Week 4: Giants' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills should be able to defeat both the Giants and the Titans w/o Shady and Sammy. Now is a good time to let both of the guys get right from a physical perspective with tougher games to come down the road.

I hope so but I have my doubts as to how effective the offense will be without Watkins. Harvin is being productive because of all the attention Sammy gets. What happens once teams dont cheat to one side of the field? It will make things touger on Tyrod and the WRs. I think people are underestimating what Watkins' presense alone brings to this O.

On a side note I also think they'll miss Shady and his blitz pickup. Rookies generally suck at it, which will also negatively impact the pass game.

That being said I still think thhe Bills win but it would not surprise me if the passing game struggles and the team needs to lean on Williams heavily to eek out the win.

I hope so but I have my doubts as to how effective the offense will be without Watkins. Harvin is being productive because of all the attention Sammy gets. What happens once teams dont cheat to one side of the field? It will make things touger on Tyrod and the WRs. I think people are underestimating what Watkins' presense alone brings to this O.

On a side note I also think they'll miss Shady and his blitz pickup. Rookies generally suck at it, which will also negatively impact the pass game.

That being said I still think thhe Bills win but it would not surprise me if the passing game struggles and the team needs to lean on Williams heavily to eek out the win.

Even w/o Sammy, the Giants will not be able to stop Harvin, Clay, and Woods in the passing game. They have little to no pass rush without JPP and Robert Ayers looks like he won't play. If the Giants send extra rushers, they will be burned by Tyrod escaping the pocket to make big plays with both his arm and legs.

They have to respect the run. They have to keep an eye on Clay with a safety or linebacker. And then you have Harvin and Woods who are both good at getting open, and Hogan, while not Sammy, is damned solid. I think we'll be ok.

They have to respect the run. They have to keep an eye on Clay with a safety or linebacker. And then you have Harvin and Woods who are both good at getting open, and Hogan, while not Sammy, is damned solid. I think we'll be ok.

Mulligan! tvhappy.gif Don't sleep on Matt Mulligan. :rolleyes:

Maybe other people have broken down the tape more, so do you see any receiving threats other than OBJ that we wouldn't trust in single coverage with Gilmore or Darby?

At the moment I'm seeing a game plan similar to the Colts: double the speedy receiver (Hilton/OBJ) with Darby and Graham over top, single cover the bigger receiver (Johnson/Randle) trust Robey and Butler in single coverage all day and constantly blitz.

Any weaknesses in that?

Maybe other people have broken down the tape more, so do you see any receiving threats other than OBJ that we wouldn't trust in single coverage with Gilmore or Darby?

At the moment I'm seeing a game plan similar to the Colts: double the speedy receiver (Hilton/OBJ) with Darby and Graham over top, single cover the bigger receiver (Johnson/Randle) trust Robey and Butler in single coverage all day and constantly blitz.

Any weaknesses in that?

per giants fans Ruben Randle is lazy and can't get separation. They say he is usually invisible. He finally showed up vs Redskins.

That might be fair, but even when he is on, do we think Gilmore (still our best overall corner IMHO) would have problems handling him like he did Johnson?

Gilmore just became a father last season, so what makes you think he can't handle his Johnson?

Well, Johnson had a size advantage but I don't remember Gilmore getting caught holding Johnson, just the question of whether he got him out that one play.

:lol:

What problems did he have with Johnson?

In all sincerity, I remember Johnson being pretty much a non-factor.

The question is.....do we want Sammy and Shady to continue to be decoy's and non factors in our offense or do we want to try to rest them against teams we should be able to beat without them and have them for extremely tough opponents down the road

Me personally? I dont see the Giants as some kind of cake walk....this is gonna be a tough game. BUT I also have a lot of confidence in players like Robert Woods and Tyrod Taylor and our new rookie stud RB

The question is.....do we want Sammy and Shady to continue to be decoy's and non factors in our offense or do we want to try to rest them against teams we should be able to beat without them and have them for extremely tough opponents down the road

Me personally? I dont see the Giants as some kind of cake walk....this is gonna be a tough game. BUT I also have a lot of confidence in players like Robert Woods and Tyrod Taylor and our new rookie stud RB

I agree. It is absolutely going to be a tough game but it is at home, and an NFC game. Every game counts but in the realm of wild card races and potential tie breakers It would be more important IMO to have them healthy for the road game at TN and for the Cincy game. We have enough depth on O to beat the Giants if defense comes to play and coaches have a good game plan.

Edited by YoloinOhio