taylor
  • Sammy Watkins
  • John Miller

My only disappointments: penalties (today) and LeSean playing last week, being out this week (returning early from a hamstring is just stupid).

The team showed character today.

I second your motion.

Here's the names, for those who don't follow closely, of the non-starters today:

• Marcus Easley
  • LeSean McCoy
  • Corey Graham
  • Seantrel Henderson
  • Marquise Goodwin
  • Percy Harvin
  • Karlos Williams
  • Kyle Williams
  • Tyrod Taylor
  • Sammy Watkins
  • John Miller

My only disappointments: penalties (today) and LeSean playing last week, being out this week (returning early from a hamstring is just stupid).

The team showed character today.

McCoy played today.

They did great considering the circumstances. We were down starting QB, RB 2, RG, RT, WR1, WR2, WR5, CB, DT, S, and down 27-3. They had a goal line stand. Then, shorthanded as they were, they rallied back to take the lead. Then got jobbed by the officials once again. It' would of been a tremendous victory. Instead this one hurts. It is time to regroup, get healthy and make a run. But the Bills showed me a lot today

it's time to run to the tank and get a franchise QB

Umm, Dolphins 28, Texans 0. Welcome back, ledge.

As things stand at this moment: we know we're not in the Pats league. Can anyone tell me that we're better than the Jets? Dolphins? Both of those teams are coming up shortly, and I am losing confidence fast that we'll be able to beat both, or even go 1-1. The entire division is now playing much better than us.

As things stand at this moment: we know we're not in the Pats league. Can anyone tell me that we're better than the Jets? Dolphins? Both of those teams are coming up shortly, and I am losing confidence fast that we'll be able to beat both, or even go 1-1. The entire division is now playing much better than us.

This. Bills would have a hard time beating anyone the way they have been playing. They proved it today. Jacksonville is terrible and we couldn't even beat them.

Pete I have enjoyed your posts and perspective for many years and I think all of us know that this version of the Bills has had a pretty brutal stretch of injuries. That the bye week will likely improve communication and allow us to get healthy. Odds are we will be a much better team over the final 9 games. The problem is, even with all this, to make the playoffs we likely have to win 7 of the 9 remaining games. Even with all of the variables discussed, that is a very unlikely proposition. Which now takes the drought to the point in which people who can legally drive have never watched this team in the playoffs. For those of us who can drive, we take a massive chunk out of each Sunday. For most adults, time is not something we have in abundance. This is a choice that we make as fans, to devote the time each Sunday to being a fan. It just get's old and tiring and has been going on for far too long. Even in not jumping off the cliff, I just don't see much reason to feel like the glass is half full right now.

Thank you Mike. RIght back at you. You are correct. I too believe the Bills will be very much better second half. But they need to go on a run and have a tough road stretch(NYJ, Pats, Chefs). And they can't afford more then 2-3 losses. But the AFC wildcard teams are pretty weak this year. And if we come back healthy and play great ball, beating New England on MNF would tell me this team has arrived. We sure could use this bye week

colts 3-3 texans 2-4, jags 2-5, titans 1-4, raiders 2-3, chargers 2-4, chefs 1-5, steelers 4-2 browns 2-4, ravens 1-5, dolpins 2-3

Miami is an example of what could happen. Baltimore is also an example... It can go well or poorly just like that. Rex is right, dig in and get back to work. Don't dwell on it, just gotta dig in and keep at it. Some big games coming up, gotta battle.

Most well coached teams after a slow start will. firing Philbin and the fish are winning. seems like they laid down on him.

The Jets fire some clown and well look at them. Who could predict the Jets record? Easy teams they played? sure. The mighty Bills just lost too a 1-5 team. On a neutral field.

i wonder what the Bills problem is? Injuriy bug does not count . Every Team has them.

Yeah, gotta stop with the injury excuses. It's a part of the game and good teams prepare for injuries. If the true playoff caliber teams of the league, even wildcard level like the Rams, Jets, and Steelers, suffer injuries at the same level we've been dealing with I bet they'd still find a way to beat Jacksonville.

We've beat the Dolphins badly.

The season goes in waves. Whether we right this, only time will tell. With tyrod, karlos, and Sammy and our 2 OL returning, can you say we can't beat them?

it's time to run to the tank and get a franchise QB

Yeah, that's an easy task.

(I apologize for the sarcasm)

As many media articles said earlier this season: college's with their spread offenses aren't making NFL-ready passers. They all need time on bench, even the best.

Besides, I think Tyrod may have it.

I can't watch the Buffalo Bills on TV. I have a Shih Tzu and every time the Bills make a stupid play, either play calling, execution or just plain stupidity, I cuss the coaching staff including Rex and his minions. My dog thinks I am cussing him out and he jumps up on my lap wondering what he did wrong. It's just not fair to my dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, gotta stop with the injury excuses. It's a part of the game and good teams prepare for injuries. If the true playoff caliber teams of the league, even wildcard level like the Rams, Jets, and Steelers, suffer injuries at the same level we've been dealing with I bet they'd still find a way to beat Jacksonville.

not an excuse its a fact. What is New England if Brady, Ammendola and Gronk are hurt? What is Greenbay if Rogers and Lacy are hurt? Any team that is missing their stating QB, #1 WR, and half their starting line is going to suffer

I can't watch the Buffalo Bills on TV. I have a Shih Tzu and every time the Bills make a stupid play, either play calling, execution or just plain stupidity, I cuss the coaching staff including Rex and his minions. My dog thinks I am cussing him out and he jumps up on my lap wondering what he did wrong. It's just not fair to my dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can your dog look past its first read?

We've beat the Dolphins badly.

The season goes in waves. Whether we right this, only time will tell. With tyrod, karlos, and Sammy and our 2 OL returning, can you say we can't beat them?

Correct. But after the mini waves of the first 7 weeks, we stand ... in last place. By ourselves. Not good. And trending in the wrong direction.

Can your dog look past its first read?

Hah! "Slow eyes" like EJ.

not an excuse its a fact. What is New England if Brady, Ammendola and Gronk are hurt? What is Greenbay if Rogers and Lacy are hurt? Any team that is missing their stating QB, #1 WR, and half their starting line is going to suffer

,,AND #1 and #2 RB.