A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Chris Hogan is a baller. Horrificly underrated on this board. The long catch was a great adjustment of his body and he did well to haul in a low pass for the TD. He blocks well, he plays special teams and to this point this season is outplaying Woods who seems out of sorts.

I agree on Tyrod. He has to run to win. He isn't going to win us many games stood in the pocket throwing.

The line regressed the more the game went on.

He deserves more touches after today for sure.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. TT needs a better game.

2. If there's no running game, spreads the darn field and create space! Then TT will be able to do his thing better.

3. Quick slant routes, has a Bills coach ever heard of them?

4. Move the pocket from time to time!

5. Perhaps a six game suspension for you O-line coach was too long! Just a thought

1) If Tyrod doesn't make it as a QB, he can be a receiver. A heck of a catch at the 2 yard line.

2) Anyone else concerned that Gilmore's pick at the end of the game would be ruled unnecessary roughness. He hit the receiver pretty hard.

3) Missing the running back checkdown passes that help subdue the rush a little bit... This, among other things, is where we really miss Fred Jackson.

4) Go Bills!!!

For an "inventive" OC our game plan is high schoolish. Also where is this "exotic" D? It seems to have dissapeared after the Indy game. I'm greatful for the win but overall performance has been poor.

Glad to see that everyone seems to be seeing the same things. Should have been blitzing more all day. Started to at the end. Mariota looked every bit of the rookie he is today, expecially with the pressure in his face. Should have been dialing it up.

I think Roman is game planning himself to death and failing to adjust quickly enough. I feel like he has the whole first half scripted and doesn't want to deviate regardless of what happens. In the second half, he let Tyrod be Tyrod.

Also, his play calls on our last offensive possession before the kneel down were ugly. On second down, that was the perfect opportunity to throw for the first. Clock was running down to 2 min warning anyways, so inc pass did not matter. Instead, we ran it with cement shoes Dixon for nothing, then tried to throw on third down when they knew it was coming.

Luckily, the defense bailed out Roman after that and today in general. The Titans are not a good team. Our offense needs to get better.

- if they stick with TT have to let him run a lot. He's not accurate enough to play from the pocket....for every good pass he hits, he misses a couple. Not a good enough ratio for an NFL QB....example the good deeper throw to Hogan, negated by short miss to harvin and TD throw to Hogan, which was a low squirter that Hogan saved.

- injury risk when TT runs is over stated (sans the horse collar). He usually doesn't take big hits when he takes off, but in the pocket he gets sacked a lot....has to be one of the most sacked QBs in the league.

- Dixon is terrible. His lack of speed means be can't take advantage of openings. I dont care how good he is on special teams, if karlos and shady aren't coming back for a while re-sign

bryce

- huge props to Marcel on the pick, the highlight will focus on Gilmore and question mariotas decision. But with how quickly Marcel closed on mariota out of now where when mariota was already in throwing motion, not much else he could do.

- defense plays better on the road so far. Because lak of crowd noise when opposing offense is in field net-net actually helps us by allowing the D to communicate better?

Personally, I'd rather the team learn to win these types of games rather than either lose or win easily. Playoff teams are build on crappy wins like this. As I told my wife earlier, this is the game we lost for the past 15 years.

Good point. I also enjoy seeing some of our obvious wildcard competitors -- KC, Ravens -- losing again today. Thank you Jay Cutler and some random McCown brother!

- if they stick with TT have to let him run a lot. He's not accurate enough to play from the pocket....for every good pass he hits, he misses a couple. Not a good enough ratio for an NFL QB....example the good deeper throw to Hogan, negated by short miss to harvin and TD throw to Hogan, which was a low squirter that Hogan saved.

- injury risk when TT runs is over stated (sans the horse collar). He usually doesn't take big hits when he takes off, but in the pocket he gets sacked a lot....has to be one of the most sacked QBs in the league.

- Dixon is terrible. His lack of speed means be can't take advantage of openings. I dont care how good he is on special teams, if karlos and shady aren't coming back for a while re-sign

bryce

- huge props to Marcel on the pick, the highlight will focus on Gilmore and question mariotas decision. But with how quickly Marcel closed on mariota out of now where when mariota was already in throwing motion, not much else he could do.

- defense plays better on the road so far. Because lak of crowd noise when opposing offense is in field net-net actually helps us by allowing the D to communicate better?

I thought Dixon did the best he could with his very limited skill set. Even made an o.k. reception in the middle of the field. But you're right - that skill set is so incredibly limited ... on a couple runs I could just imagine what a better back would have been able to make of them. Bryce is probably the best option right now -- they need the speed.

For an "inventive" OC our game plan is high schoolish. Also where is this "exotic" D? It seems to have dissapeared after the Indy game. I'm greatful for the win but overall performance has been poor.

This is the first I've ever heard Roman called inventive... has he designed plays never seen before? Just because you don't understand the play calling doesn't mean it's wrong. You realize that we had no credible option at RB, we had poor field position often... that makes it real difficult.

Who was offside on the kick-off?

Easley. And it was close, but the replay showed he was just ahead of the kicker in a kind of photo finish shot. As I said, that's the only thing the Line Judge (lined up right on the 35 yard line) has to watch for, so it was an easy call. I will give Easley a pass on this one since Cundiff may have a slightly slower approach to the ball than Gay had, but they better not do it again ...

This game was an ugly win. But good teams gut out these types of wins. These types of wins are often what separates 10-6 teams from 7-9 teams. Without Shady and Karlos and Sammy you knew the offense was going to struggle, the defense played a good game but when the offense leaves you completely exposed it is not always going to be good for any defense.

The D gave up two sustained long drives for field goals and a TD on a short field via turn over, a very good effort esp if you consider that they were just constantly on the field in the first half with short fields for the offense.

The offense looked horrendous in the first half. But in the second half Tyrod won the game with his legs and then a great throw on the last TD drive. It gives you a lot of faith in Taylor that he doesn't always look to run but when teams sleep on him running he will turn to it if nothing else is working. The team needs Sammy and Karlos to get back asap. Also this game showed how limited the O-line is not a good sign.

Exceptions would be Schmidt, Hogan, K. Williams, and Gilmore. Woods made some nice blocks.

The Graham call was ridiculous.

Agree. I remember discussion on this board a few weeks ago that many posters were convinced that with the number of penalties the Bills were inflicting, the refs will be hyper-vigilant in throwing the flag on them. I think the word is out.