A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

People need to stop taking coaches and especially Rex for his word in press conferences. It looks worse on you than it does on him. Nothing of what he says after a game in a press conference matters or is the truth.

Do you have some special insight that says the guy we see in the presser is different than the guy in the locker room? Outside of what he says to the media, the lack of discipline on the field is obvious to all. There is no evidence yet that he is doing anything about it.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This team reminds me of another team we had in 2000's, proclaimed them selves the best defense ever. I think that team had a retread coach & lots of

Penalties also. These guys can talk the talk but can't walk the walk. Be ready for about 6 wins.

At least 3 times, Clay ran a route a yard short of the marker in the first half. Not going to throw him under the bus since Clay had a great game but those were bad moments.

He should be calling out Jerry Hughes by name. HE had no trouble calling out Dan Carpenter and Jerry Hughes gets paid 10 times Carpenter and is hurting the team a lot more.

Maybe he shouldn't throw it to him if that's the case.

One of the obvious disparities between the teams in this game was that our OL was overmatched by their DL. There were few lanes for the backs to run. It seems to me that Rex is trying to outsmart and outthink the opposition with his defensive schemes. Mario Williams, who last year was one of the most dominant players in the league, has become an invisible player. Instead of unleashing him to rush the passer I saw him dropping back into coverage. When the defense is the strength of your team don't complicate the schemes so that your best players are not attacking the play. Play to your strength and cut out the gimmicky nonsense.

In general I thought TT played well. Not exceptionally, but competently. The holding call on Urbik on the TD run by TT was a brutal call. The refereeing in all NFL games has gotten out of hand. It's as if the referees are getting paid by the number of calls they make. It is killing the continuity of the game and it is excruciating to watch.

One quarter of the season has gone by. Rex's team lacks discipline and doesn't play smartly. In this game and in the Pats game RR was demonstrably outcoached by higher caliber coaches. Being a colorful personality and very quotable may make you a more likeable coach but it doesn't mean that you are an effective coach.

In this game it was apparent to me that the superior team and the better coached team won.

I'm not happy how this game transpired but I am far from being discouraged. The more TT plays the better he will get. The Bills are a fringe wildcard playoff type team. We will be playing meaningful games up to the end. That is a step forward.

One of the obvious disparities between the teams in this game was that our OL was overmatched by their DL. There were few lanes for the backs to run. It seems to me that Rex is trying to outsmart and outthink the opposition with his defensive schemes. Mario Williams, who last year was one of the most dominant players in the league, has become an invisible player. Instead of unleashing him to rush the passer I saw him dropping back into coverage. When the defense is the strength of your team don't complicate the schemes so that your best players are not attacking the play. Play to your strength and cut out the gimmicky nonsense.

In general I thought TT played well. Not exceptionally, but competently. The holding call on Urbik on the TD run by TT was a brutal call. The refereeing in all NFL games has gotten out of hand. It's as if the referees are getting paid by the number of calls they make. It is killing the continuity of the game and it is excruciating to watch.

One quarter of the season has gone by. Rex's team lacks discipline and doesn't play smartly. In this game and in the Pats game RR was demonstrably outcoached by higher caliber coaches. Being a colorful personality and very quotable may make you a more likeable coach but it doesn't mean that you are an effective coach.

In this game it was apparent to me that the superior team and the better coached team won.

I'm not happy how this game transpired but I am far from being discouraged. The more TT plays the better he will get. The Bills are a fringe wildcard playoff type team. We will be playing meaningful games up to the end. That is a step forward.

lord, it pains to me agree with you :lol: but i do!.

You think it's the QB's job to know whether he's run the route 1 yard longer?

It's the WR's job to hit the sticks. That's pretty basic route running.

When it happens three times in a game, it's his job to put players in position to make positive plays.

Agreed.

My point was the coaching held us back today....how many times have we said that over the past 15 years? I'm sick of it.

I agree with you too, coaching and lack of discipline were both pretty bad today. Refs were bad too. Above all though, I was more impressed by the Giants than anything.

I didn't like the offensive gameplan going into this game. Unlike other games, we were too conservative and predictable on early downs. When we had to pass and convert the 1st down, TT threw the ball short of the 1st down marker. This was throughout the entire 1st half

And also late in the 4th on that 4th down. A short throw to the RB on the side you just came up short on the prior 2 plays? Going for it on 4th down and what was it, 3 or 4 yards, throw it in the end zone! I'd rather see the pass fly over the head of a receiver in the end zone than run that weak play that comes up short.

Anyone remember last year when Sullivan wrote about the OL playing awful and pinning a lot of that on Wood? Wood then tweeting at Sully and saying he wasn't man enough to call him out individually or on Twitter?

Hey, Wood. I am calling you out. I am not Sully, but I will call you out here or Twitter or whatever it takes to get people to realize for 2 seasons you've played some ****ty football.

Yes, I am on a campaign because I have been tired of seeing him suck the field up. We failed in replacing him this offseason, we must not next season. I had said I would rather draft the best OC available in the 3rd then an OG if it came down to it in order to play the new OC at OG or Wood at OG if he can cut it.

Clearly, he is not one of the best football players on this roster.

Hey B from NYC.

