Rex's Presser Revisited

I went back and listened to the post game presser. First off how many times is this guy going to say "things like that" and "100 percent"? Its like nails on a chalk board. When asked about the 2 minute drill with three time outs and no urgency he says "im not too sharp right now, need to look at the tape". That tells me all I need to know. He lacks mental agility and CANNOT handle being a HC. When the onion keeps getting peeled back layer by layer I learn that he just is not as good as he thinks he is. On to the reporters a little-they ask some weak questions. Not one of them asked about fair catching inside the ten or lining Kyle up at DE then dropping him into coverage. Rex doesnt even seem concerned about being undisciplined as long as they "fight". We are in for another long season-I will wager 16 years of no playoffs with this guy at the helm. He is a complete tool.

Shocker, this board hates the coaches post game press conference. When this board approves a HC press conference post game, that will be the day Hell as truly frozen over.

Pretty sure there has been a thread every week in the entire existence of the internet, even before this site existed, of posters here whining about the post game press conference. I mean who really cares about what the coach has to say immediately after a game before he can look at the tape. Its literally the least important thing a coach can or ever will say, but its always such a big deal around here.

You guys have no idea what it takes to coach, the mental drain, the stress, the emotions etc and you want to critically analyze someone speaking right after its ended before they have had a chance to process it, formulate their thoughts on what happened, analyze the film, take a step back from the highs and lows, etc.

Another clueless factor is that people at home have SUBSTANTIAL more information following a game with cameras all over the field. Have you guys ever even been on a sideline? You don't get to see nearly as much of the play as people at home on TV with high camera angles and multiple camera angles, not to mention replays. In fact, on the sideline while you are processing what just happened they are processing what to do next. Yet you guys are baffled by post game comments about things that they don't have the same information on yet as they haven't seen the film.

So for the love of everything holy, get over the after game press conference. It could not be more meaningless. Not to mention, what he said is totally being twisted out of context around here and in the media.

Shocker, this board hates the coaches post game press conference. When this board approves a HC press conference post game, that will be the day Hell as truly frozen over.

Pretty sure there has been a thread every week in the entire existence of the internet, even before this site existed, of posters here whining about the post game press conference. I mean who really cares about what the coach has to say immediately after a game before he can look at the tape. Its literally the least important thing a coach can or ever will say, but its always such a big deal around here.

You guys have no idea what it takes to coach, the mental drain, the stress, the emotions etc and you want to critically analyze someone speaking right after its ended before they have had a chance to process it, formulate their thoughts on what happened, analyze the film, take a step back from the highs and lows, etc.

Another clueless factor is that people at home have SUBSTANTIAL more information following a game with cameras all over the field. Have you guys ever even been on a sideline? You don't get to see nearly as much of the play as people at home on TV with high camera angles and multiple camera angles, not to mention replays. In fact, on the sideline while you are processing what just happened they are processing what to do next. Yet you guys are baffled by post game comments about things that they don't have the same information on yet as they haven't seen the film.

So for the love of everything holy, get over the after game press conference. It could not be more meaningless. Not to mention, what he said is totally being twisted out of context around here and in the media.

Amen. You're better off going outside and being angry at squirrels.

he even said that he knew what the media was going to write before they wrote it. I knew he was right, it was too predictable, so I didn't bother reading any of it. i saw the headline "I'm proud of this team" all over Twitter picked up by every NFL related account with all the fake Twitter outrage about how on earth could he proud of them? They were so penalized! He was proud of their penalties! Ermagerd!

Did we bother to see what he said before and after? Oh no that's too hard. It's Rex so it must be something like how it was with the Jets... But they didn't have a lot of penalties when he was there... Oh wait...something something narrative about Jets.

And they still have an out of control locker room in NJ and tons of penalties because Rex. He was there, not anymore but he used to be, and is obviously controlling them still with Jedi mind tricks from upstate!

Therefore I blame Marrone for the fact Hughes and Aw are still getting personal fouls. That started under his watch.

