LAMP - Just Met Fred Smerlas

devldog131

I've been managing a warehouse in Marlborough, MA, for about a year and a half now. Shortly after I came on board, all of the delivery drivers at the dock (upon seeing me in Bills gear nearly every day) kept telling me that Fred Smerlas' company, All Pro Promotions and Appearances, is right down the street, about 1/8th of a mile away. They kept saying I should go over there and introduce myself, check out all of the memorabilia in his office, and talk football with him. So, this morning, I finally did.

He was a great guy. He was happy to take a couple minutes out of his day to talk Buffalo football and sign a couple of autographs for a Bills fan. I love it when guys are cool to the fans and take the time out to acknowledge them.

My week has been made.

post-9836-0-42199400-1444839895_thumb.jpg

post-9836-0-67438800-1444840085_thumb.jpg

Fred's book is one of the funnier memoirs I recall reading. Lots of hilarious stories from the 80s Bills leading up to when they got great with Kelly etc. I met Fred at camp in Fredonia when I was a young kid. He sticks in my memory as a nice guy.

"By a Nose"

Great book. Funny stories on Haslett. I guess he was a real prankster.

I hated when we let Fred go, and chose Wright. He was awful and was pushed around. Fred blocking that field goal for the 1988 AFC East title against the Jets was awesome. One of my favorite Bills memories.