Bills Sign K Billy Cundiff & WR Denarius Moore; Cundiff Cut

Carpenter is 5 for 7 and 2 of 3 on 50+ yard kicks. If he were to go, say, 3 for 3 on Sunday (a very real possibility) he'd be at 80 percent and above Cundiff's lousy lifetime percentage.

It's this sort of thinking that makes the Bills inferior to the Patriots. They don't sweat the details.

I'm guessing there's more than what we know about, and it's possible that Carpenter is also missing a lot of kicks in practice too. Having said that, it would be silly to release him for Cundiff if his issues are injury related.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing there's more than what we know about, and it's possible that Carpenter is also missing a lot of kicks in practice too. Having said that, it would be silly to release him for Cundiff if his issues are injury related.

It also may be that the coach is overreacting and not taking this past week into context - a week in which kickers across the league missed a ton of kicks. Even if he is injured, he's still 2 for 3 on very long kicks in actual games. But you may be right. And it would be silly to release him.

Lets not over-react here...

I was saying give Cundiff the week of practice, if consistant, he is our new starter.

Its hard to carry three kickers in this league, one has to go.

Cundiff just has to be average. Carp has been below. This should be a "no-brainer" for Whaley.

Imo

One week of practice will determine if he is consistent? Explain.

@Gil_Brandt

There have been 4 kickers cut already, tied for most before start of Week 5 in any season since 1995.

@ChrisTrapasso

Denarius Moore has been wildly inconsistent in his NFL career but has 4.45 speed & GM Doug Whaley clearly has affinity for very fast players

Denarius Moore saw 106 targets in 2013 and 2014 combined with #Raiders. Per @PFF, just 66 were "catchable." That = 62.2% catchable. Very low

I assume Billy Cundiff -- who has a big leg -- will be the KO guy Sunday for #Bills & he's more FG insurance for Carpenter than Jordan Gay.

Once Moore gets familiar with the playbook, I wonder if we part ways with Goodwin?

I was thinking same thing - this puts Goodwin on notice as far as I'm concerned

yes

I was thinking same thing - this puts Goodwin on notice as far as I'm concerned

I can't see it. We're talking about world class speed (Goodwin) versus above-average speed.

No DC is going to adjust his defensive strategy when Denarius Moore takes the field. They will, however, do so for Goodwin, given that there are zero defenders in the NFL that have sub 4.3 speed like he does.

I can't see it. We're talking about world class speed (Goodwin) versus above-average speed.

No DC is going to adjust his defensive strategy when Denarius Moore takes the field. They will, however, do so for Goodwin, given that there are zero defenders in the NFL that have sub 4.3 speed like he does.

Two things - 1) watch him run past mclovin with his above average speed in the clips above 2) DC doesn't have to adjust for Goodwin's speed if he's never on the field

He is a good depth WR. Not going to find a superstar on the street but he's good enough to play and very fast. IMO he's better than Hogan. I'm sure I'll get all kinds of "no ways" but again it's JMO.

I agree with you. Maybe Hogie gets the axe.

QB? Lol

Well I won't hold that against him then.

One week of practice will determine if he is consistent? Explain.

Not one week, 4 days.

What else do you need an explanation on? Seems pretty straight forward.

If Carp is still injured, send him to IR and save him for the year.

Imo

Edited by Leroi

Two things - 1) watch him run past mclovin with his above average speed in the clips above 2) DC doesn't have to adjust for Goodwin's speed if he's never on the field

I'm not saying that Moore isn't fast; he is...he's not DC-adjusts-his-game-plan fast, whereas Goodwin is that fast.

I'm aware that he needs to be healthy to be on the field; that's not news. My point is quite simply this: this team doesn't lack a 4.45 speed guy; they've got that (actually better) with Watkins and Harvin. Adding Moore does not give you anything you don't already have with Goodwin. Moore is taking Thigpen's spot.

I agree with you. Maybe Hogie gets the axe.

Well I won't hold that against him then.

haha I was kind of kidding on the QB part but looking at who he played with - Mcgloin, Pryor, etc. I'd assume it's not too far off.

I like that Sanjay Lal has wanted him back for 3 years. Another poster said he wore out his welcome but guess his position coach didn't think so.

haha I was kind of kidding on the QB part but looking at who he played with - Mcgloin, Pryor, etc. I'd assume it's not too far off.

I like that Sanjay Lal has wanted him back for 3 years. Another poster said he wore out his welcome but guess his position coach didn't think so.

Well if it's just a character issue we should be fine given that were a disciplined team with mature coaches and good veteran lockerroom leadership.