Edited by YoloinOhio

he even said that he knew what the media was going to write before they wrote it. I knew he was right, it was too predictable, so I didn't bother reading any of it. i saw the headline "I'm proud of this team" all over Twitter picked up by every NFL related account with all the fake Twitter outrage about how on earth could he proud of them? They were so penalized! He was proud of their penalties! Ermagerd!

Did we bother to see what he said before and after? Oh no that's too hard.

Exactly...people are PRETENDING to imply he said he was proud of penalties and all that garbage. What he was proud of was that the team didn't quit...the team kept fighting, and honestly should have won the game as I grossly disagree with the two penalties that took the two TDs away. He even said the penalties weren't acceptable, but people keep twisting it to say he was proud of them and penalties.

I was proud to see this team fight back against NE and yesterday too. The team really adjusted at half time shutting down NYG for all but one play where players blew tackles and made a piss poor effort. The offense was moving the ball all over the place and scored twice on plays that SHOULD have counted.

But now all over the media people are just focusing on the words "Im proud of this team" and thats it followed by directly connecting that to 17 penalties. Its total garbage, manipulation of what he said, and all over a completely worthless presser before he's even seen any of the film or had time to process what just happened.

Rex is a lightning rod so everyone waits with bated breath to see what he will say so they can write about it in some angle like #RexEffect or "Oh, same old Rex! Hardy har!" No one knew who Doug Marrone was or cared what he had to say so the only article that made the rounds on Twitter was the classic "Saint Doug." Simply because it was hilarious.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I could give a crap what Rex Ryan says, in the heat of a post game press conference, about the spate of personal foul and unsportsmanlike penalties committed by his out of control players.

I care a lot about what he says during the game to those very same players. A coach doesn't need film reviews or replays to know that those penalties are hurting his team in real time, in real game situations. Both Hughes and Brown needed to be sit down for a series or two, but Rex seems either clueless or indifferent to the negative impacts those players were having on the field. At the very least, he needs to instruct his position coaches to have a word with them and tell them to chill the phuck out.

Not a sign of a good head coach. Not in the least.

GO BILLS!!!

I could give a crap what Rex Ryan says, in the heat of a post game press conference, about the spate of personal foul and unsportsmanlike penalties committed by his out of control players.

I care a lot about what he says during the game to those very same players. A coach doesn't need film reviews or replays to know that those penalties are hurting his team in real time, in real game situations. Both Hughes and Brown needed to be sit down for a series or two, but Rex seems either clueless or indifferent to the negative impacts those players were having on the field. At the very least, he needs to instruct his position coaches to have a word with them and tell them to chill the phuck out.

GO BILLS!!!

This is assuming they were valid penalties, and not just minor penalties called on us because of our reputation.

This is assuming they were valid penalties, and not just minor penalties called on us because of our reputation.

Valid penalties? Validity has absolutely no bearing on anything here. Valid or not, they were imposed. Valid or not, they hurt his team at critical times. Is Rex weighing the validity of these penalties before deciding to have a word with his players during the game? God, I hope not. That would suggest he has even less of a grip on the job.

GO BILLS!!!

You speak as if your the only one who understands the game. And yes I have been on the sidelines as I played for ten years---never coached tho. If you dont like what someone posts then dont read it. You really missed my main point which was just a confirmation of what I have already thought and that is Rex is a sub par coach and half the time he talks out of his ass. Sure we may beat the Titans but just wait until Cinci rolls in. Anyways it doesnt really matter when the post season rolls around and the Bills are packing their lockers. And no im not doom and gloom either just a realist.

You speak as if your the only one who understands the game. And yes I have been on the sidelines as I played for ten years---never coached tho. If you dont like what someone posts then dont read it. You really missed my main point which was just a confirmation of what I have already thought and that is Rex is a sub par coach and half the time he talks out of his ass. Sure we may beat the Titans but just wait until Cinci rolls in. Anyways it doesnt really matter when the post season rolls around and the Bills are packing their lockers. And no im not doom and gloom either just a realist.

