The Bills will Beat Cincy!

Jobot

If we could borrow Richard Sherman to cover AJ Green

"Green was thoroughly dismantling Cary Williams before the Seahawks wisely switched Williams out in favor of Richard Sherman. After that, Sherman followed Green wherever he went and eventually Andy Dalton stopped looking his way. "
Edited by ALF

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He just led his team back from a 17 point 4th Q deficit to beat the Seahawks (an actual top 5 D).

Yeah, I get that. I know what he's doing this year and he looks like a totally new QB. He may have made the jump, but I'm just not sold yet. I've seen too much of him since he's been in the league for 5 games to change my mind. It will take more than that.

Calling it now, the Buffalo Bills will beat the Bengals!

I believe our defense is match-up nightmare for the Bengals that loves to stretch the field. Dalton is in for a surprise as he runs into Dareus pushing the pocket into him every time he tries to step up to throw deep (see the one Marriota throw down field that resulted in a pick for reference)

The Bengals believe they are super bowl contenders... I think they stick to their current offensive game plan that's worked for them through the first 5 weeks as a result.

4+ sacks

3+ turnovers (1 for 6pts)

Give me another 20 pts from the offense 27 - 13 BILLS WIN!

Here are some actual reasons why this is going to happen.

1) The Bengals are coming in giddy over their 2-game divisional lead and all the national attention they are getting after beating Seattle.

2) They just played five quarters of football.

3) They just gave up 169 yards rushing to an undrafted rookie. Whether it is KW, Dixon, Herron, or Taylor himself, the Bills will run the ball on this team.

4) Rex will embrace the underdog role for this game and have his team locked and cocked.

5) The Seattle win was at home and came gift-wrapped, complete with a bank shot game-winning FG. They aren't going to be emotionally prepared to win this type of road game.

The Bengals are good - 5 wins is nothing to take lightly.

That being said, the Seahawks were the first legitimate defense they saw all year. The Seahawks don't have the quality of pass rush + CB play the Bills "could" have.

I say "could" because from one week to another you don't know what defense is going to show up. That's not on the players - that's a criticism of the coaches. I think they tend to out think the room instead of letting Pro Bowlers do what they do best.

I feel the Bills will win this game too assuming we have Karlos and Sammy. People on this thread are talking about the Bills as if we have no chance just because Cincy is 5-0. First, we could and SHOULD be 5-0 if not for bone head penalties in NE and NYG, not to mention the 2 TD's that were stolen in the NYG game on weak calls. And losing to NE by only one score is still the strongest test NE has gotten from anyone this year.

Cincy is beatable, more beatable than NE and we almost pulled that off despite so many mistakes with penalties. The talent is here to beat this team if we can get get our missing talent back on the field and keep the penalties in check. But like I said above, if we are going to beat Cincy, we will need at the very least Karlos and Sammy back THIS week. Without them, I don't know we will have enough weapons on offense to put up enough points this week. I would love to have McCoy back too, but previous reports suggest that its very doubtful he plays this week as it was speculated he probably would have to sit at least another week, maybe 2.

The Bengals are good - 5 wins is nothing to take lightly.

That being said, the Seahawks were the first legitimate defense they saw all year. The Seahawks don't have the quality of pass rush + CB play the Bills "could" have.

I say "could" because from one week to another you don't know what defense is going to show up. That's not on the players - that's a criticism of the coaches. I think they tend to out think the room instead of letting Pro Bowlers do what they do best.

The game isn't played against what players "could be", but what they are.

While I could see this happening, I feel like having this topic already on a Monday is really bad juju

Nah. The bad juju comes from all of the pantie wearing nay-sayers on this board. May the testicle gnawing squirrels come visit you all.

History is on our side, the last six visits to Buffalo the Bungals have lost. They did have success in Buffalo in the 70's, but hell who didn't?

I feel like we can do this.

Nah. The bad juju comes from all of the pantie wearing nay-sayers on this board. May the testicle gnawing squirrels come visit you all.

History is on our side, the last six visits to Buffalo the Bungals have lost. They did have success in Buffalo in the 70's, but hell who didn't?

I feel like we can do this.

I saw the Bengals @ Bills two years ago, and the Bills lost in OT. Now, unless they played 6 home games between that one....

I feel the Bills will win this game too assuming we have Karlos and Sammy. People on this thread are talking about the Bills as if we have no chance just because Cincy is 5-0. First, we could and SHOULD be 5-0 if not for bone head penalties in NE and NYG, not to mention the 2 TD's that were stolen in the NYG game on weak calls. And losing to NE by only one score is still the strongest test NE has gotten from anyone this year.

Cincy is beatable, more beatable than NE and we almost pulled that off despite so many mistakes with penalties. The talent is here to beat this team if we can get get our missing talent back on the field and keep the penalties in check. But like I said above, if we are going to beat Cincy, we will need at the very least Karlos and Sammy back THIS week. Without them, I don't know we will have enough weapons on offense to put up enough points this week. I would love to have McCoy back too, but previous reports suggest that its very doubtful he plays this week as it was speculated he probably would have to sit at least another week, maybe 2.

good points! totally agree, well done.. just hope that friggin train horn has been put to rest.. it is a jinx.a total fluff point i know. but dump it..

The newspaper this morning said the Bills were 1.5 point favorites over the Bengals. I don't think you'll find too many Bills fans who think that makes sense, but the professionals doing this must have their reasons.

The Bills' D did an excellent job Sunday, keeping things under control when the O wasn't doing anything, and then shutting the door after the Bills got the lead. Mariotta is a great talent and he was held in check. Dalton is not as talented but is an experience pro with good skills, but he'll be playing in noisy RWS. If we get Watkins back, that changes a lot for the O.

I'm reasonably optimistic about this game, depending on Watkins more than anything else.

If we could borrow Richard Sherman to cover AJ Green

"Green was thoroughly dismantling Cary Williams before the Seahawks wisely switched Williams out in favor of Richard Sherman. After that, Sherman followed Green wherever he went and eventually Andy Dalton stopped looking his way. "

Would have been nice if the Seahawks did that in the Superbowl

The Bills match up well with the Bengals. Dalton has been hot but all have been favorable matchups. They've faced the Ravens and Raiders on the road, and neither of these teams can generate a consistent pass rush. The Bills should be ok here as long as they take care of the ball.

-->Bengals aren't a fraud, but their opponents have losing records (and are 8-16 overall), and haven't faced a pass rush like ours.

-->Bengals are 21st in rushing; Bills are 4th. This includes a week when our RBs were Boobie, Boom, and Cierre.

-->Bills lead Bengals in yards per carry, rushing yardage, rushing TDs, longest rushing play (41-28), and they've lost 3 fumbles. Bills fumbled twice but lost neither.

-->Bengals have 6 sacks. Bills have 14.

-->Bills defense has more tackles, interceptions (4 to 2), forced fumbles (7 to 3), lead in giveaway/takeaway (4-2), and negative play yardage. And a loud crowd that'll make it tough Sunday.

-->Bills have one of the best punters in the NFL, with 10 punts landing inside the 20. Bengals have 3. Bengals have 11.8 average return yards on punts.