For 2-3 years you gave your opinion about Gilmore...This year you loved the boy. Today he had a horrible game. No mention of him? nothing? What gives?

he won't usually respond to this but he used to usually get lamb basted for going after Gilmore again.

1) Eric Wood is an inadequate football player. Seriously, he cannot play his position worth a s$@t.

2) When they blitzed Graham and/or Robey, it worked.

3) I think that I might be the biggest fan of Mario Williams on this board. That said, he provided zero pass rush today and I am not at all pleased.

4) Tyrod is said to have been nursing an ankle injury. Hopefully, this will explain the lack of rushing attempts. There is no need to treat him like a sacred cow. He needs to take off and run to play to his max.

5) I was losing time, I had nothing to do.

No-one to find, I came to you.

Wheels broke down; leader won't draw.

The line is busted, the last one I saw.

6) Don't get me wrong, I am THRILLED by the fact that we signed Clay. I do however wish that someone would coach him up to find the first down markers.

7) This is not about the game, but being a Bills fan is not for the faint of heart.

8) On one play in the late 2nd quarter, Kyle Williams lined up at defensive end. If this wasn't stupid enough, he dropped into coverage. Memories of Jauron were dancing in my head.

9) 17 penalties? No pass rush despite superior talent on defense? I am not there yet, but I am approaching the point of turning my back on Rex Ryan.

10) I am thinking that Glenn's inability to play well has been defined by injuries that we did not know about. I hope so, because Kujo wasn't exactly tearing up the field, ya know?

11) Do you know what Thigpen needs? I will spell it out:

A) A special teams coach who will explain to him to NOT call for a fair catch inside the 10.

B) A head coach who will take responsibility for this.

C) Both.

16) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing's for certain, it could always go wrong.

And also late in the 4th on that 4th down. A short throw to the RB on the side you just came up short on the prior 2 plays? Going for it on 4th down and what was it, 3 or 4 yards, throw it in the end zone! I'd rather see the pass fly over the head of a receiver in the end zone than run that weak play that comes up short.

Me too, the play was weak sauce, Tyrod should audible to something better there. They showed the replay and after his initial block Felton found an open spot in the endzone that Taylor couldn't see.

Edited by Fixxxer

If Bradham can make a tackle on Jennings, we might have a different result from today's game.

Yep. That was quite the turning point. If I had to put the critical moment on one play, that would have been it.

I agree with you too, coaching and lack of discipline were both pretty bad today. Refs were bad too. Above all though, I was more impressed by the Giants than anything.

I'm generally in agreement with this. I was very disappointed with Roman's game plan. I am hopeful they'll get it figured out, though.

On your second point, everyone needs to take that into account much more than they are. The Giants are a solid team. They are going to be contending for their division. That team is no pushover.

We're 2-2 everyone. Chill. If we are 2-4, that's a good time to be concerned.

I think their problems are between their ears. They have a great game. Then they slack off. They need to learn how to play at a high level the majority of the time. Most of all, eliminate the crucial mistakes and there where plenty of those that weren't penalties. If they played a clean game(minimal mistakes) they would be hard to beat. The talent is there.

Phantom holding on Urbik on Tyrod's td. Also, isn't a chop block when somebody goes after a player's knees? Incognito hit the guy on the hip, it's called double team. Two touchdowns lost on questionable penalties.

Bradham should've dropped that guy in his tracks.

The offense never got rolling till the second half. When the Giants got their pick, I don't know how that guy wasn't out of bounds. His back was out of bounds when he got possession of the ball.

The penalty on Preston Brown was weak. There was a scrum and he was standing up to get out of it. Gave them 15, then Hughes probably yelled at the ref and got another 15. Later on, O'Dell was jacking around with Preston Brown, and he reacted, and got called. first and goal.

The refs sucked.

Thats the funny thing, if that was a WR making the catch I bet they rule it Out of Bounds. It crazy how many catches get ruled out of bounds for a WR being close to the white, yet that one was good because it was an INT..

Oline was bad today but mostly incognito (who had a meltdown) and did we even have a right tackle? Giants otherwise crappy pass rush was flying off the right edge all day

Hughes is a jerk

As much as I'd like to pin it on Taylor I cannot. The weak oline play, fumble by woods, etc, were not his fault.

Stating the obvious but a horrific lack of discipline by many players, which of course starts with the coaches. Had to feel sorry for some of the more composed players like Kyle and Taylor for how the penalties kept killing us

Way too easy to move the ball by running it up the middle on us

Horrible missed tackle by bradham on Jennings ....biggest play of the game IMO

Given lack of discipline from the coaches we need a take charge kind of QB in the huddle. But I don't see one on our roster.

unfortunately I think thats what Cassel was supposed to be here, or atleast what they were looking for when they trade to get him

Hey B from NYC.

For 2-3 years you gave your opinion about Gilmore...This year you loved the boy. Today he had a horrible game. No mention of him? nothing? What gives?

No he didn't. He allowed a few completions, sure, but so many players had a worse game. Gilmore had a great second half too. He helped keep us in it.

I was at the game TT did not play bad ---dropped passes , poor routes , and the list went on. I think his numbers were 278 yards, 2 td, 1 pick and he ran one in that was called back for a hold. The problem lays directly with Rex

Your correct, he didn't play bad and it wasn't the QB play that cost them, the person you are responding to has a crusade against Taylor it seems