Darby named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month!

YoloinOhio

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ronald Darby: "It's a blessing" (1:40)

Bills rookie cornerback Ronald Darby shares his reaction to Thursday's announcement that he's been named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month for his play during September.

Rex Ryan: Darby "has that pro mentality" (1:47)

Bills HC Rex Ryan gives his reaction to rookie Ronald Darby being named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month and discusses the injury situation on the offensive side of the ball heading into Sunday's game.

Leodis better hurry up and get back before Darby locks down the starting position.

Somehow this team has become really deep in a lot of positions. Way to go, Whaley.

The kid has already locked up the position and it is his to lose. Leodis is probably coming in at the slot position or move down to Free Safety. First, he has to be healthy.

Where was Marcus Peters drafted?

Well, he was drafted to the Kansas City Chiefs. The draft was held in Chicago. He was selected in the first round with Pick #18. I'm certain that one of those is the answer you're looking for.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

I'm dying to know how they get those target numbers...when I reviewed the all-22's, I had Gilmore down for 21 targets, and Darby for 24.

EDIT: Sweet November! Look at this only-PFF gem from the opening:

After three weeks the range of targets for starting corners goes from 33 targets for Stephon Gilmore to five targets for Cary Williams, and you would be hard pressed to find anyone who would say that Gilmore being targeted 11 times as much as Williams is a statement of how good either corner is.

----------------

So we now know that, according to PFF, 5 x 11 = 33.

No wonder their grading system sucks.

I had little respect for PFF when they burst onto the scene with their "analytics" and I have even less now. EVERYTHING they compile lacks context.

I get that it's a fun tool that relates to how we watch games as average fans, but there's a reason no player and his agent cites PFF's ratings during negotiations. They'd be laughed out of the room.

GO BILLS!!!

But I thought it took years to develop a rookie corner into a starter....

:rolleyes:

I don't know how this myth got started. When it comes to the playbook portion of development, CBs have the least amount to learn. And by a lot, too. By comparison, QBs have a Manhattan phone book, OLmen a copy of War and Peace, and CBs have a gum wrapper with a couple scribbled notes on it.

GO BILLS!!!

Didn't Dumbass Kiper and Moron McShay blast the Bills for this pick? I know Kiper gave us the worst grade in the draft. The hair is looking like his usual genius self. Think he was also annoyed we didn't take Bryce Petty. Wonder what he thinks of Tyrod? Darby is just another reason to hate those clowns.

It will be the defensive rookie of the month vs offensive rookie of the month next week!

@nflnetwork: Congrats to Marcus Mariota, named Offensive Rookie of the Month!

61/97, 277.7 pass YPG, 8 TD, 2 INT, 109.2 Pass RTG http://t.co/QmaGR0gAv1

It's being billed as That Time of the Month bowl Edited by JTSP