Week 4: Giants' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

I agree. It is absolutely going to be a tough game but it is at home, and an NFC game. Every game counts but in the realm of wild card races and potential tie breakers It would be more important IMO to have them healthy for the road game at TN and for the Cincy game. We have enough depth on O to beat the Giants if defense comes to play and coaches have a good game plan.

Yeah, this is where I am too.

Obviously I want the Bills to win, but if we chance losing an NFC game without them to have Sammy and Shady fully ready for the Titans and Cincy I understand completely.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope so but I have my doubts as to how effective the offense will be without Watkins. Harvin is being productive because of all the attention Sammy gets. What happens once teams dont cheat to one side of the field? It will make things touger on Tyrod and the WRs. I think people are underestimating what Watkins' presense alone brings to this O.

Watkins was out of the game for nearly 3 quarters last week and Harvin was just fine. Hogan picked up the slack on the other side and even made a long pass play. I think they have enough weapons in the passing game to compensate, even if they double Harvin deep. That said, I would love to see Goodwin play to keep the D honest with real speed on the other said.

Edited by MDFan

The question is.....do we want Sammy and Shady to continue to be decoy's and non factors in our offense or do we want to try to rest them against teams we should be able to beat without them and have them for extremely tough opponents down the road

Me personally? I dont see the Giants as some kind of cake walk....this is gonna be a tough game. BUT I also have a lot of confidence in players like Robert Woods and Tyrod Taylor and our new rookie stud RB

That's where I'm at. I don't see the Giants as an easy game, but I trust our depth, and its a NFC matchup, I'll go ahead and take the chance to rest our guys for possibly more important games down the road.

This will not be an easy game at all. Eli will probably do the quick dink and dunk to keep their drives alive. I don't know that they'll be able to run much on our D, but Eli is crafty. That said, I don't think much of their TEs. Spags is a very good DC but I'm sure he's glad that Sammy and Shady are out.

i'm glad they are sitting these guys. our goal is the playoffs and keeping everyone healthy throughout the season. get these guys healthy for the long run. next man up and luckily we have pretty good depth at these positions. the whole team really!

Yeah, that's quite the list! Good thing Whaley has built a roster with quality depth.

True. The depth is great, the only thing we really need to worry about with it is Rambo going First Blood on Darby.

Giants in 90: Moving forward without Cruz (1:38)

John Schmeelk and Anita Marks discuss how the offense is preparing for Sunday with Victor Cruz sidelined

Giants vs. Bills: 3 Keys To Game (4:20)

John Schmeelk and Paul Dottino give us three keys to game for the Giant's Sunday matchup against the Bills

Fact or Fiction: Turnover Differential (1:22)
John Schmeelk and Lance Medow debate whether the Giants will win the turnover battle on Sunday vs. Buffalo Bills

@TBNSports

Listen: "The Vic Carucci Show." #Bills & #NYGiants & more. @viccarucci on @97RockBuffalo: http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/10/02/todays-vic-carucci-show-on-97-rock-2/

@billsupdates

LeSean McCoy injury: Bills' RB says he won't play until he's 100 percent, may miss multiple weeks http://ow.ly/SWLwT

proxy.jpg?t=HBhoaHR0cDovL2ltZ2ljay5zeXJh

@Giants

Injury Report: Ayers, Cruz, Cunningham and Kuhn OUT. Fells, Flowers (Questionable) Darkwa, Odighizuwa, DRC (Probable)

CQVHQoIUAAA_4Ra.jpg

@SalSports

Full Bills injury update, status', replacements, etc: http://www.wgr550.com/Shady-Sammy-Miller-all-ruled-out-for-Bills/22027867

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Bills promote RB Wood to active roster

With LeSean McCoy out for Sunday and just two healthy running backs on the roster, the Bills promoted Cierre Wood from the practice squad.

@Giants

Coach Coughlin says Ereck Flowers (ankle) continues to improve everyday. #Giants

"Taylor is a 4.5 guy. It's very important that we keep him in the pocket." - Coach Coughlin

"The emphasis this week is to finish and play a complete football game." - Jon Beason

"I felt good on Wednesday but I felt the calf when I tried to go into a burst." - Victor Cruz

"Hopefully this is the last setback. I'm going to continue to work hard to get back." - Victor Cruz

Victor Cruz says he hasn't lost faith and that his time will come. #Giants