Good post!!!!!!

But we may also see at the end of the year that the Pats and Giants are two of the best teams in the league and we could still win 11-12 games. Who knows at this point? Let's just wait and see if we can adjust.

Pressers sucks, you can't hold anything against a coach b/c of pressers. The problems Rex has are the problems the Bills have, not the way he talks about them moments after they happen.

Edited by Rex'sOffense

GO BILLS!!!

It needs to be hammered in every day of the week before the game. Make discipline and focus a point of emphasis and these hungry players will catch on and respond accordingly. Why this hasn't already happened 4 weeks into the season, I do not know. Edited by Aaron

Rex wore a Sabres jersey to his press conference today! Clearly this means he is conceding the Bills season is hopeless and we should all focus on hockey season. Also, how dare he go to the opener tonight? Shouldn't he be preparing for the Titans, and things like that?

Rogue and things. Obviously.

Rex wore a Sabres jersey to his press conference today! Clearly this means he is conceding the Bills season is hopeless and we should all focus on hockey season. Also, how dare he go to the opener tonight? Shouldn't he be preparing for the Titans, and things like that?

Rogue and things. Obviously.

Is he going to prepare for the Titans? Well, yeah, of course he is, but not before he gets a few beers and watches some hockey.

4 games into the season and you guys are all over this guy. It's not like we started 0-4. Ridiculous. And don't say that "15 years of futility" crap either. Next week everyone will love Rex if we win.

but but penalties and things like that. Those didn't happen until he got here and... Oh wait

One thing I would like to point out here

There is a fine line between playing smart but focused with high energy.....and being harped on about penalties SO MUCH that they start playing tentative

we dont want that either

For instance......the Cog block when the player was engaged with another OL but not in a illegal way

- No....the outcome of the play would not have been effected had Cog not done it

- No...Glenn did not need help on that particular play

BUT

What if in the next game....Cog thinks twice about giving help in a situation where it DOES effect the outcome of the play

Guys.....go out there and play physical.....lay the wood......just dont commit penalties you know to be illegal and DONT LOSE YOUR COMPOSURE NO MATTER WHAT

One thing I would like to point out here

There is a fine line between playing smart but focused with high energy.....and being harped on about penalties SO MUCH that they start playing tentative

we dont want that either

For instance......the Cog block when the player was engaged with another OL but not in a illegal way

- No....the outcome of the play would not have been effected had Cog not done it

- No...Glenn did not need help on that particular play

BUT

What if in the next game....Cog thinks twice about giving help in a situation where it DOES effect the outcome of the play

Guys.....go out there and play physical.....lay the wood......just dont commit penalties you know to be illegal and DONT LOSE YOUR COMPOSURE NO MATTER WHAT

exactly, which is what Rex was trying to say but he just walked off the field and was fired up. There are some penalties you can control and some you cannot. You have to go out there and play physical football for 60 minutes. Flags will be thrown. Some will be BS. That is the NFL, you can choose to play in the NFL or you can choose not to but if you choose to, be prepared for BS calls. You do not need to react to them or react to the opponent. That is under your control. Proceed accordingly. Make enough plays to win the game regardless of BS calls that WILL be made. Edited by YoloinOhio

Hey, I am not going to apologize for getting on Rex's case when he deserves it. I give him tons of praise for his D concepts, too. It comes with the territory. Fact is, in half our games this season, our guys played out of control and lost their heads on the field and I think that's a reflection on the coach.

But if you think I'm on Rex's case, you don't want to hear what I think about Roman at this point. Rewind that pee-wee display of a two minute offense if you can stomach it. Roman was clueless and that doesn't fill me with confidence. He is in my doghouse this week.

My apologies to pee-wee football for the comparison to Roman's two minute offense.

GO BILLS!!!

Hey, I am not going to apologize for getting on Rex's case when he deserves it. I give him tons of praise for his D concepts, too. It comes with the territory. Fact is, in half our games this season, our guys played out of control and lost their heads on the field and I think that's a reflection on the coach.

