What is your biggest concern going into the Miami game?

YoloinOhio

Biggest concern going into Miami game  

203 members have voted

1. 1. What is your biggest concern going into the Miami game?

• Performance of Tyrod Taylor
    • Turnovers
    • Offensive Line vs. Suh and Co.
    • Kicking game
    • Defensive line getting to Tannehill
    • Secondary vs. Miami WRs and TEs
    • Getting outcoached
    • Playing on the road in Miami's home opener
    • The heat factor
    • The refs
    • Injury to AW -> Rambo starting
    • Penalties
    • Other

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went with being outcoached because I thought that was far and away the biggest issue in the NE game. I don't think that Miami's coaching staff is that good but it is more about the Bills approach to me. If the Bills cannot find a way to generate pressure like they did last year this team is in trouble. Since it is mostly the same guys I am pointing to scheme.

I suspect my biggest concern is that they give up on the run too quickly. Ground and Pound is a good solid philosophy and I think we have evidence that we have the horses to provide it. Our offensive line is better run-blocking than pass-blocking. Put an effective run game on the agenda early and often and it will loosen up the pass game.

Defense has to adjust to the fact that quick-release is the lesson other teams learned from New England (although none of them have a Brady to be as effective as he was) and adjust to that.

Cut down on the penalties.

None of these things are a stretch for this team. I see us winning this game.

Taylor. He is gonna see what he saw last week until he can beat it.

As for the idea that teams now have a blueprint to beat our D, does that include borrowing Brady from the Pats**** to play against us?

GO BILS!!!

I honestly have no idea why Ryan stayed with that lame dropping in to coverage the entire game. Jerry Hughes on Gronk, and Kyle Williams dropping into coverage...

I seriously doubt he will be foolish enough to think that Tallywacker is as big a threat as Brady and not blitz. Then knowing that the Dolphins O line could be missing Brandon Albert,and their TE's Cameron, Sims are not 100%. Then more good news is Cameron Wake had a hamstring issue, and RB Lamar Miller has had a bad ankle.

I look for the Bills defense to go nuts on the Phins QB just like they did against Luck.

I'm more concerned about the Bills getting their run game going to help out Taylor.

The biggest variable is TT's performance. Miami has nothing approaching elite at any position on their offense and their defense appears to have been highly overrated. If TT can sustain drives and protect the ball I think this will be a sure win.

Jarvis Landry definitely falls into the "approaching elite " category. Suh going rogue on his D co-ordinator doesn't really lend itself to any belief in their system on that end. I'd worry about the Bills vaunted Dline getting pressure on Tannehill, but I think Kyle Williams will kill someone on the line if he sees a performance like last week.

Jarvis Landry definitely falls into the "approaching elite " category. Suh going rogue on his D co-ordinator doesn't really lend itself to any belief in their system on that end. I'd worry about the Bills vaunted Dline getting pressure on Tannehill, but I think Kyle Williams will kill someone on the line if he sees a performance like last week.

I don't know that I'd say that.

He did well to have 84 catches (which put him tied for 17th in the NFL), but he had one of the lowest yards/catch in the NFL (9.0, which put him 118th among players with at least 1.875 receptions per games played). He also found the end zone only 5 times on those 84 catches.

He's a nice player, but I wouldn't say he's anywhere near the top 5 WRs in the league (which I define as "elite")...he's probably more like top 30 right now.

My concern is that TT overthinks all the undue scrutiny of the pats game and to appease everyone starts throwing the ball into tight coverage and either refusing to leave the pocket and stepping up so he can get mauled by Suh or he leaves the pocket too much and takes undue hits......

Tyrod.....just be Tyrod please and dont listen to what the armchair qbs are sayin (hopefully he doesnt read us anyway)

Agreed. Comes with the territory for playing on the bills though.

yes and when they picked up the flag after TT was hit after sliding. You know that would never have happened if it was Brady. It's not sour grapes, I'm sure we got away with some too, it just pisses me off when things are so inconsistent. They threw the flag for a reason. To pick it up after the fact is BS. Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't think the NE defense is really all that good as they are currently ranked behind Buffalo at 31st. Then if NE can shut down the Bills O for three quarters by stacking the box with nine, ten defenders with Wake, and Suh. It could be really rough going for Buffalo if they don't figure out a way to move the ball against a stacked box.

Penalties on Buffalo again. :doh:

The heat in the 4th quarter 88+ degrees with 75% humidity wearing out the players. It used to be back in the late 80's-early 90's with Rusty Jones the Bills players looked in more shape then the Dolphins were.

We will see this game.

All this!

Not elite if he can't average more per catch than he has

I originally thought turnovers, but penalties are way too prevalent with this team so far this year. I think we can run the ball and do the short quick passes to keep their defense off balance. We have to be more disciplined on defense and avoid costly pass interference and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.

It should be a close game. Let's hope Carpenter can make his extra points this week.