Bills fans should be ashamed of themselves!!!

flomoe

Meh, they own the tickets, they can do what they want with them.

The Bills have not given fans much reason to go to the games over the last decade.

Be glad there is a team in town. This is how season ticket holders making 40k per year pay for their season tickets. They sell half their tickets, especially the out of conference games for double the face value to pay off the cost of the games they want to see. No one in town is paying $200 for a $90 face value ticket, but out of towners coming in for one game will.. and there are a lot of them. Is what it is. This doesn't happen at Fedex Field in D.C. where I live b/c there are plenty of local buyers. Don't have that in the B Lo. Is what it is. Giants and Jets are the worst examples, b/c there are plenty of their fans in WNY because of UB, etc. Play well and the locals will drown them out. perfect storm yesterday. move on.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For alot of Giants fans, this was probably one of the more inexpensive way to enjoy a game at the opposition's stadium.

probably cheaper than their own stadium, even with the travel costs.

No one in town is paying $200 for a $90 face value ticket, but out of towners coming in for one game will..

if the team gets good, get used to having to do that if you dont have season tickets...

probably cheaper than their own stadium, even with the travel costs.

True for sure. My sister used to live in jersey and her family were all Yankee fans. It was cheaper for them to drive to Rochester, take the ferry (it existed then) to Toronto, and stay overnight to see a Yankee game there than to get 4 tickets at Yankee stadium.

Be glad there is a team in town.

Folks forget about when the Bills were selling only 35K season tickets and the threat of the team moving was constant. That's why I bought my season tickets in 2003, even though I live far away and only get to half, or fewer, games. I know for a fact thousands of season tickets were held by ex-pat Buffalonians trying to support the team.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

You put family above sports? WTF, man?

Seriously, that's great. Congratulations!

Thanks! Still made the colts and pats game and will attend the Bengals game.

My friend and I made some money on this game. That's great. Makes the decision to renew a slam dunk.

That's the way ticket sales need to be in this market. That's why the bills were 'advertising' they were almost to capping sth all summer. You create the cap and s waiting line to get in the door... and suddenly you will have perpetual 98% renewals. It has worked with the sabres since 2007 despite not winning a playoff series and only making it twice.

The tradeoff is you're going to have to deal with resellers

Agreed. This is why the single game tickets should not go to ST holders that want them first. They are just using them to finance their ST purchase. Leave them for Bills fans that either can't afford to but ST or can't go to more than a few games. Lots of $ In Ny and Boston area and their well - heeled fans are more than willing to invade us. This practice sucks IMO.

I'm glad that I have some bozos on here telling me on here who I can and can't sell my tickets to. If you have a problem with it, how did you get your tickets?? If you are going to single games, why don't you buy my season tickets for me- then you can pick the game you want to go to, and I will go to the rest...,

The majority of ppl who buy season tickets are not fans and only buy them to sell them

This happens in ever stadium in every sport

Yeah umm, this couldn't be any more wrong. You've got to be be kidding me.

Thanks! Still made the colts and pats game and will attend the Bengals game.

My friend and I made some money on this game. That's great. Makes the decision to renew a slam dunk.

That's the way ticket sales need to be in this market. That's why the bills were 'advertising' they were almost to capping sth all summer. You create the cap and s waiting line to get in the door... and suddenly you will have perpetual 98% renewals. It has worked with the sabres since 2007 despite not winning a playoff series and only making it twice.

The tradeoff is you're going to have to deal with resellers

Outstanding. Your first? The good news is, there is life after kids. We make it to most games, but with all our kids still pretty little right now, we don't do much tailgating these days. Drop the kids off with grandma, drive from ROC to the game, and skedaddle right back after the game.

Occasionally our childcare options don't work out, or other things come up, and we have to bail on the tickets. Anybody who criticizes me for doing what I need to do to unload tickets can, as I said before, go jump in a lake. Hell, anybody who criticizes anyone for selling their tickets for any reason can go jump in a deeper, colder lake.

Seriously, the jackholery about "real fans" yesterday in the stadium and on this board has me way more annoyed than the result of the game.

Outstanding. Your first? The good news is, there is life after kids. We make it to most games, but with all our kids still pretty little right now, we don't do much tailgating these days. Drop the kids off with grandma, drive from ROC to the game, and skedaddle right back after the game.

Occasionally our childcare options don't work out, or other things come up, and we have to bail on the tickets. Anybody who criticizes me for doing what I need to do to unload tickets can, as I said before, go jump in a lake. Hell, anybody who criticizes anyone for selling their tickets for any reason can go jump in a deeper, colder lake.

Seriously, the jackholery about "real fans" yesterday in the stadium and on this board has me way more annoyed than the result of the game.

You are too kind sir. They should go F themselves.

AMEN!!! I love how some people like to tell you what you should be doing!!!! Pound salt tards

Folks forget about when the Bills were selling only 35K season tickets and the threat of the team moving was constant. That's why I bought my season tickets in 2003, even though I live far away and only get to half, or fewer, games. I know for a fact thousands of season tickets were held by ex-pat Buffalonians trying to support the team.

I'm in the same boat, been holding seasons since 1982, every game is a road game for me since I live in the NYC area. But I kept holding on for fear that the team would move and I didn't want that on my conscience to know that I didn't support them. This weekend alone was hotels, dinners rental cars and flights for my daughter and myself and will probably cost somewhere is the $500-700 range for the weekend when its is all totalled up. A good chunk of that goes to the local economy. If I sell 3-4 games at a premium each year, it allows me to continue coming and supporting the team and the local hotels and businesses.

If a Giants fan had paid $1 more than the OP, he may not have had seats for the game and could have sat on the couch and complained about Direct TV

I'm in the same boat, been holding seasons since 1982, every game is a road game for me since I live in the NYC area. But I kept holding on for fear that the team would move and I didn't want that on my conscience to know that I didn't support them. This weekend alone was hotels, dinners rental cars and flights for my daughter and myself and will probably cost somewhere is the $500-700 range for the weekend when its is all totalled up. A good chunk of that goes to the local economy. If I sell 3-4 games at a premium each year, it allows me to continue coming and supporting the team and the local hotels and businesses.

If a Giants fan had paid $1 more than the OP, he may not have had seats for the game and could have sat on the couch and complained about Direct TV

Notice he didn't shell out for a full season? Funny spot to criticize from.