But if you think I'm on Rex's case, you don't want to hear what I think about Roman at this point. Rewind that pee-wee display of a two minute offense if you can stomach it. Roman was clueless and that doesn't fill me with confidence. He is in my doghouse this week.

My apologies to pee-wee football for the comparison to Roman's two minute offense.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that was furious about the 2-minute drill

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that was furious about the 2-minute drill

I may never get over it. Talk about agita!

Seriously though, if there was ONE thing I never anticipated worrying about, it was Greg Roman's command of an NFL offense, regardless of who he has at the controls on the field. There was NO PLAN! Nothing! TT should have had a package of plays already discussed on the sidelines and in the meeting room all week. It gave me the impression Roman didn't know the game situation. At all.

INEXCUSABLE!

He will be fighting Bradham for keys to the doghouse.

GO BILLS!!!

Some people just like to B word. Needing to call yourself a "realist" is generally an indicator that you just like to complain too much. It's a friggin press conference! Did you ever see one of Bill Belichek's conferences after a game? How about Bill Parcells'? Friggin' horrible. I wouldn't say I hate a coach because he gives crappy press conferences after a game, or use a press conference as an indicator of "mental agility" and is therefore unfit to coach. That's just nonsense. Bullroar, I tell you, bullroar!

GO BILLS!!!

I thought Roman has been pretty good overall but was straight confused with most of the playcalling in our last game.

Against Miami TT was allowed to "go for the throat" on several passes.......loved it

Then in the Giants game.....where their secondary is the most suspect part of their team......we got all close to the vest and conservative......and it allowed them to bottle up our running game......I was begging for Roman to either

allow TT to escape the pocket for a few runs to get him going

throw deep.....attempt to draw a penalty or get a big play

Some people just like to B word. Needing to call yourself a "realist" is generally an indicator that you just like to complain too much. It's a friggin press conference! Did you ever see one of Bill Belichek's conferences after a game? How about Bill Parcells'? Friggin' horrible. I wouldn't say I hate a coach because he gives crappy press conferences after a game, or use a press conference as an indicator of "mental agility" and is therefore unfit to coach. That's just nonsense. Bullroar, I tell you, bullroar!

Just to be clear, my bitching has nothing to do with Rex's press conferences as I've already pointed out.

If I can heap praise on him, I can call into question his acumen as a coach when warranted.

GO BILLS!!!

I thought Roman has been pretty good overall but was straight confused with most of the playcalling in our last game.

Against Miami TT was allowed to "go for the throat" on several passes.......loved it

Then in the Giants game.....where their secondary is the most suspect part of their team......we got all close to the vest and conservative......and it allowed them to bottle up our running game......I was begging for Roman to either

allow TT to escape the pocket for a few runs to get him going

throw deep.....attempt to draw a penalty or get a big play

I can even cut him slack on the game plan. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

He gets no slack on his failure in that two minute offense. That was a clear misunderstanding of situational football.

GO BILLS!!!

You act as if you are the only one who can see the big picture of "rex being a sub par coach" and those that disagree should just not read your posts. :lol:

4 games into the season and you guys are all over this guy. It's not like we started 0-4. Ridiculous. And don't say that "15 years of futility" crap either. Next week everyone will love Rex if we win.

In fact we are currently the 6th seed in the playoffs. Way too early for that, but man losses crush people. I feel like after every loss people return to the same old bills mentality. It is pretty annoying when this team is something to be excited about for once.
Edited by What a Tuel

Just to be clear, my bitching has nothing to do with Rex's press conferences as I've already pointed out.

If I can heap praise on him, I can call into question his acumen as a coach when warranted.

GO BILLS!!!

I wasn't referring to your comments, K-9. I find your opinions to be well thought out and criticism well thought out and measured.

I wasn't referring to your comments, K-9. I find your opinions to be well thought out and criticism well thought out and measured.

I appreciate that. Just wanted to clarify just in case. I don't care for the negative ninnies myself.

GO BILLS!!!