One Day Later...

Virgil

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't get it. the pats won by a td. yeah the d didn't play up to the level they should have. but it was a td it wasn't like the game was lost by 40. though the way a lot of the articles i've read are reacting you'd think they did. the ones that have cracked me up the most are the ones where they are in essence saying the bills should close up shop and fire rex because none of the mentioned will ever win. i do feel that the player leadership on the team was lacking. when young players lose it like that the leaders/veterans need to step up and say something. other than that it was just a loss. on to the next game

Yes, we looked like real Bowl contenders.

1. Denial — The first reaction is denial. In this stage individuals believe the diagnosis is somehow mistaken, and cling to a false, preferable reality.
  2. Anger — When the individual recognizes that denial cannot continue, it becomes frustrated, especially at proximate individuals. Certain psychological responses of a person undergoing this phase would be: "Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; '"Who is to blame?"; "Why would this happen?".
  3. Bargaining — The third stage involves the hope that the individual can avoid a cause of grief. Usually, the negotiation for an extended life is made in exchange for a reformed lifestyle. People facing less serious trauma can bargain or seek compromise.
  4. Depression — "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"; "I'm going to die soon so what's the point?"; "I miss my loved one, why go on?"

During the fourth stage, the individual becomes saddened by the mathematical probability of death. In this state, the individual may become silent, refuse visitors and spend much of the time mournful and sullen.

5. Acceptance — "It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it."; "Nothing is impossible."

These are the 5 stages of DABDA in the Kubler-Ross model.

Yesterday, I was Stage 1 - I can't believe our defense is getting freaking shredded like this. This can't be happening!

Today I'm at Stage 2 - Was that really the best game plan Rex could devise? That @$#?{)(%$ Ryan is so effing overrated as a defensive guru. It looks we're stuck with another bad head coach! Why are we Bills fans forever cursed???

With a little Stage 3 - Maybe if I had eaten Buffalo Wings earlier in the game, as per tradition, we would have won. I'll order the wings early next Sunday and every Sunday. We can get this season back on track with a little luck.

And a little of Stage 4 - Man, will this be another year of disappointments?

With just a touch of Stage 5 - It's all going to be okay. It's just a football game; it's not the end of the world. My family still loves me.

For most of the 4th quarter the Pats** only rushed 4 players from the DL

CBF

So, we rushed four as well. And I don't call Brady fumbling as being lazy. They were trying to crush is. 4th and 1 and they throw deep. Hardly being lazy IMO. We lost by one score. RREELLAAXX

We looked like a team that is learning a new system on offense and defense, a team with a young qb in his second start of his career that was put in a shootout with Brady. a shaky offensive line that was out matched by new England's underrated defense. Sure the roster is talented but chemistry and timing is being overlooked by our car salesman of a coach

Rex got too cute and overthought his gameplan. We need to play sound defense and to our strengths. Blitz when indicated,etc,etc. I really think that he tried too hard to tailor make a cutesy scheme that somehow would confuse both Brady and Belicheck. But it didn't work too well. Time to go back to the basics and play sound hard football.

The thing I dont understand and never will is why Rex did not do the thing he does best - Blitz. He and everyone else knows the only way to get to Brady is to pressure him constantly and get him scared. A team, any team, CANNOT let Brady stand there and pick you apart. I dont care if you have 15 Revis Islands, Brady will win that duel every time. Haven't we learned that already!

We played defense EXACTLY the way Wannstedt used to. Passive, reactive and unaggressive. I've seen that defense before and hoped to never see it again - but we did....

If the Pats were honest (and we know they're not) they would admit they're thinking "Jeez, if Rex hadn't been talking all that trash and if the team hadn't believed all the hype, we'd have been toast". Consider in spite of ALL the lousy D, crappy special teams and freaking penalties...we only lost by 8 points. Are you kidding me? If the Pats were "all that" we should have lost 52-3.

