Will NE hit a wall this season?

thronethinker

They don't play the Bengals this year, at least in the regular season. I think the places they're most likely to stumble are @NYG, vs. BUF, and @NYJ But I don't put any of those over 50% chance.

I should have elaborated that was talking regular and post season. Bengals are looking like solid playoff contender, so could tangle with Pats then.

I am actively rooting for every team that plays Pats no matter who they are. If a team was made up of ISIS members with Jeffrey Dahmer at QB I would root for them against Pats.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't understand all the pre-season talk about the Pats falling back to the pack this year, but I guess that's stopped now.

Seeing as how this "they are getting worse" prediction has been ongoing for the last decade now ... I am sure it'll still be a wish that sits atop the list of many for some time still.

The Patriots aren't going to "hit a wall", but I also don't see them going undefeated. Twice they have back to backs with Jets and Dolphins. I don't think that road games in Indy and NY Giants are a lock either. Without Romo, Dallas just isn't very scary. 5 of their last 8 games are on the road, so that will tell us something for sure.

NE plays like this all year. That why we need Leodis back. The deeper our secondary is the better chance we have of making a game of it. Bills can beat them but it will take a near perfect game to do it. Like Rex said in his post game speech. Disciplined. Minimal penalties.

Right - I don't think there's any evidence that they've started out hot, then fizzled by the end of the regular season.

Right - I don't think there's any evidence that they've started out hot, then fizzled by the end of the regular season.

If anything, they are proven to improve as the playoffs approach.

Given that they will soon have LaFell and Stork (2 of their better offensive players) returning from injury lists - combined with the maturation of their rookie OG's and the squirt RB ..... as good as that offense is right now, it may well be even better by seasons end.

About the only potential "downfall" area I can see is CB play. Maybe Butler regresses?

We have seen this movie before. After the Spygate, they went 16-0 before getting defeated by the Giants in the Superbowl. That was sweet because the Pats fans were devastated by it. The Pats is once again writing the same script. Brady is waving his middle fingers to the rest of the league. He will try to drop 50 on every team he plays. Except that this time will be different because: this Pats team is not as talented as the 2007 team. He has a less experienced OL so his throws are mostly short passes. Soon, every team will try to man-handle Eldeman at the line, i.e., grab him within 5 yards to not let him go through his rub route. They will gang tackle Gronk after he catches the ball, with someone constantly going after his lower body (near the knees area). Once the other teams take out Gronk and Edleman, Brady will have to hold the ball longer. Then it is just a matter of time until he gets knocked out too. If the Pats choose to leave Brady out there with a big lead, I cannot see how their opponents would do nothing about it.

I'm not saying someone should do this but it would be interesting to bring a radio jamming device to Gillette Stadium and turn it on when the quarterbacks and middle linebackers helmet radios are supposed to be shut off. I'd love to see if Brady suddenly can't find the open receiver when someone can't tell him where to throw. Technically it's not cheating. More like forced compliance with the rules.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I'm not saying someone should do this but it would be interesting to bring a radio jamming device to Gillette Stadium and turn it on when the quarterbacks and middle linebackers helmet radios are supposed to be shut off. I'd love to see if Brady suddenly can't find the open receiver when someone can't tell him where to throw. Technically it's not cheating. More like forced compliance with the rules.

Was NE doing that at the Ralph--when Dareus was complaining that Brady was getting rid of the ball so fast that there was nothing they could do to stop them? And you think that in that tiny sliver of time that Brady is sitting back there after the snap waiting for some guy up in the booth with binoculars to tell him where his open receiver is?

Come on...admit it--you really believe this!

Was NE doing that at the Ralph--when Dareus was complaining that Brady was getting rid of the ball so fast that there was nothing they could do to stop them? And you think that in that tiny sliver of time that Brady is sitting back there after the snap waiting for some guy up in the booth with binoculars to tell him where his open receiver is?

Come on...admit it--you really believe this!

Not so much believe it as truth but would not be shocked if it were fact. They have played football for almost 100 years and in all that time no team had dominated its opposition at the highest level like the Pats** do. Is it only because Ernie Adams and Bill Belichick are the two smartest humans ever who happened to come across the greatest QB ever, or did they job the system? It's a question no one is willing to ask. Edited by PromoTheRobot