Over/Under on Yahoo viewers?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the over !@#$ing under on how many !@#$ing times I say !@#$ you to the NFL for not !@#$ing letting me watch the !@#$ing game on NFL !@#$ing Sunday !@#$ing ticket which I pay !@#$ing over three !@#$ing hundred dollars for and instead I'm !@#$ing forced to watch it on my !@#$ing 5" cell phone rather than my !@#$ing 65" !@#$ing TV.

I've thought this through in an analytical perspective, we will have over 10 million hits on the steam!

I, like yahoo, will not disclose my formulas for such conclusions but I stand by my new and more informed decision making process!

Yahoo claims 15.2 million unique viewers and 33.6 million total views with 33% coming from outside the US.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/yahoo-livestream-of-bills-jaguars-game-attracts-33-6-million-total-views-130531268.html

Lie (or information left out in 3rd paragraph: It was the first time that international viewers were able to access a NFL game without cable or satellite.

• There are many, many sites overseas which stream the game they are just illegal.
  • There are international users in Canada and Mexico who watch game over the air using antennas.
  • Game held in Mexico was available via local TV

The US stream was choppy sometimes but the commercials were always clear telling us the transmission to US before commercials were sliced in was poor.

Lie (or information left out in 3rd paragraph: It was the first time that international viewers were able to access a NFL game without cable or satellite.

• There are many, many sites overseas which stream the game they are just illegal.
  • There are international users in Canada and Mexico who watch game over the air using antennas.
  • Game held in Mexico was available via local TV

The US stream was choppy sometimes but the commercials were always clear telling us the transmission to US before commercials were sliced in was poor.

I'm sure they only count legal streams ;)

My stream was always choppy during the game but the commercials were not for me as well. And the commercials looked to be in full HD resolution whereas the game never was.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I'm sure they only count legal streams ;)

My stream was always choppy during the game but the commercials were not for me as well. And the commercials looked to be in full HD resolution whereas the game never was.

The linked article was not really a news report anyways, it was biased; at best an advertisement and at worst propaganda.

How about the over !@#$ing under on how many !@#$ing times I say !@#$ you to the NFL for not !@#$ing letting me watch the !@#$ing game on NFL !@#$ing Sunday !@#$ing ticket which I pay !@#$ing over three !@#$ing hundred dollars for and instead I'm !@#$ing forced to watch it on my !@#$ing 5" cell phone rather than my !@#$ing 65" !@#$ing TV.

If you did some !@#$ing research like I did, you'd have found that all you had to !@#$ing do is buy an !@#$ing Amazon Firestick or !@#$ing Roku stick (which I did for $50) and still be able to watch the !@#$ing game on your !@#$ing 65" TV.

NFL / Yahoo exaggerated numbers:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/27/nfl-exaggerated-sundays-bills-jags-internet-numbers/

I will point out that CBS is not a disinterested party since they show SNF and that IF NFL choose to cut some of the games and feed them to Yahoo to generate more revenue it MAY cost them viewers / advertisers or make them cut cost of ads. And the writer, Mike Florio, has been liberal with his presentation of facts before.

The original article may be here but can not tell since not going to become a subscriber:

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2015/10/26/Media/NFL-Yahoo-streaming.aspx

Edited by Koolaid

It does suck big time that the Sunday Ticket doesn't offer the game. Did you try screen mirroring the phone at least?

NFL / Yahoo exaggerated numbers:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/27/nfl-exaggerated-sundays-bills-jags-internet-numbers/

I will point out that CBS is not a disinterested party since they show SNF and that IF NFL choose to cut some of the games and feed them to Yahoo to generate more revenue it MAY cost them viewers / advertisers or make them cut cost of ads. And the writer, Mike Florio, has been liberal with his presentation of facts before.

The original article may be here but can not tell since not going to become a subscriber:

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2015/10/26/Media/NFL-Yahoo-streaming.aspx

Haha, the patriot fans are having a field day saying Goodell "inflated" the numbers.