We played defense EXACTLY the way Wannstedt used to. Passive, reactive and unaggressive. I've seen that defense before and hoped to never see it again - but we did....

Now comparing one of the Best Defensive Minds in Football to Wannstedt? Okay.

Imo

I've reached stage 4, acceptance.

Overall, the most disappointing thing about yesterday is that it feels like we can't be better than 2nd place in the AFC. I feel like we can beat any team but the Pats right now. As for the emotion of it, I blame myself and Rex for putting myself and the players at that level and you could see it on the sidelines almost immediately. The Bills played out of control and dug themselves too much a whole. Yes, we came back at the end, but we never led the game beyond the first 5 minutes and the game shouldn't have been like that.

I also re-affirmed my hatred for Brady and Bilicheat. You can't convince me that they weren't trying to run up the score at the end so Brady could throw his 400th TD in our stadium as a point of FU. Their cockiness is what allowed us to come back more than anything. We were able to score on some broken plays. If they stuck to their gameplan, I don't think we came back even close.

But going forward, I do expect to win a lot of games. I do expect to be a playoff team. And yes, yesterday was just a crazy day in the NFL. Just look at survivor leagues.

Here are my concerns though going forward:

1. Is this what causes Rex to lose control of his teams? He gets them hyped up and when they start to lose, they eventually turn on themselves?
  2. Can Roman really gameplan where he uses his WR's? He didn't in San Fran and we haven't seen much of Sammy or Woods
  3. Can this team prepare and get to the points where beating the Pats isn't a fluke? Unless we beat them at home on Monday Night (doubtful), the road to the Superbowl will most likely go through Foxboro

There are still other questions, but I admit that it's too early to tell. I think that Tyrod will learn from this. I think that weird things happen on any given Sunday. But this just hurts so much more because this was our best opportunity to show we've arrived and we squandered it.

It's like being a boxer and knowing that no matter who you beat, there's that one guy out there who holds the title and can mess you up. How optimistic can you really get knowing that?

Bills are poorly coached team yesterday.

Woods ran around uncovered quite a bit yesterday. TT is not seeing the field well. I noticed while at both games. It's either go route or screen with him the past two weeks. Not sure how much of that is by design, but I can attest there are WR running intermediate routes that are being missed.

Yep. there were plays left on the field. Both games

Its a young team generally speaking.

Lets let them focus on getting their act together.

I sure dont think the Pats game defines the season.

But it was disheartening as the TEAM played poorly overall.

I expect them to fix most all that against Miami.

We have to put it behind us

NEXT UP!!!

The thing I dont understand and never will is why Rex did not do the thing he does best - Blitz. He and everyone else knows the only way to get to Brady is to pressure him constantly and get him scared. A team, any team, CANNOT let Brady stand there and pick you apart. I dont care if you have 15 Revis Islands, Brady will win that duel every time. Haven't we learned that already!

They win either way. thats why we hate them

I'm interested to see just how bad Taylor was. Anyone watch all-22 yet? I'd like to know how many open receivers he missed seeing.

sound like fun.

He struggled, want to see the car accident in slo mo?

The game wasn't that bad. A few terrible calls and a couple of drops from a W.

We will get them next time.

Imo

Good post, if sincere.

Because that's how life is.

The game wasn't that bad. A few terrible calls and a couple of drops from a W.

We will get them next time.

Imo

The game was terrible given last weeks performance and the expectations. No, I didn't expect we'd roll over NE but I also didn't think we'd be outmatched, outcoached, and out of control for most of the game. Forget about the final score and watch the tape.

The game was terrible given last weeks performance and the expectations. No, I didn't expect we'd roll over NE but I also didn't think we'd be outmatched, outcoached, and out of control for most of the game. Forget about the final score and watch the tape.

We reviewed the game tape this morning. It was not nearly as bad as you make it out. We were close and never gave up. Just a couple of bounces away from victory.

Imo